Kill Bill vol 2 on DVD

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/518/518393p1.html

The Bride will return to finish the job on August 10 when Miramax Home Entertainment releases Kill Bill Volume 2 on DVD for $29.99. The film picks up right where the first left off, with The Bride (Uma Thurman) looking to finish off the last two her "death list"- Budd (Michael Madsen) and Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah). And then there's Bill (David Carradine).

The DVD will come in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio. Extras on the DVD include:

The Making Of Kill Bill Volume 2 - A behind the scenes program featuring writer/director Quentin Tarantino, the filmmakers and cast. With interviews, comments and on-set visits.

Kill Bill Volume 2 Premiere - The premiere party for the film includes a Chin Gon performance.

One deleted scene.

Of course, this is not likely to be the last word on the film, as a Miramax executive has gloated over how many double dips they think they can get away with on this film. So stay tuned.

-- IGN DVD

and here's what Mirimax gloated about...f'n tools <_<

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/507/507915p1.html

April 21, 2004 - As if their mishandling of Hong Kong films isn't enough, now Miramax is openly bragging about multiple dips on titles. In a lengthy story in the Tuesday edition of the New York Times, titled Studios Cash in on DVD Boom, a Miramax executive seemed to gloat over multiple dips on Kill Bill.

While the story doesn't cover a whole lot that's new to DVD collectors, there is one comment from Miramax's chief operating officer that's both galling and insulting. He reports that Miramax is planning to release no less than a half-dozen different DVDs for Kill Bill.

"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands in the Times. "Volume 1 goes out, Volume 2 goes out, then Volume 1 Special Edition, Volume 2 Special Edition, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple."

No, it's called screwing your audience. New Line and Peter Jackson got away with the LotR double dips because a) they gave us the basic edition with enough material to keep some people happy, b) the extended edition gave us new footage, new soundtracks and tons of extras, and most important, c) they told us ahead of time these were coming.

Sands, on the other hand, is shamelessly and openly gloating at how much money he can get out of the fan base. But at least fans aren't biting on that apple. Two-third polled here on IGN DVD said they would wait for the special edition.

DVD has created a culture of film collection that was unseen in the VHS world. Sure, some people built libraries, but the tapes are big and bulky and degrade. DVD has none of those drawbacks. So a new culture has sprung up, reflected in people even keeping track of their DVD collections on DVD Afficionado and Guzzlefish (IGN will eventually have this feature, too).

To openly gloat about how many times you can squeeze the fan base for a disc is a disgrace. As it is, studios have a hard enough time doing a disc properly (Manhunter, anyone?). It should go without saying that willful double dipping should not be tolerated.

Sadly, while the story spent a lot of time discussing what a hit Office Space was on DVD, they made no mention on whether a special edition of that was in the works, and that's one of the most requested titles among IGN DVD readers.

-- Andy Patrizio

So basically they are telling us to wait as they re-release and re-release not buy anything for about another year until everything has been released and then choose what we want from what is out? Retards. That reeks of Terminator 2 syndrome.

You cannot fault them for trying to make money but they are pretty much saying they are going to go King George on this franchise and try to milk the fans for all they are worth in a short timeframe.

Y'know... basically the moron quoted (really paraphrased) in the article is probably not allowed to talk to press anymore. I can totally see Miramax's projecting earnings meeting discussing how to milk a product most effectively in a boardroom... but to openly trumpet it during an interview? Brilliant.

Again, I have no problem whatsoever if a company releases a "movie-only" version, then later comes back with a "special edition" - but only if they do it correctly.

New Line DVD has set a great example with LotR. Let the fans know a better edition is coming down the road and pack that disc with tons of stuff people actually want to see... no more HBO First Look crap.

Attitudes and actions like this will erode consumer trust faster than battery acid.

All I really care about is the movie itself, I never mess with the extras discs on any of my special editions. Now, if the Special Edition Part 1 has the full color Crazy 88 fight scene that may indeed be worth picking up, and would clearly explain why it wasn't on the initial release.

Bastards. Miramax sucks. That is truly underhanded. There's a difference between securing a good profit, and between cheating your consumer. This is over the line.

What happens to all the good Kung Fu movies is bad enough.

With, LotR, they were upfront about the two releases, and you knew what you were getting. You can get the theatrical version, or a significantly beefed up edition. As a result, I waited and bought the special editions there. As I will do with Return of the King.

I am undecided what I will do with Kill Bill, though most likely I will wait for the Special Editions and hope the color fight is there. If so, I'll get both of those and give my old Vol. 1 to my Dad. If not, I'll get the regular Vol. 2 to go with my existing Vol. 1 and go with that.

I care about no other extras they could throw at me. Behind the scenes, cutting room floor, interviews, don't really care.

The question of the full color Crazy 88 fight will be the determining factor.

Should be grateful the dumbass gave the audience a warning though, and we can save some money.

Edited by Anubis

It's funny, 'cause Kill Bill itself was an exercise in "double dipping." :lol:

True... but I'd rather get all 4 hours of the movies seperately than have ended up with some crappy 3 hour cut of both put together. Harvey Scissorhands Weinstein would've ruined it if they'd gone that route.

Good thing I never planned on buying either of these POS movies anyway. To me they were mildly entertaining at best, but Tarantino's whole retro 70's bullshit style really grates on my nerves after a while. Hey Quentin, the 70's were schlock, they sucked, everyone wore tacky clothes, and cars didn't even have AC yet, to top it all off, DISCO!.

