Naruto Crazy Spoiler/Discussion Thread!

isamu

• 5 months later...

I dunno if anybody is keeping up with the manga (http://www.narutofan.com) but holy cow!

***MAJOR SPOILERS****

***POST INCLUDES A PICTURE FROM THE *END* OF THE LATEST MANGA CHAPTER****

I wonder how far Sasuke is going to go?

I also wonder if Orochimaru had something to do with Itachi's fall? Perhaps old Itachi was too powerful in the end.

What about the other 5 Legendary Mist Swordsmen?

Who is the 3rd person that can do Mangekyou? Kakashi?! I don't know... Itachi said that only an Uchiha can master the sharingan and even taunted Kakashi for this... who knows?

Also Kyubi mentioned another relation between the 4th and Naruto... is there more there than meets the eye?

I think its a little too Super Saiyan looking... but we'll see how it pans out...

post-26-1095825443_thumb.gif

Hmm.. Am I the only one next to Radd that didn't care for Naruto? Other than the fact it makes a great example for animation students the whole thing is pretty weak.

Haven't watched Naruto, took one look at the characters on the boxart of the bootleg DVDs, which just screamed kiddie-toon, so I decided to leave well alone.

Perhaps I'll try watching an episode or 2 sometime. I know it's not good to judge something without actually seeing it yourself, but from the comments on this thread it doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all.

Bearing in mind I mostly watch 80s mecha anime or more serious modern anime like GITS SAC & LOTGH and I hate comedy anime, should I even bother watching this?

Graham

i love naruto, not only it is an action show but there is character development, and good story lines. my friend who doesn't even like action cartoons loves naruto. not only is it very action packed, but it is really funny as well. kakashi killed me when he first show up on the scene, and rock lee's mentor gai is riot. but i never looked at this as a kid show, i deem pokemon, and yugi-oh, and kirby and shows like that kid shows, this is a step or two above it, not the most indepth show, but still a lot more fun to watch than DBZ, and i was a HUGE DBZ fan, so that says a lot. but then DBZ got really old quick, at least with naruto it is still fresh, and even when they do each person's signature move, it is rarely ever done the same way twice, unlike seeing the kamehameha used a billion times the exact same way. <_<

Edited by kanedaestes

• 2 weeks later...

Yay... its finally over! I just want to see what happened to Chouji and Neji. See how things get tied up... and see where Sasuke intends to go... hopefully not Orochimaru...

Ninja who wear bright orange. No thanks.

Ok... lets see the same old ninjas in black with the masks... *bzzt* wrong!

Everyone in this show is so good, it matters not what color their clothes are. Check it out, things past ep II get really interesting really fast. Heheh... Zabusa.. right on. :D

Ninja who wear bright orange. No thanks.

Ya know, there's a group of students running around here who made custome Naruto jackets and bought that stupid bandana thing. So there's a bunch of Naruto wannabes running aroudn the campus and I had to stomach an hour with them since I had agreed to be the anime club's new faculty advisor for the fall quarter.

Bunch of teens in orange pretending to be ninjas is not a pretty sight but they do really nice Naruto fan art I must say.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... the fight is over... Sasuke is gone.

What do we think about this new Akatsuki member? Where will the series go from here?

Sakura is Tsunade's apprentice... nobody knows where Sasuke is going... to Orochimaru? Do we have another 3-way Legendary-Nin/Apprentice battle? What part will Akatsuki have to play? More missions with Kakashi? His role has decreased exponentially. Personally, I wouldn't mind them taking this opportunity to maybe expand on some more back story... perhaps this will appear while Sakura is under Tsunade's tutelage.

What about Itachi(for me. :lol: )? That's something I always ask because he's my favorite character. I think that he, Sasuke, and whoever this mystery 3rd person that can master the sharingan is are the only people that have a chance to kill Orochimaru. My reasoning for this is that Orochimaru is able to bind his soul to this world... however... Tsukiyomi attacks the user's soul/mind. Just some food for thought... maybe that's why Orochimaru left the group; he realized that he could no longer take Itachi's body, but without Uchiha blood he would not be able to stand against him. Are we ever going to find out the horrible truth about the Sharingan?

Oh... and Shikamaru totally needs to get some sweet Temari lovin'. Also, where is Anko? She's dreamy... maybe its the netting... :ph34r:

Woah i looked into a pic too far ahead of where I am. Im at Episode 101. Where Tsunade is planning to heal Rock Lee. he is awesome.

Ok I have a question. There are these hints (I havent read the manga cause the anime is so badassed) in teh anime to things.

Kakashi is NOT Uchiha and Orochimaru mentioned something, when Kakashi was sealing the curse on Sasuke. That Kakashi got the eye from some one. Did he yank it out of an uchiha and put it in his head?

