1/100 Red Frame Astray

:angry: I've been searching for an Astray unit since they first set of pictures came out. Sadly, HLJ is out of stock and they take too damn long to ship and get here...like almost 2 months. I can always get those 1/144 kits but they don't do justice...never have for me.

Ebay I looked, but everyone who has one is from HK and they ask for ALOT in shipping.

Gundamshop doesn't carry them at all either which pisses me off...so if anyone can help me find an ASTRAY 1/100 scale Red frame that'd help me out....I'd perfer it to be a US seller compared to someone else cause I'm just impatient....so any help would be great....

Image Anime in New York had some that is were I got mine, looks like they will be getting some restocks soon. they are also in the US

http://matrixcollectibles.site.yahoo.com/

awesome Model. a bitch to panel line. :p

Edited by zeo-mare

Ohhh! Does it really come with that cool sword?!?!

Vostok 7

Considering its part of the mecha's trademarks....of course it does.... :huh:

Whee....i'm gonna go get mine.

actually not quite, even with the gundam boom in the usa, in massachusetts i still have a hard time finding Gundam 1/100 models even a the 2 Toys R Us in the region and even at some of the malls, i do not know how long it wil take for these Gundam seed kits to hit the USA even with the release of the series. this figure (astray) appears later down the line in the cartoon, they may release it about 6 months from now. :( and it sounds like he is looking for one now :)

It's actually a real pain in the butt to find stuff in Oregon for Gundam stuff. The closest hobby store is 35 miles and they charge like 50 bucks for a MG Kit, and around 25 dollars for a 1/144 HG kit...and they don't have anything there that I really wanna buy...so I just stick to buying model paint.

The ToysRUs joint is rather small cause they don't make as much bussniess as they use too anymore. Last time I went in there was hmmmmm over a year ago buying my first deck of Yugioh cards with my friend. We did see some Gundam kits but they were like 1/144 G Gundam bull crap and figures...we said no.

I almost went to that toywave place and bought it, but like I said, those type of places could take over a month which is why I don't like shopping over seas....it took 2 months to get a b-day present my mom ordered from HLJ and it had some broken pieces. Sure I could of taken it back, but I ain't waitin 2 months to get a new one.

I'll check out that other joint here in a moment...I hope they wont be long on their restock, but if they are that means I got time to go get some new painting supplies to spruce it up real nice.

Are they planning on releasing the Blue Frame in 1/100? I'm waiting for that one.

Only a matter of time before they do.

Are they planning on releasing the Blue Frame in 1/100? I'm waiting for that one.

Only a matter of time before they do.

But it'll probably be the basic figure which doesn't look much different than the M1s. There were about 3 versions of the Blue frame i think with the final version that looks like its wearing a samurai gettup.

The Gold frame looks like an Astray mated with a Blitz Gundam. I like. :)

All 3 frames look the same, but each carry different armaments in the long run.

Like for instance, Red frame has close combat weapons like beam sabers and a katana sword, blue frame has bazooka's, missile launchers and such....don't know what the gold frame has, atleast not till the next volume of astray comes out in a few months!

I'm not sure which magazine it was, possibly Newtype, there was a feature called SEED ASTRAY VS SEED MSV. They showed in detail the Astray mobile suits and the MSVs.

Red Frame you all know about. The Blue frame has a bazooka and stuff, but he has some buffed up look in the 2nd form

mbf-p03-2.jpg

and kinda a Yojimbo kinda armour later on.

mbf-p03-fap.jpg

And the Gold Frame final form...AMATU. Bad ass bugger.

mbf-p01-amatu.jpg

Links:

MSV : http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/index.htm

Seed Astray: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/astray/index.htm

I was aware of the armament differences, Hikuro. All you have to do is look at them. I just wondered what made the gold frame special.

Gold Frame is was the damaged Astray prototype restored and upgraded by Orb with the remains of the Blitz Gundam and having it's abilities at it's disposal - mirage colloid, partial phase shift, and the shield/beam rifle/sabre/spear launcher weapon, plus more.

I'm not sure which magazine it was, possibly Newtype, there was a feature called SEED ASTRAY VS SEED MSV. They showed in detail the Astray mobile suits and the MSVs.

Red Frame you all know about. The Blue frame has a bazooka and stuff, but he has some buffed up look in the 2nd form

mbf-p03-2.jpg

mbf-p03-fap.jpg

mbf-p01-amatu.jpg

Links:

Please excuse me while I drool all over my keyboard. And then I demand that bandai screw over the first versions, and conceentrate on the second and final versions of the astray. AT LEAST MAKE IT A B-CLUB KIT MAN!

I think the book was released last year, and it was in limited quanities, I saw a few of them on Ebay and they were spendy spendy.

But that final Gold version was nice lookin, I'd hate to see Lowe fight that, him or Gai would probably have a tough time.....unless they did fight it? Oh well who knows...only 1 volume is out for the states.

I'm going to pick up the Astray kit I saw from Toywave...guess that'd be the best option since I don't know when that other store will have any more in stock and I'm not a patient man. G/f said air mail in HK is generally 1-2weeks.

Whoops nevermind, they only use paypal and I don't trust it.......darn....

Edited by Hikuro

The Gold Frame was only released as an exclusive 1/144 kit with Degenki's How to Build Gundam Seed book.

when was this book released?? where i can get this book?

thanks,

d

It was last year, book was never reprinted. Sold out in all local J bookstores real fast too. My friend has a copy, he's asked me to eBay it for him so I might put it up this week or later.

I just ordered my 1/100 Astray from that join in NY, the matrixcollectables...they JUST got a fresh supply of them in today so I got really lucky. But 6.50 for shipping? that better be priority mailing cause that's outragious. Gundamshop charges 4 bucks or lil more and you get your stuff in 3 days...

oops beat me to it, yes looks like image anime got some more if anyone wants one. also Aegis I used gun markers to panel line it, it was a bitch, i used the fine line for little details and the big black one for the main parts, i need some new gundam markers mine are wearing down might I add. awesome kit to I definetly recommend it. looks like thy are also getting in a few months a repaint of TF Hound in desert scheme look pretty cool. actually they may seem expensive for shipping but it does not take long, they only ship UPS. for me in MA they usually get here in about a day or 2. I have ordered from them alot and have never had a problem.

Edited by zeo-mare

mbf-p03-2.jpg

mbf-p03-fap.jpg

mbf-p01-amatu.jpg

Links:

Please excuse me while I drool all over my keyboard. And then I demand that bandai screw over the first versions, and conceentrate on the second and final versions of the astray. AT LEAST MAKE IT A B-CLUB KIT MAN!

Ditto on that. I want the Gold Frame Amatu and the Blue Frame 2nd. The Amatu would make Deathscythe have a run for its money. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...