Anybody Following Gundam Seed?

Mechamaniac

Also, I cannot stand that team of souless coordinators the earth govt is using, their Gundams are crapola, especially the one that looks like a zoid with a Gundam's face on it, and how many freaking times are they going to use that scene where the one guy cranes his neck out at that impossible angle?, they seem to like it, as they have used it at least twice per episode for the last three episodes.

I still think thess guys are artificially souped up from that drug (performance enhancer or some kind of anti-rejection agent?), and any other treatments they are given. Kind of like a poor man's artificial newtype. In this case artificial coordinator. Would help to explain their instability. Also note that one is classified as a Stage 4, one as 3, and one as stage 2. This would leave Kuruze to be Stage 1, hence all the pills he has to pop.

Although Kira and Athrun did comment that these guys were like neither coordinators or naturals. Hmmm. Maybe I'm reaching a little far. We'll see.

I am waiting for those 3 to be stepped on as well, by the way. Especially the guy in Forbidden and his bug eyes.

Yeah, I meant to say that, they are kind of like artificial coordinators, but to do it, they had to wipe all their memories etc, that's why the ultra homo Azrael keeps referring to them as Unit X's CPU etc.

And the reason why Klueze is popping all those pills was explained in like episode 45 or 46, it's because he is a clone job of fmfmfmflaga's father gone bad. They mentioned something about advanced aging as a result, so I think he pops the pills to keep from aging too fast. Notice that the trio pilots seem to get their drugs via injection as well.

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. -Smacks forehead- But:

It could still be some kind of medicinal cocktail. He still has to have something though because he is not actually a coordinator, yet he is an ace among them. I'm afraid that this may be something that may not be delved into completely until the second series, as to how the hell they made the trio. Also, who is the Stage 1? My money is still on Kuruze. Also, he spasms kind of like the trio when the drugs start wear off.

WOW ep 49 was like none before it. Fot those whop wanted A Z ending well we're getting it.

MASS SPOILERS

HEY STOP READING IF YOU DONT WANT IT TO BE RUINED

HEY STOP YOU FOOL

Quite abit happens here

1.Apparetnly Cagari is a coordiantor and goes SEED mode along with Kira asuran AND lux!

2. GENESIS is fired again but on the mnoon base killing EVERYONE there much like in the way that alsaka weapon did.

3. Druggie shiled gundam (killed by Isaac) and dual gun gundam (Killed by asuran) die.

4. Azreal snaps and forces the dominion to take on the AA. During this Whats her face (Blacjk haired captain) tries to stop the attack but azreal shots her. THe rest of the bridge crew evacuate and only those two are left. Azreal fires on the AA but Mwu gets in the way and dies to save AA. AA then destroys the bridge of dominion killing Azreal and whats her face. This leaving AA very damaged. But everyone gets away including frey :angry:

5. Before Mwu dies we see him fight Krueze and get beat down. Krueze can use crazy funnel/bits (Whatever they are called in this) and beats Krueze down. But he gets away and tries to return to AA to get repairs but said above happens.

6. 2 Astray wannabe srike members die (sorta important.)

7. Diakka and Isaac are buddies again.

Edited by bob joe mac

Well Azrael's dead now, so I wonder who gets the honors of whacking Patrick...

Does Colonel Sutherland ever show up again? Being the former Alaska Base commander I'd assume he's pretty high up in the EA hierarchy. Perhapes he ends up being Bloodman's stand in in SEED 2 if it goes in X's direction...

Edited by Druna Skass

They had to kill him. :(:angry: I wanted Mwu to live, dammit. At least he goes out well. Guess they had to kill someone to make it a dramatic ending. Shame the 3 Astray girls didn't get more screen time. Gave them just enough screen time to go awww when they died.

On the plus side 2 of the 3 stooges get whacked. :D

Seed mode will likely be one of the topics for Series 2. Along with the other dangling plot threads that will be left hanging.

Not much of a spoiler...... Seed 49....

Did anyone see how those bursted into blood "bubbles" when the beam hit them? I am surprised to see the moon wasn't destroyed with weapon with that much destructive power.

One thing always bugs me........their hair don't float when they are floating in mid air due to the lack of gravity. I want to know what kind of hairspray or mousse they are using! :)

Also, why don't they transfer the story of the Gundam Sentinel onto the small screen!?

