larger scale valkyrie...why not?

do not disturb

i was thinking back to the good old days of gi-joes and such and remembered the sky-striker, atleast i think its called that? so wouldn't be like the bomb, if a certain company(yamato) released a perfect transformation valk in that very scale! :o i don't remember what scale was, but i'm sure someone here had one of these when they were a kid.

now before everyone busts out there flame-throwers on me about yamato sticking to a scale...i'm thinking they could do a very limited numbered release and sell them for GRIP! i have no idea what it would cost, or the details of toy production but would anyone be willing to buy it?

i know this is all just pipe dreams but i know i'd save my pennies to buy something like that. :)

hi everybody...I´m new here...Just wanted to know if someone could post the pictures of the differences between the headrests in the 1st and 2nd version on the Roy 1S,´cause i wanna be sure that i´m buying the second and improved version when the time comes...

thanx.

hi everybody...I´m new here...Just wanted to know if someone could post the pictures of the differences between the headrests in the 1st and 2nd version on the Roy 1S,´cause i wanna be sure that i´m buying the second and improved version when the time comes...

thanx.

:-) this is like, totally not the right place to post a request. as a reply to someone else post? no no, just start you're own post.

as for super big valks. my 1/48 is big enough thank you.

Sorry ...I didn´t mean to do that...i dunno why it happened.I tried to reply in another topic.

Now,leaving this apart,i think there was some kind of ugly valk back in the 80s

which was capable of storing inside a GI Joe sized doll.I Think it was manufactured by matchbox...Unfortunately the proportion was terrible and it couldn´t transform.

But,yeah!!! It´d be terrific if Yamato could produce something like that:

GI Joe fighter sized Transforming Valk...A dream come true

I would venture a guess at 1/32 or 1/24 scale. And to add even more detail to it, add a fully super posable pilot figure. And why the hell not.....maybe even authentic sounds and lights for the wings etc. (no, not the eyepiece).

I'd be down. Probably cost about 500 or so, but to have at least 1 would be friggin awesome. Especially with FAST packs.

If they ever make a VF to the GI JOE huge vehicle scale, I would say the VF won't be a perfect variable toy. The GI JOE huge vehicles offer a different proposition at an affordable to premium price. And it focuses on the value of playing with the pilot action figure, along with some decent amount of achievable features on the vehicle, rather than just displaying it.

The VF that is talk about here will cost astronomical! Seriouly folk, it would be great if they make one. But this is the stuff that Macross fanboys dream about, and drool when guys like John Moscato sacrifices some time of his life to make one. :lol:

I think I'd pass on something like that.

I love my 1/48 and bigger is cooler, but only to a point. To me the extra detail that could be fit on a (say 1/24?) VF would not be a big enough difference to warrant the extra cost involved.

For me the 1/48 is a great compromise between model and toy, because it's about as detailed a model as I could make from a kit but still durable and solid like a toy. I don't think I need anything beyond that. ;)

The one selling point for me is that it'd be cool to see the custom work that could be done on something like that. But as I said, I wouldn't buy one.

The most obvious "why not?" is the money.

Such a toy would have to cost over $300, possibly as much as $500. Once you start spending that kinda money on a toy, then any imperfection becomes a HUGE problem. I can't imagine spending that kind of money and receiving a toy with a crooked Skull emblem or (gasp!) a broken backpack hinge.

All that being said, I would probably skimp and save and buy at least one... ;)

I would hope for a fully GI-Joe style articulated pilot. That would be cool.

alright i guess i'm not alone! :D

i'm thinking lots of detail, and definitely a full articulated pilot for sure. the articulation on the valk itself would be off the hook too, i'm talking individual finger articualtion with knukles and all that!

it doesn't stop there folks, i'm talking a FP kit so that it fires mini-missiles, :o the arm rockets shoot out :o , the strike cannon fires as well as the gunpod :o:o . armor can be stripped down completely, even more so that the current FP's. i could go on and on. :D

think of it, a large custom acrylic display case that can fit the valk in all modes, certificate of authenticity, as well as a engraved plate with the number(like 123 out of 500) and specs of the valk....model, size, armament, etc. we're talking every single bell and whistle you can think of....outside of the "light-up" head of course. :p

anyhoo, i just thought it would be a fun topic. :) and $500 is about right. ;)

GI Joe sized would make the VF close to 1/18 scale...very big :blink: . I think there will be a 1/18 scale F/A-18 coming out soon from the Ultimate Soldier Series, if not out already; that would give you a perfect idea of just how huge the Valkyrie would be. I figure that the price for such a monstrosity would be well north of $500.00 USD, but if it were to ever be made I think I'd save up to get one.

Man, just thinking about it makes me dizzy. Imagine all the cool stuff that could be incorporated into something that big:

* Everything included in the 1/48

* Poseable pilot figure with removable helmet

* Steerable front landing gear

* Synchronized swing wings

* Individually articulated fingers

* Blinking formation lights

* Opening access panels

* Light up landing lights and visor

* Other stuff I can't even imagine

Edited by mechaninac

1:1 Scale with armor. The fanboy dream special edition. Comes complete with Minmay Real Doll.

ok... if they made a fully functional 1:1 scale toy (hehe toy) that could fly and fire maybe some missles. i'd save up for one

wow i didn't even think of working exterior and interior lights...that would be too cool. B))

i think built in such a large scale, it would actually be pretty strong and durable...none of that snapping backpack hinge BS. also realize this would be strictly a display piece, no running around the house pretending your part of the RDF or anything like that. :p

also, by making it such a large scale making moving/working parts and would be far easier than trying to squeeze those details into a 1/48 valk. think of how strong a hinge would be if it were twice as thick? and if the FP were twice the size, it would be mad easy to build a fully functional, shooting FP kit.

i mean, i'm considering doing it now with the 1/48 FP kit and i think its possible? i'm not sure how i'd make the mini-missiles fire, but i know how to make it so that the missiles eject. and i know for sure i could easily make firing rockets for the arm armor, there lots of space in there.

maybe yamato is reading some of this or maybe they had something like this in mind form the get go. who knows? all i know is if they made one with just the features people mentioned above, i would definitely consider selling off one of my spare kidneys to get one. ;):lol:

BTW, i'm no fanboy, i just like to dream. :D

Sorry ...I didn´t mean to do that...i dunno why it happened.I tried to reply in another topic.

