Robotech Battlecry what's wrong

Guest YF-21

Guest YF-21

I dont know if you guy's have been playing Robotech Battlecry from TDK.

overall game play is good i like the traing missions butt i missing one thing and that is from the Digital Mission VX-1 on the Playstation.

A the thing that im missing is the break feature.

on the playstation #1 if whore in flight and you would transform the valkery to Gerwalk mode you would see a external shot of the valkery use the main truster to break.

and im waiting now for the Mopeada game on the PC that TDK is making at the moment. With alpha en Cyclone. I f have a demo look cool i flight you get 3rd person shots and as gardian it is a firt person shooter cant wait.

Battlecry was alright, but I will NEVER forgive it (or any Macross games, I'm not bias) for having extremely limited ceilings....that and if you ran into anything you were slammed into battloid mode - not a great way to fight :/

Battlecry was alright, but I will NEVER forgive it (or any Macross games, I'm not bias) for having extremely limited ceilings....that and if you ran into anything you were slammed into battloid mode - not a great way to fight :/

i didn't like how it had the ceilings either but it wasn't that bad of a deal to transform into battroid mode, you just had to be quick to use the counter fire button and gun down the enemy missiles.

i'd really like to play the new macross game but i don't understand japanese nor do i have a compatiable PS2. :(

on the playstation #1 if whore in flight and you would transform the valkery to Gerwalk mode you would see a external shot of the valkery use the main truster to break.

I think I understand your post... but I really just wanted to say that my new favorite phrase is now "Whore in Flight" :lol:

In fact, I think the next game should be called - Robotech: Whore in Flight

Heh, don't get me started on what's wrong with Battlecry.

• How about poorly modeled valks, with missing wings in battroid mode, feet which look half open in fighter mode and a stuby misshapen nose in fighter mode.
  • Horrible sound for the Valks engines. Makes it sound like the Valk is powered by a sowing machine engine.
  • Also, horrible gunpod firing noise.
  • Horrible, horrible voice acting by the main character. I can't stand to listen to his droning monologues.
  • mediocre gameplay and poor control in fighter mode.

Graham

I played the Jap Macross game a few levels. Its slower paced than Battlecry IMHO. Battlecry did better in the quick action department. Most of the game mechanics were simlar to Battlecry, so its quite easy to pickup. Of the few levels I played, its levels were limited to Fighter only, Gerwalk only, or Battroid only. I mean, you can change into all modes in all levels, but you'd rather want to stay in one mode in those levels. THe other modes are practically useless. Besides, out of abou 6 missions I've played (DYRL mode i think), I only played 2 ground (Battroid) missions. Missles travelled slower and each time you launch a full salvo of 6, it annoyingly cuts into a cinematic of you doing a barrel role while firing them missles.

Oh..and your head laser is puny. Transforming into modes is also switching through a list in ascending or descending order. ie: F, G, B, B, G, F. You can't change from one mode to another like BC.

SDF Macross has better graphics than BC, but probably not as good gameplay. I probably should play it more since I played it at a friend's place. But as of yet, BAttlecry had better gameplay and faster paced.

BC btw is crap hard with crap story and ending. I don't know anybody that finished it.

i'd really like to play the new macross game but i don't understand japanese nor do i have a compatiable PS2. :(

You don't need to understand Japanese to be able to play the Japanese Macross PS2 game.

Graham

Yeah....but sometimes you need to know your mission objectives. I kept failing in one of the missions cause I don't know what happened or what went wrong.

The ceiling was way too low. WAY too low. The inability to do the "Gerwalk brake" further contributed to gerwalk being effectively useless in the game.

Some enjoyable missions, but overall I really wish I could play the Japanese game instead.

You don't need to understand Japanese to be able to play the Japanese Macross PS2 game.

Graham

Yeah....but sometimes you need to know your mission objectives. I kept failing in one of the missions cause I don't know what happened or what went wrong.

You played as Kakizaki. :)