I'm ready for a Regult now!

Armor

I do know about you guys but I would like to play round with my Valks. I love looking at them on my stands, but I want a little more. I need a Regult. I have a Q-rua but it's not the same as that big pod. I guess I'm get a itch to play with my toys. :o Let me feel my Forehead... Yeah I think I'm OK. Does anyone Know were I com'in from. Or do I need help. :unsure:

I kinda understand what you think..

i have been comtemplating getting a regult pod myself(a officer or normal one).

I think the only choices we have are the matchbox pods released quite sometime back.

Im not sure whats the scale of those things.

but think it will look quite decent beside a 1/60. maybe too small beside a 1/48

Any of you guys actually have them and display your yammies pr bandais

with the matchbox regults?

Im think it will look quite nice..

Yup, this has come up several times before. Basically, the Matchbox/Exosquad Tactical Battlepod (Regult) and Officer's Battlepod (Glaug) are somewhere between 1/55 and 1/60 scale, although the proportions are somewhat off relative to the lineart. (Whether the lineart is plausible given the fact that Zentradi are supposed to be 10 m tall is another issue.)

If you do a search, you may be able to find the longer discussions, plus some comparison photos.

Its true it looks bad beside a yammie. Cant really blame them since it was produced years ago. besides we do have much of a choice nw. I seriously don't see yamato coming up with these enemy figures within the next 1 year*I may be wrong). btw I tried to search for comparision pics or previous threads but failed to find any..

Those matchbos toys had better quality than a toynami at least. It was a real toy. I kinda liked them next to my 1/55s and the Invids looked great next to the Alphas... the engineereing was good for it's day. Now... that ugly veritech... that was one big mistake... :rolleyes:

Why woudn't Yamato do a Regult? I think someone said before, not a big demand? Well here's one thing that would get me to buying! DON"T CHARGE SO MUCH MONEY!!! Do all that Macross have to be $100 plus?! How about $50 for a 1\60 Regult. Is that too much to ask. That's all I got to say bout dat.

i've been itching to take an old matchbox, and reconfigure it a bit to make it look more dynamic and less rigid (by changing the straight leg orientation), and re-sculpt the head but keep all the cannons and antennae.

just need a pod.

hopefully yamato will come through before i tackle that custom though

harry

btw I tried to search for comparision pics or previous threads but failed to find any..

Okay, here are some useful threads:

Scale Photo Gallery

Scale of destroids and other toys

Does eye candy rot yer eyes?

1/48 Valks vs Matchbox Battlepods?

Hey

thanks for the link!

It seems that the pods are similar to the milla Qau which looks better displayed beside a 1/48 yammie than 1/60 despite it being closer to 1/60 or 1/55.

It does look quite bad beside a yammie.

haha

Why woudn't Yamato do a Regult? I think someone said before, not a big demand? Well here's one thing that would get me to buying! DON"T CHARGE SO MUCH MONEY!!! Do all that Macross have to be $100 plus?! How about $50 for a 1\60 Regult. Is that too much to ask.        That's all I got to say bout dat.

its not that yamato products actually cost that much, thats just how much everyones is selling them for.

simply put, the foreign market sets their prices based on what we americans are paying. basically overseas sellers and US sellers are all in cohoots(sp?) with one another and charge as much as they can for these. how is it that these valks retail for $80-$90 yet guys in HK are charging us $120? mind you, they also have wholesale accounts, so its not like their paying retail and re-selling them. better yet, they can find macross stuff on clearance for less than wholesale and they still charge $120 for a $40 valk. i mean, why charge less when they know they can make more? and why make enemies with US sellers? instead keep the prices high and everyone makes more money.

my point is that yamato prices are actually really reasonable, its the sellers who are gouging us. if we all stopped buying all macross products for the next year, retailers/etailers in the US and overseas will drop their prices to a reasonable amount, but until then, we will continue to pay inflated prices.

i can't wait to get flamed for this one but let me say, if i had an account with yamato, i would hook up everyone here at wholesale prices. no gouging, no inflated prices, no hidden fees of any kind. we'd all pay the same amount and we'd all be happy campers. B)) sorry if that sounds communist, but thats how i operate, i'm not out to make a buck off anyone here....we ain't having fun unless we're all getting some. :)

p.s. i have tripod display stands at the wholesale prices, if anyone interested in not paying $21 each, hit me up. B))

My point of view on the price issue:

1. Yes, Yamato prices are reasonable.

2. Retailers and e-tailers have to eat (if they sold an incredible amount of units they could charge less $ per unit). So there´s no way they are in this game for free.

3. Yamato is the only company which is making low demand products (insert here: König Monster, Q-Rau and hopefully other enemy mechs) for a niche market represented by our beloved universe called Macross. Which leads us to:

4. Only one company producing toys (no competition): Monopoly.

5. As a result from this monopoly there is no competition among rival companies to make the prices go down.

6. It´s not like Macross products cost like a piece of jewelry.

7. Do I have to say that Yamato products rock? :rolleyes:

So, possible actions against prices for the non satisfied customer:

1. Wait months until prices go down, if they ever go down. (I can´t wait, I suck, I buy things when they hit the streets :lol: ).

2. Start a boycott and don´t buy Macross products for a long period of time and see what hapens. Two things could happen: prices go down or there is no more Macross franchise. (Again, I suck, I can´t wait, I´d go against the monopoly and buy Macross products)

3. Start your own company and sell the products for cheap or better yet give them away for free.

4. Move to Hong Kong to get reduced prices.

Disclaimer 1: I´m not ridiculously rich, I live in a country (Argentina) where our currency works more or less like this: 3 pesos against U$S 1 (now do the math and see how much I end up paying for my beloved Macross products <_< )

Disclaimer2: this post is an ironic attempt at the "prices debate", and the purpose is to make people smile.

Disclaimer3: I´d like to thank haterist for the true spirit, and I do believe him when he says that if he had a Yamato account he´d hook us all up at wholesale prices. This is what makes our community special when compared to others.

Please Yamato MAKE the Regult, the Nousjadeul-Ger and other destroids, all at 1/60.

Well, the $120 price is due to the RRP Yen price set by Yamato. So they have a hand in these prices.

really? then how is it that they retail for $80-$90 in japan?

the guys with B&M shops in HK charge the true MSRP.

every consumer in HK pays on average $80-$90 retail per valk.

sellers with wholesale accounts pay on average of $40-$45 per valk wholesale

those who have to go through distributors pay on the average of $60-$70 per valk discounted.

that $120 price tag is considered the "norm" here(in US). we've all gotten so use to seeing it, we forget how cheap these toys really are. theres not a single seller out there thats buying these for $120 or even $80....they're all paying a lot less than we think, and charging us a whole lot more, plain and simple. no seller will ever admit this outright but i want them to know, that i know, they know i know. ;)