Macross Paper Model Kits

Valk009

I am away on business and have not much to do, so been doing some web surfing and found a site where you can download all sorts of paper models for free :)

Check this site out www.3dpapermodel.com.tw! There is a VF-1S, a Super, a Gerwalk and god know what still, pretty nifty and all for free as far as I can tell :p

heres the link direct link for the Super Valk

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/tori/cutout/vf1/super/index.htm

But I think you need to build the non fast pack valk first so heres the other direct link for that

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/tori/cutout/vf1/index.htm

enjoy :) from Rich

img2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
BTW, now that I have a little bit of free time, I'd like to tackle this monster. What paper weight do you guys recommend using?

I used 90lb card stock. That worked fine for a monster scaled to fit on 8.5 x 11 inch sheets. Some large areas had to be reinforced by laminating another sheet underneath, but it worked out well. If you plan on making it larger, I'd go with heavier paper. The 8.5 x 11 scale is vaguely HO scale (measuring by height). I'd also suggest using an inkjet printer vs. a laser printer. I used the laser at work and the toner would flake off at the folds. I'm betting an ink print would fold better.

I don't remember the link. But I could email you the files all zipped up. PM me if you are interested.

BTW, now that I have a little bit of free time, I'd like to tackle this monster. What paper weight do you guys recommend using?

i'm interested...i'm going to use it as a guide to build a Monster made of Styrene...

thanks,

d

i'm interested...i'm going to use it as a guide to build a Monster made of Styrene...

I've heard of some other folks on this board wanting to try that. Has anyone actually done it, or even started on one? Just wondering what the experience was like and how things were turning out.

I started making one out of styrene, but I got sidetracked by other projects. It works pretty well. I use pretty thin styrene, though. I'll post some picks when I have something worthwile to show.

Edited by GreatMoose

I don't remember the link.  But I could email you the files all zipped up.  PM me if you are interested.

BTW, now that I have a little bit of free time, I'd like to tackle this monster.  What paper weight do you guys recommend using?

thanks,

d

Well, I just checked out the size of the zipped file. It's 6.6MB! I'm on 56K dial-up. Not good, it would probably take me 30-60minutes to send it! :(

aha!!! I found my copy from back then! If anybody has AIM, AIM me and I'll do a straight file send to you. I don't know any other way of sending it. It's 6.4MB zipped file. Let me know. :p:D

I started making one out of styrene, but I got sidetracked by other projects. It works pretty well. I use pretty thin styrene, though. I'll post some picks when I have something worthwile to show.

how thin was the sheet?? 0.02?? 0.03??

was it difficult??

thanks,

d

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I will take a look as it was a while back! I remember a Taiwanese site had many kits on offer for download and also some fellow members here on the forum have it.

The monster paper model and the VF-1 Super fighter is by far the best kits in my opinion B))

Andy :)

Thanks, Jagull, I'm taking a look now.

The Valks are really nice, and I'll be saving those for a later project. I'm hoping to find the Destroid, tho. I'm working on a special build project, and it'd be a perfect addition to it.

Edited by drougnor

• 1 month later...