Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

The Gundam and Guncannon have been out for quite awhile with no Guntank.

Bandai is unusual.

A few years ago there were rumors of a Guntank, as well as an RGM-79E, but "no joy". Same goes for a Rising and Nobel Gundam when the G suits were being released. Think I even recalled seeing an MG Guntank mock-up. That kit would have been sweet!

If a Ball is released, I do hope it's cheap......it better be! <_< And if the WZC is released. I hope it'll contain those flexible feathers.

Man, that's a lotta hopin' !!! :huh:

To make your own Ball, take a golf ball, strip away the outter shell......than dip in plaster, shave to be even, than drill 3 wholes, two on the side, one up top....take a straw, stick it in the top whole, and than take another straw, cut it in half, bend it up really good, and stick it in the other two wholes.

Get a marker, and put a lil O on the front and walah........you have the Ball.

I know it is not a master grade but G-system has pics of the new 1/100 THE-O and the first pics of the 1/48 HI-NU gundam i cannot wait to see this one completed. it is gundam related and they look awesome so i figured some of you here might like to see.

G-system website

chris

I know you can still find Resin upgrade parts for Nu Gundam to change it into a Hi-Nu, I've been thinking some time I'd like to get a new Nu Gundam and than purchase the Resin part upgrades.

yea they are still easy to find, i think Hobby Link japan still has it, just do not get the recast i had it and the quality sucked big. also i like the Gsystem one because it is 1/48 scale it is gonna be very nice and big when it is done.

chris

How do I tell if ones a recast and the other is geniun? I been thinking about it and I think I'll wanna give these conversion kits a try since I find the Hi-Nu to be an interesting design, very sleek and sharp to the eye and I think I'll make a low viz.

the original will come in a B-club box anything else is a recast i know all of Hobbyfans kits for this are recast the only place i have seen the original is a hobby link japan this kit is now out of production so it is hard to come by but i think they still have a few in stock.

chris

If I could get on HLJ's site (which seems down?) I'd go than and get one, maybe two for good measure to sell :p But I was wondering how in the hell can you do a 1/48 without alot of the mechanical stuff, I've never seen a 1/48 NU gundam.....

You can do a 1/48 resin kit the same way you do a 1/100 resin kit: you use properly-sized pins, an appropriate amount of glue, and you make sure you know what you're doing. The fixed-pose nature of resin kits also helps.

As for telling the difference between a recast and an official kit... pricetag is one. If you're paying $30 or so for a 1/8 figure, it's a recast. The second is packaging: recast sites will package the resin parts in a bag, include Xeroxed instructions (if any came with the original kit), and will usually be contained in a small plastic shipping container. That's how e2046 packages, at least.

Quick visual guide:

Original.

Recast.

Rumor has it that MG Ball and MG Wing Zero Custom is in the works.

WZC with flexible feathers like the PG kit, I wish that were true! I wouldn't mind getting that. Hopefully they'll strengthen the hip joint area so that it'll take the weight of the backpack/wings.

BTW...the blue MS infront of the Psycho's right leg is the CGue Deep Arms

here's a pic provided by MAHQ...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/yfx-200.jpg

That looks nice Haro!! Will Bandai make this into a kit or something like that??

Uh huh so I see......well now if I can find B-Clubs Resin conversion kit for Nu Gundam I may just buy it, but stupid HLJ wont do the search, it just keeps acting up on me....grrrr either can't find what I want or the site is down, it's getting annoying!

I know it is not a master grade but G-system has pics of the new 1/100 THE-O and the first pics of the 1/48 HI-NU gundam i cannot wait to see this one completed. it is gundam related and they look awesome so i figured some of you here might like to see.

G-system website

chris

That Hi-Nu looks AWESOME!!!!

Rumor has it that MG Ball and MG Wing Zero Custom is in the works.

WZC with flexible feathers like the PG kit, I wish that were true! I wouldn't mind getting that. Hopefully they'll strengthen the hip joint area so that it'll take the weight of the backpack/wings.