Edited by MacrossX

Does Colonel Sutherland ever show up again? Being the former Alaska Base commander I'd assume he's pretty high up in the EA hierarchy. Perhapes he ends up being Bloodman's stand in in SEED 2 if it goes in X's direction...

UNSURE SPOILER

Actually I think he gets wasted by Isaac while commanding some cruiser but I dunno i'll have to recheck.

SEED mode is something that was not explained at all. It is probably have nothing to do with being a Coordinator or not.

Jeez, but that cheapens the coolness factor in SEED mode. <_<

But everyone gets away including frey :angry:

Don't worry. Frey will get what's coming to her in the finale.

Well Azrael's dead now,

May he Rest In Pain. He got what he deserves in the end, especially in killing Natalie.

Still, he still doesn't outclass Basque Om (of Gundam 0083). Om is one walking genocidal meglomaniac.

so I wonder who gets the honors of whacking Patrick...

I bet Asuran might. He'll probably charge right into the ZAFT command center and kill everyone to stop GENESIS from firing, even if means Asuran has to kill his dad.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Here's a site with screencaps of episode 49. If you don't want to get spoiled, don't look at the pictures.

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

(scroll to the bottom)

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

UNSURE SPOILER

Actually I think he gets wasted by Isaac while commanding some cruiser but I dunno i'll have to recheck.

I'm pretty sure that was Sutherland's cruiser that Issac applied his rifle grenade to. Either way, I think the New Gundam Team :p wiped out all of the Peacemaker crusiers.

I suppose we'll have to wait until the next series to see what the damn space whale fossil is all about.

about SEED mode didn't (ahh crap forgot his name) WAY back in the desert saga with the yogort sauch and now hes one of the good guys commanders. (Man I suck with names). Didn't he say something about kira being able to go "SEED" have to do with being a coordiantor?

P.S.- I suck with names SO much recently I was telling my friend about SEED 49 and I forgot Asurans name :p

about SEED mode didn't (ahh crap forgot his name) WAY back in the desert saga with the yogort sauch and now hes one of the good guys commanders. (Man I suck with names). Didn't he say something about kira being able to go "SEED" have to do with being a coordiantor?

P.S.- I suck with names SO much recently I was telling my friend about SEED 49 and I forgot Asurans name :p

Mr. Yogurt Sauce is Captain Andy Waldfeld. :D

Mr. Yogurt Sauce is Captain Andy Waldfeld. :D

Or as some translations interpret is as Andrew Bartfield.

What the writers at Sunrise has done is that more than half of the character names are non-Japanese and couldn't stick to a "proper" spelling for them. Only Kira Yamato is unaffected from multiple spelling interpretations.

Whoever's in charge with the English translations better fix this problem when it is released.

In the desert arc, Barfelt called Kira a Berserker, and explained its definition to him. The only one so far the has mentioned anything about Kira or anyone posessing a "seed" is Markio, the blind guy. Of course, he hasn't elaborated any. Yet.

There are several plot threads that should see some screen time in Seed 2.

If anything I would guess he mght have been one of Sigel's advisors when Sigel was chairman. I don't think they specified, but it's a logical guess IMO.

Or maybe Lacus's caretaker as a child?

I'm curious myself.

Edited by Anubis

Just finished watching 49 during lunch. It was definately Sutherland's ship that Yzak destroyed, after he beat the crap out of Forbidden. You don't get to see dual beam sabers used that often. Was kind of nice.

Azrael so needed to die. Even though I never liked Natarle, he didn't need to shoot her 4 times. He was a poor shot even not to kill her after that, though the last two were to try to get her to unlock the door. Fllay at least tried to do something descent, trying to warn off archangel.

Two points I liked were the dendrobium style beam sabers the meteors used, and I thought Providence's funnels would be on cables like the Mobuis Zero's, but sure enough they are straight up remote control funnels that move and sound just like UC's. Still no explanation on how they are controlled either. Just the blurb in 48 about "You understand the theory, right?"

The episode was pretty much straight space combat, very packed. The finale will be one of those ones you feel tired after watching, I would guess. It will take the whole episode just to finish this up. We might get some Kuruze info, but that's about it for this series. I would say he escapes, but maybe Kira or Asuran will finish him off.

Man, did Mwu go out. Sucks that he died, but he took the big Lorengreen shot. Like Druna Skass said, I wonder if Ramius will be pregnant in the second series. Would be plausible, and would kind of fit the tone things have gone. I wonder what kind of time gap there will be between the series, if any.