Is Naruto a reincarnation of the Fourth?, possible a son? I think the 4th sacrificed himself and was turned into a baby. Kinda like Goku turned into a kid. but that is a different story.

oh and having a free 160GB external HD is handy. hehe my friend liberated a few when he left for his new job at Boeing. (he used to work for a shady korean HD refurbishing company) be warned about mainstream company HDs. This company reformats broken drives and sells it back to these same companies.

Edited by Solscud007

Kakashi is NOT Uchiha and Orochimaru mentioned something, when Kakashi was sealing the curse on Sasuke. That Kakashi got the eye from some one. Did he yank it out of an uchiha and put it in his head?

Nobody knows where he got it, but it is not his own eye. He can't even utilize it fully. Anyway, it has been theorized that Kakashi is one of Orochimaru's expirements. When Orochimaru gets busted by the 3rd Hokage, he mentions that he has been "Performing expirements on kidnapped ANBU members." Of course, we'll have to keep reading/watching to find out for sure. :)

Is Naruto a reincarnation of the Fourth?, possible a son? I think the 4th sacrificed himself and was turned into a baby. Kinda like Goku turned into a kid. but that is a different story.

Nobody knows... but the creator of the show is a huge DBZ fan... though I hope he stays away from that style of combat(I was disappointed with Naruto vs Sasuke for just that reason... but its over and hopefully they'll move past that.).

Hmm the filler anime arc is almost over and honestly I enjoyed it. To be honest as well I didn't care for the whole Sasuke leaving arc in the manga. I felt all the arc before that were done a lot better and were more emotional, the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight has nothing on the whole Naruto vs. Gaara fight when it comes to being emotional. I think it might be bacause I don't really like Sasuke. It took the author to long to give us background information on Sasuke on why he really is the way he is. He didn't give us Gaara's background right away but it was given a lot sooner though and it connected with Naruto's background which added to the emotional impact of the fight. I just didn't get that with the latest arc between Naruto and Sasuke.

Is it just me or did the whole Naruto and Sasuke fight in the last arc just seem like a Dragon Ball Z fight gone wrong? It had the DBZ feel to it at times but then it just went in this weird direction which I don't feel was a good thing. I don't know, maybe I'm alone in that.

Edited by Effect

Hmm the filler anime arc is almost over and honestly I enjoyed it. To be honest as well I didn't care for the whole Sasuke leaving arc in the manga. I felt all the arc before that were done a lot better and were more emotional, the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight has nothing on the whole Naruto vs. Gaara fight when it comes to being emotional. I think it might be bacause I don't really like Sasuke. It took the author to long to give us background information on Sasuke on why he really is the way he is. He didn't give us Gaara's background right away but it was given a lot sooner though and it connected with Naruto's background which added to the emotional impact of the fight. I just didn't get that with the latest arc between Naruto and Sasuke.

Is it just me or did the whole Naruto and Sasuke fight in the last arc just seem like a Dragon Ball Z fight gone wrong? It had the DBZ feel to it at times but then it just went in this weird direction which I don't feel was a good thing. I don't know, maybe I'm alone in that.

I'm just keeping in mind that these are Genins that were taught jutsus they have no business using.

I like the "ninja chess" aspect of the series and I hope they steer clear of

A: You are strong, so I will power up and defeat you!

B: OMFG! I must power up too!

*charge at eachother and don't get anywhere*

A: :o I see that we are equal in power... now I will power up again to LEVEL TWO!!!!

B: I am afraid you are mistaken in believing you can defeat me! I TOO SHALL POWER UP TO LEVEL TWO!

A: I see... you are a worthy opponent... but now I must use my SUPER DEATH MOVE!

*A screams "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"*

B: I ALSO HAVE A SUPER DEATH MOVE!!!!

*B screams "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"*

the fight goes nowhere and neither opponent is decisively the winner

That is what I got out of the Naruto/Sasuke fight.... it went a couple chapters longer than it had to. :( The important thing is that it is over and we'll never speak of it again. :p

I'm just keeping in mind that these are Genins that were taught jutsus they have no business using.

I like the "ninja chess" aspect of the series and I hope they steer clear of

A: You are strong, so I will power up and defeat you!

B: OMFG! I must power up too!

A: :o I see that we are equal in power... now I will power up again to LEVEL TWO!!!!

B: I am afraid you are mistaken in believing you can defeat me! I TOO SHALL POWER UP TO LEVEL TWO!

A: I see... you are a worthy opponent... but now I must use my SUPER DEATH MOVE!

