Just one more 1:48 Yamato, please

Knight26

Fatalist, you're forgetting the Max 1A (TV style). And there are two Kakizakis that haven't been done: TV and DYRL.

That's aside from the obscure Valks that people have mentioned earlier in the thread. Not to mention the clown VF-1's from M7. :lol:

Oh no, I took those into consideration.

But here's the catch: I was referring to the valks that Yamato wouldnt have to retool. The DYRL 1A head is different from the TV 1A head, so I didnt consider the Max or Kakizaki TV 1A's. So that would leave the 1S Max, 1A Kakizaki and 1A CF.

Ta da!!! :p

I assumed that the new head is officially considered to apply to TV as well, i.e., regardless of what we see in the animation, 1A heads are really supposed to look like the 1A's in DYRL.

Anyway, I don't think the apparent lack of interest in the DYRL Max 1A would necessarily mean that a TV Max 1A wouldn't sell well. The way I see it, the DYRL Max 1A is overshadowed by the Hikaru 1A. It gets less screen time and it's really a very basic repaint. OTOH, the TV Max 1A is a different design from the Hikaru 1J, completely different paint job, and it gets lots of screen time. In fact, Max does his coolest flying in the 1A.

Not that it matters much to me--I really don't think I'm going to get any more 1/48's due to space constraints.

i'm gonna pick up another max real soon, i made my 1A max into a 1S max and i don't like "holes" in my collection. :D

*added*

and i would buy the 1D, VE, VT, CF, 1A kaz. throw'em at me and i'll find a way to buy them. ;)

Edited by haterist

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't put out a Max VF-1S already. Easy money, after all. Just a repaint.

Um, I thought they had different heads? (Different number of antennae?)

The Max VF-1S has a different head than the Max VF-1A, but they've already made a Roy VF-1S and a Hikaru VF-1S - so it really is a matter of taking one of the heads they've already made and putting it on a different body.

Not even a repaint, really. ;)

Um, I thought they had different heads? (Different number of antennae?)

They do have different heads. The A has one head laser, the J has two. The S has four.

I'm just saying, they haven't done Max's VF-1S from DYRL.

Edited by Drad

With the possible exception of the fruity "Gay Pride Parade" M7 VF-1s, I'll take any 1/48 Yamato that they'll throw at me with a reasonable amount of QC involved.

I'm a big fan of the 1/48, it's the only macross toy I own more than one of (other than my jetfire and reissue bandi 1/55 cannon fodder) anyway ever since I got my low vis, which as far as I'm concerned is the ultimate color scheme, I have had no desire to get any of the another 1/48s. Don't get me wrong I think they're great toys worth every penny, but the low vis just scratched my vf-1 itch. Having said that, the only varients that I would get are a cannon fodder and a VF-1D..... And of course any other low vis/military color schemes. :D

For my 1/48 collection to be complete, I need them to do the following:

Kakizake VF-1A

Max VF-1S

VE-1

VT-1

Armored VF-1J

Like Graham, I am a DYRL guy. Since each of those designs either played a prominent part or stood out on the screen for longer than 1 second, I very much want them.

Now I know everyone will bitch if Yamato just makes the nose longer to add another seat, but that seems to me the easiest route in creating a two-seater. I don't mind if my single seater Valks come down with penis envy upon the arrival of a beautifully detailed VE-1 and VT-1. Maybe they can call up Ron Jeremy and order some Extenz or something, whatever they need to do in order to cope.

I think I would also be very happy to see Yamato get permission from Haskara (if it's even needed) to do a 1/48 Jetfire. I won't hold my breath on that one though. :p

The VF-1D has always been my favorite variant. I would like to see the VF-1D, the Max and Hayao TV VF-1A's and Hayao's DYRL VF-1A made in 1/48. Maybe even the CF and GBP. Wow, four years ago, I would have been happy for any new valk, much less making out a list of the those that I 'need'. Oh well, I still 'need' the VF-1D, somehow.