Transformers

Prelude to Energon I think it said. It looks so F'IN beautiful though!!!! I want!

"ATARI TO BRING TRANSFORMERS ARMADA: PRELUDE TO ENERGON TO PLAYSTATION 2 The Ultimate Interactive TRANFORMERS Experience Is BEVERLY, Mass.--July 17, 2003--Atari today announced plans to bring Hasbro Inc.'s (NYSE:HAS) TRANSFORMERS ARMADA, the enormously popular male action property to PlayStation ..."

Edited by Oihan

I saw this previewed on Xplay. Honestly while I"m not fond of the Armada cartoon the game looks really good and I really want to check it out. Seems like the only voices from the show are Prime's and Megatrons. All the other voices are new. I actually like Hotshot's new voice to be honest. Starscream is kinda bad in my opinion. Cyclonous' game voice would fit Starscream better I think. Red Alert's voice is alright. I don't hate it or really like it either. Same for Tidalwaves. I wonder if there are other characters that are unlockable in the game. You seem to only be able to play as Prime, Hotshot and Red Alert.

The site is pretty cool. B))

Edited by Effect

Instead of starting yet another TF thread, I thought I would ask my question here. Anyone bought or read any reviews of Simon Furman's (TF comic writer) new Dreamwave hardcover book Transformers: The Ultimate Guide yet? I noticed it is selling for only $24.99 and I am just wondering if it is worthy of being added to the book collection. Thought I would let someone else be the guinea pig before I wasted my money to order it. What think? Anyone have it or flipped through it? Please share your opinions. :)

Thanks,

Melissa

Edited by trueblueeyes

I got a free demo disc of the game, I actually like it it was alot of fun. You can transform at will, and you got a number of moves to put pain against decipticons.

The graphics are very well detailed, I had no problems what so ever. Atari does seem to be slowly getting better at making games now.

Also, prime and megatron are not the only voice actors, every autobot and decipticon they could squeeze in has a voice role. Sadly, the guy who played Starscream in Armada will not be in the video game, looks like it's played by someone else.

The thing on the game is you play as 1 of 3 Autobots, Prime, RedAlert or HotShot. You go around collecting Minicons while fending off a clone decepticon like army. There are I guess over 150 mini cons from wha I understand, and before each level you can choose which mini con you want to take with you to battle.

Instead of starting yet another TF thread, I thought I would ask my question here. Anyone bought or read any reviews of Simon Furman's (TF comic writer) new Dreamwave hardcover book Transformers: The Ultimate Guide yet? I noticed it is selling for only $24.99 and I am just wondering if it is worthy of being added to the book collection. Thought I would let someone else be the guinea pig before I wasted my money to order it. What think? Anyone have it or flipped through it? Please share your opinions. :)

Thanks,

Melissa

I flipped through it yesterday in fact. Nothing stellar really IMO. Is has a few pages for each season of the original and a few pages for subsequent shows, Beast Wars/Machines, Armada, and Energon. I don't remember seeing RiD in there. Space was also devoted to the comic (a lot for the original comic actually), the UK version of the comic, and of course Dreamwave's comics, inclusing War Within

It's basically just a memory lane refresher. It only highlights a few episodes each season and such.

One nice thing was they went into some of the contradictions, such as the multiple versions of the Dinobot origins, and the constructicons.

Somewhat interesting, but not worth 24.95 to me. If dreamwave comes out with a TPB of More than Meets the Eye, I would be more inclined to buy that.

Though I am both dissapointed in what has happened to the franchise and un interested in most TF products, I might get this... I figure since the same voice actor is still doing Prime, I can at least relive some old memories. Of Prime kicking ass.

I tried this game at the Wizard World Convention this past March. The graphics are okay, but the controls suck.

I tried a demo of TF at the Le'Target yesterday. The only Autobot in the demo you could play is Hot Shot controling your character is playing like Max Payne or a console FPS except when you transform to your car form and I can't seem to find out where the damn accelerator is. All in all it's okay.

hi i have seen this new Transformers game play it does not look that bad, but I love the original Transformers. I do not want to start a new thread and it is a game for the PS-2 but does anyone know about this PS-2 Transformers game? it is out already, what do you think? I think it looks cool has anyone here played it? if so what do you think of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8103700087&rd=1

Actually the original Transformers video game I guess was suppose to come out shortly after it's japanese release, but something about rights and how it just wouldn't sell made them say "no thanks" or something, I can't remember the details.

Heard the G1 game wasn't that great anyways, but I really don't know...

But the original Title, "Transformers: Aramda, A prelude to energon" was just changed to "transformers" few months back.

I played the JP TF game. The reason why it's not coming to the US cause Sony rejected it during its quality tests. Meaning it sucks worse than a three way with Manga and HG!! You are better off NOT playing it!

As for the Australian/US production of TF Armada, it's pretty damn good. Too damn good to be a TF game. This'll surprise a lot of people.