One more episode and then we can have a break.

Side note:

One thing I kind of missed in this series was the other colonies. True there was really no space to include them in, but still. Heliopolis was an Orb colony, and if I remember right, in the beginning they implied there were other colonies out there. There have to be others, if there is a big abondoned cluster that Achangel and co. hid inside, and had been caught in the crossfire of the war, and was supposedly used for various purposes by other shady folk. PLANT was it's own entity, and was the one Earth was at war with. Could there be other colony clusters that just stayed out of this fight? May be interesting to see some of those next time around, if indeed there were others.

One thing I kind of missed in this series was the other colonies. True there was really no space to include them in, but still. Heliopolis was an Orb colony, and if I remember right, in the beginning they implied there were other colonies out there. There have to be others, if there is a big abondoned cluster that Achangel and co. hid inside, and had been caught in the crossfire of the war, and was supposedly used for various purposes by other shady folk. PLANT was it's own entity, and was the one Earth was at war with. Could there be other colony clusters that just stayed out of this fight? May be interesting to see some of those next time around, if indeed there were others.

Speaking of Orb and Heliopolis, what ever happend to Orbs's citizens after the Alliance over ran them? Did they evacuate to a space colony, are they under some Nazi-esque Alliance occupation?

Speaking of Orb and Heliopolis, what ever happend to Orbs's citizens after the Alliance over ran them? Did they evacuate to a space colony, are they under some Nazi-esque Alliance occupation?

This also goes in with there had to be more colonies. Who else would have picked the people from Heliopolis up? As for Orb the country, they were most likely occupied by the Alliance, but since the spaceport was destroyed, there was no further use for Orb really, so maybe they left them alone after that. Another loose thread to be explored. We don't know to what extent the population was evacutated, and we don't know where they went.

OK, I have a dumb question. What's the 'seed' in Gundam SEED mean?

As for that, it refers either to the Seed mode, or whatever the purpose behind it is. Hopefully we'll get sufficient answers in series 2.

Edit: Yes it is an acronym, just remembered. They only showed it once or twice, but it was there. Again, they didn't elaborate it, but it was something that was being studied. I have to look for it again. I think it was when Kira and co. were in Orb, and the scientist lady was gathering her information. One of the "recap" episodes. I'll look tonight. So it was her first, and then later Markio made a comment about it.

Edited by Anubis

Azrael so needed to die.

May he Rest In Pain within the depths of hell. :D

Even though I never liked Natarle, he didn't need to shoot her 4 times.  He was a poor shot even not to kill her after that, though the last two were to try to get her to unlock the door.

If I were there in the battle, I would have summed it up to him as, "You've managed kill just about everyone else. But like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target."

A bad combination of insanity, ambition and rage has pretty much affected his aim and loss of rationism. You can see he immediately changed his objective from destroying GENESIS to disintegrating PLANT in this episode. He is catagorized both as a fascist villain and the run-of-the-mill cartoon villain. All he needed is a top hat, cape and twirling his moustace.

There's no way to rationize a madman like him. His fate is sealed as his actions lead into his own destruction and paid for his crimes under the penalty of death. (thumbs up for his death)

Fllay at least tried to do something descent, trying to warn off Archangel.

As much as she turned into a b*yotch in the series, Frey now relized that she results of her actions didn't show what she wanted. She'll now feel a combination of guilt, self-pity and hating for what she got out of her actions.

The question now is whether she'll redeem herself from this or die an empty death.

We might get some Kuruze info, but that's about it for this series.  I would say he escapes, but maybe Kira or Asuran will finish him off.

Krueze better dies in the finale. This is one of those Char clones that should be better off dead.

Man, did Mwu go out.  Sucks that he died, but he took the big Lorengreen shot.

As he said, "I made the impossible possible."

He turned out to a great warrior to save the crew of the Archangel. The best part was that he didn't die for nothing.

One thing I kind of missed in this series was the other colonies.  True there was really no space to include them in, but still.  Heliopolis was an Orb colony, and if I remember right, in the beginning they implied there were other colonies out there.  There have to be others, if there is a big abondoned cluster that Achangel and co. hid inside, and had been caught in the crossfire of the war, and was supposedly used for various purposes by other shady folk.  PLANT was it's own entity, and was the one Earth was at war with.  Could there be other colony clusters that just stayed out of this fight?  May be interesting to see some of those next time around, if indeed there were others.

