What's the most you've OVERpaid for a toy??

RicePiece

i have yet to see a seller on ebay describe anything as "so-so" EVER! its always with the MINT, RARE, VHTF, excellent condition. how can that be?, unless you never played with it? its always the same lines of BS from everyone. there are VERY few truthful/honest sellers on ebay. me, if it isn't mint in sealed box, i just stay away from it, especially foreign sellers....defintiely too many rats in hong kong and singapore for sure.

I totally agree, but the seller's job is to sell. It sucks though, but... buyer beware.

Most I overpaid was $95 for an original Bandai VF-19S back in '98 or so. Maybe thats what they were going for, but after I got it... I sure felt like I overpaid. :lol:

Hmmm....so many answers to this question.

$80 for the Volume 1 MPC

$190ish for a shipped Robotech SDF-1 off of ebay when that was the going rate for them. The kicker is that I just noticed the other day that one of the shoulders isn't attached properly.

Oh yeah, plus I bought an auction for an Orguss Orgroid, a yellowed stickered Bandai Strike Valkyrie, and some other stuff last year for $450. It made me feel better when the Strikes weren't reissued but it still seems like a lot of money.

Um heh this person didn't actually win that auction. See: Reserve Not Met.

I'm not sure what's the most I've overpaid. The prices on Bandai VF-1J Hikaru TV version have fluctuated a lot. I think I got those for $70 each. I forgot. But the first valk I bought was the Hikaru VF-1A DYRL Yamato for I believe $70 as well. I just picked one up on ebay for $30.49 shipped last week! It is in my closet right now. The first one I got, I let it sit on top of my PC for 3 weeks before deciding to go to Graham's pictures to apply all the decals (great pictures, way better than those stupid Japanese instructions which I don't believe give you hardly any clue even if you can read that language)

Hmm I'm not sure what else. Right now, I want a bumblebee original transformers mint on card. I think a place nearby has it for $135. My mom bought me one when I was a kid for maybe $3.50 when King Norman's was closing. I remember they used to sell small transformers everywhere I went, even at small hobby stores. Macross stuff was probably at a few small toy stores, maybe even King Norman's (I think they sold a bunch of Takatoku stuff there)

Edited by amptor

I paid $185 for my 1/48 DYRL Hikaru "A" Valk. What a stupid mess............. I won't even add the extra canopy I had to buy for the stupid thing being broken.

Edited by Skull-1

paid $150 for my low-viz at otakon.after i saw it,i couldn't resist.i know i could have waited & got it alot cheaper,but who could wait after holding it weeks before anybody else even gets theirs :rolleyes: