The girls of Macross

Coyote187

Misa and Hikaru crashed on earth in the Super O while Minmay was shaking her thing for the Zentrans.

yeah that's right... but minmay was the one riding with Hikaru to begin with right? or was there a swap involved somewhere... I'm sooo lost LOL.

BoB, I totally know what you mean about pencil. All my drawings have always been in pencil, since it's an easy medium to work in. For my best stuff, I switched to woodless graphite... the best!!

My best drawings of human figures were semi-traces. I'd trace the basic outline to get the proportions and placement right (the hardest things for me) and then go to town from there. It's not as easy as it sounds, really. I have yet to duplicate what I was able to do those ~1yr. between 2000 and 2001 :( . For some odd reason, I think it was because my mind wasn't in it. Everyone who sees my drawings says I really should pick it up again... It's not for lack of trying, like I said, I just can't replicate what I had back then. :( :(

Here's some linkage:

My first drawing, Aspen Matthews of Fathom

One of my "middle" drawings, again, Aspen Matthews of Fathom

The last of the "busts", Lara Croft of Tomb Raider

My first full body. Best picture I've done, IMO. Aspen Matthews of Fathom

My last picture. Sara Pezzini of Witchblade

This is the best I can do now... :(

millia1.jpg

I lost the muse that kept my mind from overthinking the details... Now I focus too much on the details and it just doesn't come out right.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

They were captured by the Zentrans. Hikaru and Misa managed to escape which cost Roy his life. Minmay and her brother folded away from Hikaru while they were trying to rescue her... eh, just go watch it.. :p

Man Vostok, you're pretty good. You never post anything here.

A person has to perfect his/her pencil style though, before they can go on to another medium. That's why it's a challenge. The pencil part has to be perfect before it can be inked, painted or photoshopped. It's the foundation of the drawn medium. Even a CG has to start in pencil somehow. Maybe digital artist use wacoms, but their pencilling skills is still a need. Sometimes though, over doing it with the pencil can do a disservice to a project. Sometimes I over shade and I forget I'm going to color over it anyway. Depends on the project.

All in all, I got to agree with BoB, pencilling skills is the ultimate test...

They were captured by the Zentrans. Hikaru and Misa managed to escape which cost Roy his life. Minmay and her brother folded away from Hikaru while they were trying to rescue her... eh, just go watch it.. :p

Man Vostok, you're pretty good. You never post anything here.

Ohhh yeah, that's right *DOH* *smacks forehead*

I posted that one of Millia on the old boards. I wish I could do better. It's lack of reference material and skill at freehanding that keeps me down. Besides, I've come convinced that those five pictures were like miracles or something since I was never able to draw like that and have yet to again...

Now mechanical type drawings... those I can do!

Vostok 7

Back to the subject in hand... I'm prolly going to clean this up later, but here's Sylvie Geena...

Very nice! But ahem, can you post a new thread please? :p New artworks need new threads to do them justice! B)

LOL... will do... let me just clean her up. Also, I just realized I don't have any grey markers... :(

I'v never posted my art here before.So  I figured I'd do it today. I know  it's not the greastest looking pic, but it was the first Macross one I ever drew back in '96.

Pencil sketches will always be the truest form of ultimate test for anyone's drawing skill. It doesn't matter if the work is a new image or copied - because the idea is to capture your idea or subject as accurately as possible, with very minimal room for mistakes.

Of all the mediums out there, I struggle with raw pencil and paper sketches the most - especially when drawing human figures.

I can see you really did struggle to get it right... Although there are some loose ends you can tie up in the picture... Kudos! It's a good job nontheless. Please keep drawing. :)

Thanks Bob. :)

It's like I said.It was my very first attempt at a Macross character drawing. my second was Ishtar. Now that I look back at them all I see is where I screwed up.

post-5-1063005878_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Hi all! I finally figured out how to register on this new server - my JValk account was stuck for a while for some reason. Anyhow I'd like to share what I have, but I think I'll wait till i get some space at the free webhost site stickied above - in the meantime tho I think Shawn and Graham wouldn't mind me using a bit of bandwidth to post one of my fave Mikimoto Minmay recreations...

post-5-1063519938_thumb.jpg

Hi all! I finally figured out how to register on this new server - my JValk account was stuck for a while for some reason. Anyhow I'd like to share what I have, but I think I'll wait till i get some space at the free webhost site stickied above - in the meantime tho I think Shawn and Graham wouldn't mind me using a bit of bandwidth to post one of my fave Mikimoto Minmay recreations...

Welcome back Jvalk, make sure you PM yellowlightman. Cool fellow. :)

Hey, SkullLeaderVF-X, I was talking about the other ones with that sexy bitch Millia, not Ishtar. <_<

Uhhhhhh....I know. which is why I said "Well it's not Millia, but heres her duaghter".

I haven't done a Millia pic yet. But I probly will soon though.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

As Isamu said to Guld in the english dubbed Macross Plus, "I can't wait, Guld." I'll be waiting for more Millia fanart. B) But some notes on the other fanart, keep up the good work people. Too bad all the artistic talent was used up in my sister. :angry: Were I good at drawing, I'd have made some bitchin' Millia fanart. :D

WTF?! Gundam sucks?! Baka....I think not.....both shows are equally good (well, depends on which series...). So keep your fanboy wierdness away. Oh, and BTW, Millia is great...but you don't need to call her a sexy bitch....she kows it. :D

Valkyrie

Very nice! Welcome Back. :)

Here's one of my fanmade characters from my fanfiction story "Macross Flashpoint", starring Kim Kabirov as captain of a Macross-class SDF in the year 2051 and face off to save humanity one last time.

Below is Rezvilas Valnotulz, a Q-Rau ace who later got promoted to War Archivist in the Meltran fleet she was in. That fleet would later be exposed to human culture, who would accept its values and join with the UN Spacy. Some of them had also be micronized and be a part of human society.

This is Rezvilas in her movie-style flight suit, who is best known as "the Blackbird". (And yes, the picture spells her name wrong).

post-5-1064069108_thumb.jpg

And here's is a lineart version of Rezvilas in a UN Spacy uniform, who is assigned to Kim's ship as First Officer.

post-5-1064069183_thumb.jpg

As for my fanfiction story, it's still work in progress. In addition on writing the story, I'm also hard at work in redoing all of my character designs.

I'll see what I can do and wish me luck in my fanart/fanfiction project. B)

As for my fanfiction story, it's still work in progress. In addition on writing the story, I'm also hard at work in redoing all of my character designs.

I'll see what I can do and wish me luck in my fanart/fanfiction project. B)

the fanfiction story sounds interesting... let us know if you finish