BTW...the blue MS infront of the Psycho's right leg is the CGue Deep Arms

here's a pic provided by MAHQ...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/yfx-200.jpg

That looks nice Haro!! Will Bandai make this into a kit or something like that??

i'm pretty sure they will...(make a kit of the CGue Deep Arms)

i really hope bandai gets bored enough to make kits from endless waltz...but knowing bandai they're only making the kits since for some kinda promo...i mean, they're making the hi-zack just for the simple fact that sunrise is making those 3 gundam z movies! so if bandai/sunrise makes something new for wing/endless waltz then maybe JUST MAYBE they'll make a couple MG's as promos... :p:D:D it's that or bandai will have to give in to all the japanese otaku's needs :lol::lol::p

Do you think Bandai will make a Hi-Nu kit of somekind???

No.

The Hi nu Gundam has been passed on to B-Club. The only way to get an official Bandai Hi nu Gundam is to buy the MG nu Gundam and the B-Club conversion kit.

General rule of Bandai thumb: if it's put out by B-Club, it'll never be available in plastic. Meaning: no MG Hi nu. Not even a plastic Hi nu.

The only other 1/100 Hi nu options available are: 1) buy the G-System kit, or 2) scratchbuild your own.

Uh huh so I see......well now if I can find B-Clubs Resin conversion kit for Nu Gundam I may just buy it, but stupid HLJ wont do the search, it just keeps acting up on me....grrrr either can't find what I want or the site is down, it's getting annoying!

The B-Club conversion kit is out of production.

You can get a recast (out of stock at both e2046 and Hobbyfan; add it to your wish list and they may order another recast run at some point), you can get the G-System 1/100 Hi nu (Hobbyfan MAY still stock it, or you maybe able to order directly from G-System if they still have a kit hanging around), or you can wait for B-Club to reproduce their (overpriced) conversion kit.

Or you could scratchbuild.

i really hope bandai gets bored enough to make kits from endless waltz...but knowing bandai they're only making the kits since for some kinda promo...i mean, they're making the hi-zack just for the simple fact that sunrise is making those 3 gundam z movies! so if bandai/sunrise makes something new for wing/endless waltz then maybe JUST MAYBE they'll make a couple MG's as promos... :p:D:D it's that or bandai will have to give in to all the japanese otaku's needs :lol::lol::p

This is my last successive post, I promise...

Bandai wouldn't get "bored" enough to make Endless Waltz kits, they'd get greedy enough. The 1/100 HG Wing Gundam Zero Custom is the best-selling Gundam kit of all time. It's Katoki's most popular design, and can often be found in the top 5 section of Japanese "favorite Gundam design" polls. Given that 85% of the kit is already molded--see MG Wing Gundam ver. Ka--all Bandai needs to do is to mold a new backpack and the wings, which can be done in a negligible time period.

MG Wing Zero Custom wil come out--even if this rumor is false, it will come sometime soon. Bandai cannot resist recolors. The question is, will they make more Endless Waltz kits? Yes, they will--because Wing Zero Custom will sell more than enough to persuade Bandai to go the Endless Waltz route. The only question is, "How long after the MG Wing Zero Custom's release will it take to get an MG Tallgeese III?"

QUOTE (Hikuro @ Aug 9 2004, 10:02 PM)

The B-Club conversion kit is out of production.

You can get a recast (out of stock at both e2046 and Hobbyfan; add it to your wish list and they may order another recast run at some point), you can get the G-System 1/100 Hi nu (Hobbyfan MAY still stock it, or you maybe able to order directly from G-System if they still have a kit hanging around), or you can wait for B-Club to reproduce their (overpriced) conversion kit.

Or you could scratchbuild.

Sadly I can't scratch build, never done it, don't have the stuff to do it nor the time.

I thought I saw HLJ have it up for sale...but I could be wrong like I thought I would get Freedom off Jhobby.net but they're on preorder......

But I don't think the kit was too pricey.

And from what I just heard the recast was pretty bad.

