Valk size comparison...

John Busacha

I think most of us already have this great picture, thanks to NIG. ;)

Oops, guess I should wait and check ALL posts next time... :rolleyes: Sorry, guys...

:o get that image out of your sig.

I like it BTW.

I'm just a really anal nit-picker when it comes to aircraft details. (I have a heck of a reputation on several airplane modelling forums) :)

Thunderbirds: used to have F-16A's, now have F-16C Block 42's. Quite recent, with an upgraded (but looks the same) PW engine. Latest PW's are as powerful as the early GE's. But newer GE's are still better (and better looking).

F-15C: more of an "operational" thing than anything, but F-15C's will have an antenna protrusion on the end of the right rear fuselage boom. A's have none, E's have one on each boom. (The boom is that little segment just outside of the v.stabs which projects aft and to which the h.stabs attach to--you'll note the A has very pointy tips to them. On the C, the right one will have either a round or square tip, E's will have a round tip on the left and a square one on the right boom) (F-15's my fave plane, so I can rattle this stuff off easy--especially since I've built several F-15 models)

Also, all F-15's will have the arrestor hook doors removed by now, and MANY C's have had the fairing itself removed. (there should be nothing projecting rearwards between the engines nowadays, the fuselage stops where the exhausts start). F-15E's were built without the fairing.

I have to get out an F-15 book for that level of info ::checks::

MFD goes along with AMRAAM (MSIP II) so yes, all US ones have apparently. (A lot of F-15A's, too, it's nigh-impossible to tell an upgraded A from an upgraded C, it's easier to tell them apart when "as built") FAST packs are about your only clue there. But since C's rarely carry them, you've got to be REALLY close to look for the attachment points when they're not equipped.

Japan--yup. Basically an F-15C minus the left stab and right boom antennas.

Saudi Arabia--same as Japan. (Though there were some "hasty" deliveries from old USAF planes which do have the enlarged left stab antenna, but it's empty)

Whee, haven't been here in a while. New forums I see. :blink:

Any chance of a VB-6 on this? I know there's nothing in the Design Works that fits as a profile view, sadly, but you guys seem to be pretty resourceful. (Lots of official stuff I haven't seen before!)

• 5 weeks later...
hellohikaru, where did you get that Legioss/Alpha?

And more importantly, do you have more views and/or bigger versions?

Phyrox

I made it myself  based on several pictures and the tiny profile at Morgenstein's mospeada site.

I have an updated version coming. I planned the top view but haven't done anything about it yet as i am quite busy.

Sorry for hijacking this; but since I have a multi-view drawing of the alpha that some may be interested in, I thought I'd post it here (this drawing is derived form a poor 3 view picture I got off the internet that someone scanned from an old Robotech magazine or the REF Field Guide Book). I don't know if it's entirely accurate, but it's as close as I was able to get given what I had to work with:

Edited by mechaninac

Thank You for that Alpha Shot! Man I have been looking around for some good detail of one of these in a line drawing so I could model it out. Once again thanks a bunch!

Just need to find the Beta Fighter now ;)

You are most welcome. :) As for the Tread/Beta...good luck :( ; I've never been able to find anything even close to usable anywhere.

Thanks for the compliment.

-It is actually a 1970 Trans Am (1st year for the 2nd gen)

- I actually don't like the '74-'76 TAs that much. The least attractive of the car's 30-odd year history. After the '74 SD455 there really wasn't much power for the old TAs...

- Nope, not for sale I'm afraid.

- If you ever get a one again, go for one of the '70-'73...among the best looking american cars ever ;)

Edited by Phyrox

• 2 months later...

Just now finding this thread. Mechaninac that has got to be one of the nicest pieces of Legioss/Alpha line art that I've seen. May I ask who Sergio da Costa is?

AncientAngel I love your desire to model the Tread/Beta. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help just let me know. I probably have as much Tread line art as anyone. Just be patient with me as I currently don't have a scanner or a job. Here is a picture I took of some of the line art that came with my MonoCraft Tread & Legioss resin kit.

Carl

post-5-1075155626_thumb.jpg

Mechaninac that has got to be one of the nicest pieces of Legioss/Alpha line art that I've seen.  May I ask who Sergio da Costa is?

I need to read ALL the posts before I ask stupid questions like the above. I just read the post above the one with the picture and I see YOU'RE Sergio de Costa Mechaninac. I must say I'm very impressed. Here is another Tread/Beta line art picture. Please feel free to work your magic on these and make a Tread/Beta multi-view drawing to go with your Legioss/Alpha one. I have more where these came from if they'd help. Feel free to PM me.

Carl

post-5-1075156551_thumb.jpg

Edited by wwwmwww