It's likely that these colonies are too small and independant to be involved in this war (like the World Wars) or that some of them have been abandoned as ghost stations due to the crossfire.

Another likelinhood is that these non-allied colonies would stay out of fighting by declaring neutrality, like a non-agression pact or a self-defense force to protect themselves without taking sides.

The Kingdom of Orb, however, has to break its neutrality to help the New Gundam forces and take a stand in stopping the EA/ZAFT war from self-destruction.

Even though I never liked Natarle, he didn't need to shoot her 4 times.  He was a poor shot even not to kill her after that, though the last two were to try to get her to unlock the door.

If I were there in the battle, I would have summed it up to him as, "You've managed kill just about everyone else. But like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target."

Ummm. he was "missing" on purpose, in short, he was torturing her, from beginning to end, how else would he have had time to spout all his Blue Cosmos rhetoric.

I kind of liked Natarle, though she had a huge stick up her @$$.

Natarle's only sin was being blinded by duty.

Sucks that she went out so hard, Azrael deserved that death, not her, but as William Munny so eloquently put it..."deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it".

I honestly didn't like Mwu's final words that much, seemed kind of anti-climatic. Course I knew that he would say something cheery when he would fall, and sure enough he did.

Yzaak's dual saber action was amazing, I literally screamed out "YES!!!" when he came out from behind the explosion with both beam sabers, I love it when they do some sweet move like that.

I liked Croto confronted Kira and Asuran verbally, but where did he go afterwards?

And it looks like Kira and Asuran aren't going with the no-killing rule anymore now that they've taken out Calamity and those cruisers.

Ummm. he was "missing" on purpose, in short, he was torturing her, from beginning to end, how else would he have had time to spout all his Blue Cosmos rhetoric.

I kind of liked Natarle, though she had a huge stick up her @$$.

Natarle's only sin was being blinded by duty.

Sucks that she went out so hard, Azrael deserved that death, not her, but as William Munny so eloquently put it..."deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it".

I like how she told him "You deserve to die here. With me." It's a shame he did that to her, but at least she redeemed herself from being such a hardass towards everyone. My opinion of her has raised some thanks to how she handled herself today.

From the preview of the next episode at the end of ep 49, we can see that Kira will not survive the war :(

On that note, I wonder if Kira goes out in a similar fasion as Amuro did in Char's Counterattack...

Is this the only Gundam series where nobody has tried or even thought about dropping a colony or something big on Earth?

Here is what the SEED acronym spells out, from Episode 27:

S uperior

E volutionary

E lement

D estined-factor

Chief Shimonz, the scientist girl, was going to incluse something about it in her report, She mentioned the acronym, said it raised a stir at in institution when it was introduced, said "an accurate and concise investigation of Kira..." then deleted the item after changing her mind to bring it up at that time. So at least she knows something about it as well, though once again she doesn't share it yet.

I still smell coordinator-newtypes, but that's me just being hopeful.

Is this the only Gundam series where nobody has tried or even thought about dropping a colony or something big on Earth?

Shhh man, they'll hear you! ;)

(OFF TOPIC WARNING)

That honestly is one of the DUMBEST plots I have ever seen, Char's Counterattack, I love the flick, but man, it starts off with Char dropping an asteroid onto Nepal, and what do the Feddies do? = SELL HIM A BIGGER ONE!!

(BACK ON TOPIC)

From the preview of the next episode at the end of ep 49, we can see that Kira will not survive the war  :(

On that note, I wonder if Kira goes out in a similar fasion as Amuro did in Char's Counterattack...

They are aiming a giant Gamma-ray laser cannon at earth. Probably a little more destructive than a colony drop. :p

It would kind of suck to see Kira die at the end of this, but the preview does not look very hopeful. I don't dislike Asuran any more, but I still don't want him at the head of the next series.

Even if Kira self-destructs Freedom someone could give him a lift before it blows. I know I'm being optimistic. They've turned main characters into vegetables, but they don't kill them too often. Especially not the "main" main character. Supporting cast are fair game. We'll see very soon, I guess.

Char's Counterattack was an exception to the rule, as is allowed for a pull out the stops finale.

And I too, said "Yeeeah" when Yzak sliced up Forbidden. That guy annoyed me.

Edited by Anubis