Now,leaving this apart,i think there was some kind of ugly valk back in the 80s

which was capable of storing inside a GI Joe sized doll.I Think it was manufactured by matchbox...Unfortunately the proportion was terrible and it couldn´t transform.

But,yeah!!! It´d be terrific if Yamato could produce something like that:

GI Joe fighter sized Transforming Valk...A dream come true

It's okay, everyone was a newb at one time. BTW, welcome to Macross World.

Anyway, yes Matchbox did make a nontransformable VF-1S capable of holding a 3-3/4" figure. (That's the size of the 80's GI Joes, not the old and new 12" guys which are the good ones in IMO.) The original issue seems to have included part of the transforming construction in its build, while a later one (issued under the Harmony Gold name?) took all of that out. I think there's an article about it at Masterforce.com.

Also, somebody out there has or had pics on his website of a project to turn the MB/HG Valk into a variable toy.

Okay, here's the project: http://www.pimbrecords.com/mfo/3.0/customvalk.html

And here's the Masterforce article: http://www.pimbrecords.com/mfo/mf4.0/rot31.html

i was thinking back to the good old days of gi-joes and such and remembered the sky-striker, atleast i think its called that? so wouldn't be like the bomb, if a certain company(yamato) released a perfect transformation valk in that very scale! :o i don't remember what scale was, but i'm sure someone here had one of these when they were a kid.

now before everyone busts out there flame-throwers on me about yamato sticking to a scale...i'm thinking they could do a very limited numbered release and sell them for GRIP! i have no idea what it would cost, or the details of toy production but would anyone be willing to buy it?

i know this is all just pipe dreams but i know i'd save my pennies to buy something like that. :)

Obviously you´ve been influenced by the idea that scale is equal to size when it´s actually not the case.

That GI-joe toy could´ve been 1/55 , 1/72 , 1/48 or whatever scale they chose independently of the size itself of the toy.

I think you mean you would want Yamato to make a toy of that size , not scale.

Obviously you´ve been influenced by the idea that scale is equal to size when it´s actually not the case.

That GI-joe toy could´ve been 1/55 , 1/72 , 1/48 or whatever scale they chose independently of the size itself of the toy.

I think you mean you would want Yamato to make a toy of that size , not scale.

i think he meant that he would like to see a valk in g.i. joe figure scale (w/c i'm guessing would be between 1:15- 1:24). the vehicles were more or less to scale with the figures.

I would so love a Valk of that size. I certainly would pick at least one up if they released 'em, however I'd actually be happier if Yamato released some larger valks, like the VF-0 and the YF-19 in 1/48th scale, putting them around that size. That way I can have my large scale Valks, and have a single line, all in the same scale, which would be perfect for me.

I think Toynami had made some very large scale valkyire, as tall as a person.

However, I think 1/48 is the largest VF I can transform without help from others, I can't imagine how to transform a 1/24 VF.

I guess you've never owned Metroplex or Fortress Maximus then, eh?

The Toynami 'veritech' you're describing was a prop for their booth display at E3 or some other convention. It was non-transformable, and non-posable. It was a statue.

if they made anything bigger, i'd have to rob fort knox

and i wouldn't make the same mistakes as goldfinger, i'd kill

bond when i could

J.J.

I'd buy at least one, but I would be pissed if I had to put stickers on it or do my own weathering. For $500 that thing better look like it's flying when standing still!

the display case will include a fan with a doo-hickie that emits smoke to give it the "in-flight look". :p

I'd definitley love to see something big enough to include an action figure. Maybe not full 3 3/4" GI Joe size, but even something more on the scale of microman/naught figures. Then again, isn't the VF-1 smaller than the F-14? If so, then it shouldn't be too bad in comparison to the Sky Striker.

I had a Skystriker XP 14 - F . That's what they called it, and have modeled tamiya's 1/32nd scale F-14 the planes profile and proportions are exactly the same (same size) but G.I. Joes are about four times too big for the scale so Hasbro went a bigger canopy and seats making it efectively whatever scale, about 1/19.The skystriker/F-14 at 1/32nd scale is almost exactly 2 feet long. However money and storage constraints aside who wouldn't want the utimate-ultimate collectors valk!

the scale of microman/naught figures. Then again, isn't the VF-1 smaller than the F-14? If so, then it shouldn't be too bad in comparison to the Sky Striker.

VF-1 is quite a bit smaller than an F-14.

I don't have exact numbers handy but a VF-1 is approximately 40 feet long and an F-14 is approximately 60 feet long.

a 1/19 scale valk oh and i thought my 1/72nd Prometheus Perfect Display project was insane wich when compleated will be around 21 feet in length i belive give or take.

anyway givin my love of large items i would either by 1 or sell my house buy seven and live in a fortress made of their boxes.........

Yes, i know, i need help.