Anybody got this

APU

Heard there is some QC issues on their first run and have a major recall, stuff like loose teeth and super tight hips. A second run suppose to be due around June. Maybe you want to wait until then before spending the $200+. Heard its a really cool toy though.

hi ,you beat me to starting a thread on this, i have one, the joints and teeth are perfect, I prefer tight joints on chogokins most i have seen are to loose this one is real nice. the only thing that is weak is the tail (if you get one be very carefull) it is a awesome peice I got mine from image anime it just came in on thursday. virtually the entire body is diecast metal, weighs very nicely, awesome paint job on it . even comes with linen style gloves for all of you who do not want to get finger prints on it. and a extra plain brown box that goes around the main box so you not get any wear on it. they definetly had collectors in mind with this one.

Edited by zeo-mare

here is another pic, i definetly recommend this chogokin this and the Dancouga are the 2 nicest ones I have seen , (though he Zambot 3 is looking pretty sweet)

yep that first link is the one I have it is very nice and quite poseable, i like the second one to, but the thing about resins is you have to paint them , and constantly transforming and taking it apart will only wear the paint down so I would not see my self touching it much. so i do not mind this one not transforming . A max factory version of that would be sweet a fully transformable Diecast Chogokin the size of this, would be awesome.

chris

oh by the way the hair does not light up :( it might look cool if it did though :p

Edited by zeo-mare

I like it!! But not kid safe though. The sharp edges look like they can poke a kid's eye out. Heck...gimme the gloves when I handle this baby. It looks like it can bite you back. :lol:

:lol: yea there are alot of sharp edges on it you should see the feet and the wings up close. it really is a nice peice, i hope max factory does more ,this is one of the nicest chogokins I have seen, and it is way superior to the Gaogaigars by Kotubukiya , (which were very loose might I add) . i can not wait for more.

the trippiest thing about this toy is it comes with a pair of white gloves to handle it! when I first saw that on ebay I was like :blink::blink::blink:

I'm still considering getting it as I like the design even tho I have no idea what it is(much like dancouga) and it's diecast and comes with an crack load of parts.

trust me you will love it , it is my favorite of all my chogokins, well worth the money. just be careful with the tail if you do, it is very weak at the main joint. yea the gloves are a nice touch, it also comes with a extra brown box to store the main box in so it will not get damaged.

chris

id say about 7 or 8 inches tall, looks nice, very heavy. when it is on the dipslay stand and has the wings attached it looks huge, kinda like the MG EX-S Gundam

Chris

The poseability on this is awesome. I don't watch the Gao Gai Gar anime....but I really wish I had this.

Gao Gai Gar? That rings a bell..

Gai and Mikoto figures from Gao Gai Gar

I like this one very much. B)) Not so much into robots myself.

I stumbled onto this figure because CMS65001 is Macross Figure Collection 1 and I just incremented the number to see what's next. :)

Zeo-Mare: Is this thing part of the Soul Of Chogokin series? If it is, why isn't it Bandai, not MaxFactory? Cuz I think I saw SOC logo on the box.

Zeo-Mare: Is this thing part of the Soul Of Chogokin series? If it is, why isn't it Bandai, not MaxFactory? Cuz I think I saw SOC logo on the box.

Nope, Max Factory made this and not Bandai, so not an an SOC....and it doesn't have the GX designation.

yea it is not a bandai chogokin, i only call it a chogokin because it is very similar, diecast metal, the way it is packaged ,very nice peice. there are also other chogokins besides bandai, the other gaogaigars are made by Kotbukiya, those are pretty nice to,

Edited by zeo-mare