*A screams "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"*

B: I ALSO HAVE A SUPER DEATH MOVE!!!!

*B screams "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"*

the fight goes nowhere and neither opponent is decisively the winner

That is what I got out of the Naruto/Sasuke fight.... it went a couple chapters longer than it had to. :( The important thing is that it is over and we'll never speak of it again. :p

Oh I agree. On other forums, that's what I try to get across when I give my opinion. They are using attacks they have no business using, nor are mentally (in my opinion) prepared to be using.

What really made me like the series was the Kakashi and Zazza(sp?) fight at the lake. Two experience ninja pulling out attacks but at the same time using their heads. Then we have Sasuke and Kakashi, helping. Not by using brute force or high powered attacks but working as a team and using their heads and being creative with low level skills to help free Kakashi. I miss that, when the kids were while ninja, still kids and the adults did a lot of the fighting, thus showing the difference in power. Now with this latest arc things have gotten so blurry and just pushed things. I wouldn't have so much of a problem if the characters were older.

I have to agree, it seems things are just turning into a powerful match up. One person powers up and the next person powers up and they fight and continue to power up. Things aren't being decided by skill. That works for the different Dragon Ball series since it started out like that but even then they attempt to be creative about it at times but Naruto didn't really seem that way in the beginning and looked like it would have been different but it seems to have fallen back on that which makes it worse I think.

Yeah but it also wasn't just the naruto vs. sasuke it was everyones battle... like Choji was like

choji-OMG he is to powerful (eats pill)

bad dude- ha you are weak

choji- oh yeah (pops another pill)

baddy- omfg he is powerful but I am more powerful (transforms)

choji- ha but I can be even more powerful now (pops 3rd pill)

bad guy- OMFG!!!!111!!! I must be even more powerful transforms again...

big stupid fight... both people lose

repeat for all baddies vs. genin and chunnin of preference <_<

but yeah the naruto vs. sasuke thing went over board cause they like flat out were transforming into like uber drag queen and semi-uber drag queen then like cutting each other with their long finger nails...

*remembers back in the days when their use to be all these cool jutsus and i thought the characters would learn them... instead of just constantly using the same 3 over... and over...and over...*

although the backround we got on sasuke was nice this last arc went on forever and nothing happened besides a bunch of boring fights...

it took his about a year to do this one arc... which was 90% comprised of the whole DBZish powerup fight stuff...a entire year... :unsure:

Well since its over and it seems the efgfipsogfsgfs or whatever that atsuki or whatever group itachi is in will do something there may be hope yet... although that guy seemed like a giant fly trap... and the sakura actually doing stuff in the forseable future seems to be a rather good change :D

Nobody knows where he got it, but it is not his own eye. He can't even utilize it fully. Anyway, it has been theorized that Kakashi is one of Orochimaru's expirements. When Orochimaru gets busted by the 3rd Hokage, he mentions that he has been "Performing expirements on kidnapped ANBU members." Of course, we'll have to keep reading/watching to find out for sure. :)

Nobody knows... but the creator of the show is a huge DBZ fan... though I hope he stays away from that style of combat(I was disappointed with Naruto vs Sasuke for just that reason... but its over and hopefully they'll move past that.).

In the episode where Kakashi is performing the seal on Sasuke's curse seal, Orochimaru tells Kakashi that he didn't have "that eye" when he left the village. Something along those lines. I dunno if it was the same in the manga; it's been a while since I've read that far back.

Not yet. It isn't out on dvd yet in japan so I don't think we'll see a fansub until then. What I heard was that it might not be out till December. Then again if the author of the manga was behind the story for the movie(which I believe is the case from the one movie special that aired) then it could very well go into Kakashi's past in some detail without it being in manga. Still then you have the trouble of trying to combine that with the manga and anime unless its made clear that just his past is apart of the manga storyline and not the present storyline in the movie. I just really want to see it. I figured the movie timeline might follow things the way the DBZ movies are setup in that it has its own sepereate timeline. The 2nd Naruto movie is already being planned for next yet.

• 3 months later...
Is nobody on this forum into this show? :)

Honestly, my interest has been dropping due to the last arc, well maybe a little before that, and even with the new time skip my interest really isn't increasing.

I've been finding Hunter X Hunter to be a far more enjoyable series. In terms of manga(currently waiting for the latest chapter to be released) and now just starting to get into the anime and OVAs. That and Bleach is becoming a favorite of mine as well.

Edited by Effect

Gotta love naruto... I skipped ahead with the manga, but I stopped reading it after the brief interlude.. now I'm just watching the anime and I'm eagerly awaiting the big sasuke/naruto fight.

I can't wait to see what ends up happening after the time jump. I dig naruto's new threads.