General rule of Bandai thumb: if it's put out by B-Club, it'll never be available in plastic. Meaning: no MG Hi nu. Not even a plastic Hi nu.

.... right.

B-Club Ramba Ral Zaku I

Bc1549.jpg

B-Club GP03S

B-Club Sazabi

B-Club GM Kai Ground Version

B-Club Guncannon

B-Club Ex-S Gundam

These are only the ones that have pictures online through a quick Google search. There are tons more designs that were released in both B-Club resin and MG plastic injection formats, including the Zeong, which was only a few months apart like many of the recent releases. On the other end of the spectrum you have the Ver. Ka. RX-78, which has been around forever in B-Club form before Bandai put it out in MG form as well.

Here's a B-Club GM Custom to boot:

post-26-1092116536.jpg

Edited by Jolly Rogers

The thing is, JR, that these examples are more popular, mainstream designs. They were animated, for the most part. Their release was only inevitable.

Things today, however, are much different. Bandai plan their plastic release along with their resin release. I don't expect to see a MG Powered GM any time soon, not to mention GM Cannon II, Zaku FZ, Hi Nu, et cetera.

While Terpfen may have exaggerated about the "never release", he's right in pointing out that we are as likely to see those kits in plastic within the next five years as getting a Gundam ver Ka. kit that doesn't suck.

The GM Custom and GM Quel were not unusual, given that they saw the opportunity with the MG Alex mold.

The MG Wing ver Ka. was the true oddball. Who would have expected a Wing ver Ka. in MG form. I believe, though, that the "Ka." line was made to cash in on Katoki's name, but the line was probably an afterthought after the GM Kai.

Edited by Stamen0083

It's interesting to note, that with the exception of the Wing ver.ka, all of the above kits are full kits, not conversion.

I think the above statement was that if there's a conversion kit handled by B-Club, there'll never be an actual IP kit.

And so far that's pretty much true.

Do you think Bandai will make a Hi-Nu kit of somekind???

No.

I think there is some chance we will see a plastic Hi-Nu. The recent releases of the Wing Zero Ka and RX-78-4 and RX-78-5 show Bandai is willing to release designs that never showed up in anime form, so they make take a shot at a Hi-Nu...and after all, it IS a Gundam, so that alone would move some boxes.

It's interesting to note, that with the exception of the Wing ver.ka, all of the above kits are full kits, not conversion.

I think the above statement was that if there's a conversion kit handled by B-Club, there'll never be an actual IP kit.

And so far that's pretty much true.

You forgot the B-Club MS-06R-1 and MS-06R-2 High Mobility Zaku II conversion kits for MG Zaku II that I've already mentioned. There are tons more examples besides the ones I actually bought.

Bandai would rather release a buttload more never-animated Gundams (look at the Sentinel lineup - all Gundams and no Xeku) for the MG line than toss the antagonists a bone. We'll probably see all the obscure game/manga/novel-based Gundams in MG form before seeing a MG Acguy or Gyan. With that said, a MG Hi-Nu is only a matter of time, since they've exhausted plenty of Gundam designs by now. With the Sentinel designs out of the way, Hi-Nu's place on the list has just gone up a few more notches.

...and RX-78-4 and RX-78-5 show Bandai is willing to release designs that never showed up in anime form...

:snicker:

Willing to release designs that never showed up in anime form. Right.

Those two designs were probably first made popular by Studio Reckless, who took Okawara's over-the-top designs and Katokified them. With the game and manga series coming out, these kits were released as tie-ins and to also cash in on Katoki's brand name.

Too bad they didn't go with the full-on Studio Reckless design, but chose to go with a bastardized, half Okawaran version instead.

I can think of far more popular designs that were never animated that would have sold just as well, if not better. Blue Destinies come to mind. Gundam Pixy, as well. Of course, given that these were released as conversion kits, we're not likely to see them in the future.

The Refined Barzam is a very popular Sentinel design. That is the one kit I would love to see right now. There are no conversion sets out there either, so my fingers are still crossed.