I hate this crap... This is why I don't buy DVDs anymore.

Do what I do, copy!

But I won't be copying this one... it's not worth the DVD-R.

Netflix + copy... The way to go.

the 70's were schlock, they sucked, everyone wore tacky clothes, and cars didn't even have AC yet, to top it all off, DISCO!.

Hey, my 1970 1/2 Z28 came with dealer AC thank you very much! :p

... but the clothes were ass. You got me there.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Good thing I never planned on buying either of these POS movies anyway. To me they were mildly entertaining at best, but Tarantino's whole retro 70's bullshit style really grates on my nerves after a while. Hey Quentin, the 70's were schlock, they sucked, everyone wore tacky clothes, and cars didn't even have AC yet, to top it all off, DISCO!.

The 70's were awesome. The clothes were lame, but Disco is sweet! It was the golden age of pimping and the birth of extreem materialism.

Dude... the 70's also gave us awesome stuff like huge sideburns, exposed chest hair, Burt Reynolds... okay, alot of hairy men.

But also there were other cool things like truck driving glorification, blaxploitation films, people mixing brown and orange together indescriminately, faux wood grain wall panelling everywhere, farrah fawcett, stryrofoam, beer in pull tab cans, the original gas crisis, white guys with afros, and bruce lee.

I can accept someone not liking Kill Bill... but let's not condemn the whole of the funky 1970's.

"multiple bites at the apple." They can take multiple bites at my apple. If they're going to have that attitude and gloat about it then I'll be happy to go right ahead and buy a HK bootleg of the two DVD set when it comes out.

Why even buy HK bootleg when you can borrow a legit copy and burn yourself one for the cost of a DVD-R?

I am usually against such activities but when Miramax openly rapes their customers like this, they get no sympathy from me. Heck, I didn't buy vol 1 on DVD because I knew this was gonna happen. The theatrical release in 2 parts was bad enough already, and now this. I thought people were only kidding when Taratino was quoted regarding how there will be multiple versions of DVD releases when part 1 came out last year.

Betcha 5 years down the road we'll get yet another "fresh cut" containing "previously unreleased" super duper footage.

So basically they are telling us to wait as they re-release and re-release not buy anything for about another year until everything has been released and then choose what we want from what is out? Retards. That reeks of Terminator 2 syndrome.

And they wonder why we download SVCD's and DVD's. I thought the movies were great, so I'm definitely going to buy the final set. As for the rest, well lets just say that I'm just grateful for broadband.

As for Miramax, well they're a business, and they're making a good business decision here. After all, all the Joe-schmoe's of the country are guaranteed to gobble all these releases. Even if they are gloating, at least Miramax is letting everyone in on their plans.

The 70's were awesome.  The clothes were lame, but Disco is sweet!  It was the golden age of pimping and the birth of extreem materialism.

Disco was sweet?!?!?

Sorry dude, but I just couldn't resist. :p

aone70s.jpg

Yes disco is great. Never been a better kind of music to dance to. And Saturday Night Feever is one kick ass movie.

• 1 month later...

kb #2 is on pre-order in japan.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 (regular edition)

English soundtracks - DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Japanese soundtrack - Dolby Digital 5.1ch, first pressing comes with reversible character jacket (there are four types - Bill, Bud, Elle and Pai Mei).

Price 3,990 yen (including tax)

Kill Bill Vol. 2 Premium Box (first pressing limited edition of 30,000 sets)

English soundtracks - DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Japanese soundtrack - Dolby Digital 5.1ch, comes with "Hissatsu! Kung Fu" T-shirt (M size), Be@rbrick figure (Love Bride version) in a coffin case, Pai Mei keyring, 10 memorial cards, 24 page full colour booket.

Price 7,980 yen (including tax)

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 Twinpack (first pressing limited edition item)

As the name suggests, contains Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2

English soundtracks - DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Japanese soundtrack - Dolby Digital 5.1ch, comes with special outer case.

Price 6,279 yen (including tax)

no idea about deleted scenes, etc.

The 70s sucked. Things really picked up in the 80s. In addition to me making my debut, there's just something irresistable about blatant greed. Plus, Macross/Transformers/He-Man... and a number of what are quite possibly the most awesome children's shows. This, coupled with the TV shows in the 80s DVD thread AND some of the best toys manufactured ever.... you've got a kick ass decade.

Oh.. and I just don't groove w/ Kill Bill. I guess I just don't "get" it... but that's fine with me. :)

thats why I dont buy the US releases. Im gonna buy the japanese version. I dont understand why people didnt liek the second version. Ehh all you have shallow tastes. j/k. the second aprt was deeper and more meaningful. anyway

there will be a special edition Japanese premium box set. It comes with a kung fu shirt, Bride version Bear brick and pai mei keychain. plus color booklet and other stuff.

there will be a special edition Japanese premium box set. It comes with a kung fu shirt, Bride version Bear brick and pai mei keychain. plus color booklet and other stuff.

yes as posted above...

edit - while at hmv i was browsing their webpage..the star trek galaxy box set looks hella cool. i want it :(

greatly surprised star wars isn't coming in a japanese exclusive. you just know that would be a hot seller if it were more special then the US version.

Edited by MrDisco