Gundam SEED 1st opening

OK I was showing a friend the first episode of SEED and I noticed they had the Red Frame Astrey in the opening. It shows up at that part where an image of each Gundam flashes for less than a second. You see the Astrey show up right before the scene where the Zero deploys it's weapon pods. Did they intend to have the Astreys show up somewhere in the series?

post-26-1083219515_thumb.gif

Edited by Druna Skass

OK I was showing a friend the first episode of SEED and I noticed they had the Red Frame Astrey in the opening. It shows up at that part where an image of each Gundam flashes for less than a second. You see the Astrey show up right before the scene where the Zero deploys it's weapon pods. Did they intend to have the Astreys show up somewhere in the series?

Not those Astrays.....

Good catch. Didn't realise it.

The chances of Astray being animated have as much chance as Gundam Sentinel being animated. But who knows? All them fanboys gathered during GUndam Seed might just make Bandai do cameos in Gundam Seed 2 or whatever the next Gundam is about.

PS: Saw the MSV video at the end of Gundam Seed Special part 1. Calamity Sword...oooOoooh....

The chances of Astray being animated have as much chance as Gundam Sentinel being animated. But who knows? All them fanboys gathered during GUndam Seed might just make Bandai do cameos in Gundam Seed 2 or whatever the next Gundam is about.

weren't they in some screen shots from gundam seed 2 a while back on these boards? :huh:

knowing bandai they'll milk this gundam series until people get sick to their stomachs of it

weren't they in some screen shots from gundam seed 2 a while back on these boards? :huh:

knowing bandai they'll milk this gundam series until people get sick to their stomachs of it

I really wish that next series would be Crossbone Gundam or Sentinel Gundam !

Those were from the upcoming Seed game.

As for the Astray, nice catch! That's not one of Orb's Mass-production M1 Astrays either, because they had the Aile-Strike-ish fins monted on the back, so that would have to be the red frame in that pic. Who knows, maybe they intended to include it in the show at some point, for at least a cameo episode or two. Looks like there were several things they didn't have time to include, mostly deliberate (IMO) to save for Seed 2. They said in the beginning that Seed was supposed to be a new branch off point.

Edited by Anubis

The Red Astray appears in the last episodes, they are piloted by some girls... poor girls.. :(

Those were the M1 mass production models. Not the Red Frame.

Does anyone else find it silly that the Blue Frame's "ultimate form" looks like he's wearing a Japanese Yojimbo-like outfit/armor ??

You didn't need to appologize. I was making a comment. Tomino has this habit of whacking almost every character in his Gundam shows, by the end. Zeta Gundam set a record for character slaughter that has yet to be rivaled.

I will say this though. Those chicks in those MS deserved better than that ending. I thought it was kinda pathetic.

You didn't need to appologize. I was making a comment. Tomino has this habit of whacking almost every character in his Gundam shows, by the end. Zeta Gundam set a record for character slaughter that has yet to be rivaled.

I will say this though. Those chicks in those MS deserved better than that ending. I thought it was kinda pathetic.

Yes...considering they miraculously survived battles up till the end only to die a most unglorified death by a-stray (pun intended) beam rifle shot.......

Could it be from any of Specials noted in these reports below? (Link to quotes is HERE)

Astray Red Frame short film pics

Over at Hanepen's Anime Diary, the first pics of the Astray Red Frame short film have turned up.  ¶ 4:03 PM

Astray news

As mentioned a short while back, in the Bandai booth at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2004, Sunrise's site says they're showing a 5-minute "Gundam SEED MSV Astray" promo short film from March 25 - 28.

A post on 2ch reports the following as the voice cast of the Red Frame promo:

Lowe Guele - Masaya Onosaka (Vash The Stampede from Trigun)

Kisato Yamabuki - Masayo Kurata

Liam Garfield - Shou Hayami (Ginias Sahalin from 08th MS Team, Max Jenius from Macross)

Professor - Ai Orikasa (Fara Griffon from V Gundam, Quatre from Gundam Wing)

8 (Hachi) - Rikako Aikawa and others

In other happenings, the official Astray site updated, separating the various Astray spinoffs into their own sections and putting characters and mecha into more convenient faction groupings.  ¶ 1:39 PM

"Yes...considering they miraculously survived battles up till the end only to die a most unglorified death by a-stray (pun intended) beam rifle shot....... "

"not as clumsy or random as a blaster" my ass......er

::cough::

I'm still sore about how Mu went down. The dynamic between him and Ramius was something I really liked. They deserved a shot together. Alas; that too is a Tomino staple. Geez. I'm starting to see the fatalistic pattern here....

I'm still sore about how Mu went down. The dynamic between him and Ramius was something I really liked. They deserved a shot together. Alas; that too is a Tomino staple. Geez. I'm starting to see the fatalistic pattern here....

Yeah I wasn't too happy about that either, he was my favorite character. When I saw the Providence, I was hoping they'd dissasemble the Mobius Zero and use it to make a newtype use Strike equipment and have him lay the smack down on Le Klueze.

Once again, Seed was intended from the start to be the new branch off point. Sunrise didn't want to rely on UC anymore. Why we have a Seed 2 now for example. Eventually I would expect to see some Side OVA's or something eventually, assuming Seed 2 does as well as the first did. My hope is they actually get into the newtype angle in Seed 2, as well as the all new coordinator-newtypes that Kira and Athrun were looking to be. It's obvious Klueze and Mu were newtypes though they never said it. I think Azrael's crazy-trio were artificial newtype experiments, hence their increased capability, and Klueze was a part of that of course. They never did get further with those "stages" Natarle came across that were mentioned once, and only once.

Superior Evolutionary Element Destined factor sounds kind of newtype-ish to me.

The thing that irked me about the Mu/Rau fights is that Mu was always at a disadvantage. If he was on even standing he likely would have kicked Rau's ass.

Even with that new IWSP pack from MSW he probably could have handled Providence.

First it was Mobius Zero vs. souped up Ginn.

Later Launcher Strike vs Cgue (I still say he would have kicked his ass if he was using the Aile pack. Launcher sucked if it wasn't on actual ground and was quite ill-suited for a Cgue)

Finally the Aile Strike vs a funnel equipped Newtype mobile suit.

The idea about taking the Mobius Zero apart would have been cool. What I thought would happen would be after the strike took all that damage, he would land, pull the tarp off the Zero and go fight Klueze again, and go out in a blaze of glory during tag-team match alongside Freedom. After they got into earth's atmosphere, they never showed the Zero again IIRC.

Though I still wanted Mu to live, I'm actually happier he went out blocking the Lowengreen shot against the Archangel. I would have been more pissed if Klueze took Mu out himself.

On a side note, I actually loved the providence. It was like a Titans Mk. II on newtype crack. I was happy to hear the sound of real funnels again.

Edited by Anubis

Tomino has this habit of whacking almost every character in his Gundam shows, by the end. Zeta Gundam set a record for character slaughter that has yet to be rivaled.

Have you seen Aura Battler Dunbine? He wiped out every single character, including the main ones, except for one minor character who lived to tell the tale. Zeta doesn't even come close in terms of annihilation ratio, with plenty of people left over to carry on in ZZ.

Have you seen Aura Battler Dunbine? He wiped out every single character, including the main ones, except for one minor character who lived to tell the tale. Zeta doesn't even come close in terms of annihilation ratio, with plenty of people left over to carry on in ZZ.

I don't think anyone can top SDF Macross's annihilation rate, come one Kawmori whacked 10 billion people. :lol: