MG wing gundam ka.

hi it is a work of art, very nice and detailed. ton of stickers wish it came with more dry transfers or Water Slide Decals .Bandai is getting quite good with these kits lately. one of my more favorite kits all I need is a Master grade F-90 and Crossbone Gundam now.

Chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I got mine a few weeks ago.... its really an awsome kit. At first I thought it would be kind of loose because it had no screws... but everything fits tightly enough to not require them.

My only problem with is.... the model will not hold the buster rifle pointing straight ahead. <_<

hi it is a work of art, very nice and detailed. ton of stickers wish it came with more dry transfers or Water Slide Decals .Bandai is getting quite good with these kits lately. one of my more favorite kits all I need is a Master grade F-90 and Crossbone Gundam now.

Chris

Chris,

That looks really nice... do you have more pictures by any chance?

Did you actually paint it the whole kit or did you just do the lining?

hi will have to get more pics I did very little painting, just a few small details nothing big mainly panel lined it. unfortunally, yes it can not hold the rifle very well, it is that way on most gundam with huge guns, Zeta' Hyper Launcher, Gouf Customs Gattling Gun both come to mind, it is a awesome kit, I definetly recommend it. I will add a few more pics tonight if I can.

ONe of my favorite gundam designs. I've seen a PG wing zero custom of this version before, are there resin upgrade parts available to convert the PG kit

unforunally there are no PG Resin kits conversion parts, probally a scartchbuild :( , I wish however.

Chris

looks like it is confirmned on hobby link japan that the Master Grade Rick Dias is coming out :) anyone else as happy as I am. also a 1/100 scale Astray Red Frame.... cool. All I need now are MG Victory Gundam , and F-90's & F-91's Bandai.

Excellent job on the model, Chris!!

I can't wait to add this to my collection. (Also want the STRIKE too!)

Here are some pics of the DIAS. :D

MG_RickDias.jpg

He's got the nicely articulated hands/fingers a la MG Dom.

I'm also intrigued at the side-to-side movement at the elbow....hmmmm...

Also,

http://aeug.blogspot.com/ has a rumor of the Freedom Gundam coming in the fall/winter.

zgmf-x10a.jpg

(MAHQ pic)

I would also like to see some F-91 suits show up (Den'ans and Bergas..).

And if they stick with some more Zeta....bring on THE O !!!! :rolleyes:

wow that is the first i have seen of the Rick Dias it looks very nice should be pretty big to, I have not heard about the Freedom yet, But I would not be surprised with the success of the MG Strike Gundam (another great kit) , I have heard rumors of another Zeta Gundam being released, Ver Ka. maybe???? you can see the picture on the 2004 Gundam models catalogue (I think that is what it is called), does any one know if this is true?

here are some other pics of the wing

Chris

here is a pic of the model catalogue, BTW they do show the Feedom Gundam on there I do not know if it is the MG verison . here is also the link can anyone confirm what verison the Zeta and Freedom are (MG, HGUC, etc...) ?

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?MDW22590

Edited by zeo-mare

is it just me or are most new gundam designs extremely backheavy? like tho 10 year olds that carry around 60 pound backpacks, when i was in gradeschool i weighed my backpack withall the stuff inside, about 57 pounds

I'd say that's less of a new thing than a Katoki thing. Think about the other designs he's done, for example, the stuff from sentinel, or Master Gundam from G, or any number of others. They often have big backpacks or wings.

yea you got that right about back heavy the EX-S is the worst , as you all probally know by now it needs the display stand , there is no way in hell that one is going to stand up on its own, the Wing Zero looks pretty back heavy but stands no problem really probally because the sheild and gun even it out in the front.

Chris

Excellent job on the model, Chris!!

I can't wait to add this to my collection. (Also want the STRIKE too!)

Here are some pics of the DIAS. :D

MG_RickDias.jpg

He's got the nicely articulated hands/fingers a la MG Dom.

I'm also intrigued at the side-to-side movement at the elbow....hmmmm...

(Watches MilkManX place his order on an MG Rick Dias.)

how poseable are the hands? i've wanted a Wing Gundam Kai since i've seen the Wing Zero Custom add-ons from b-club... it'd be nice if all the fingers moved much like they do on the MG Sazabi or this Rick-Dias pictured. it doesn't look like the fingers are very poseable though....they look a lot like the hands off my MG GP03S. also...is there any painting involved in it? (asking because of the different colors on the wings and the "antennas" on the sides of the head)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE TALLGEESE III IN MG GLORY :D

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

i've wanted a Wing Gundam Kai...

Ahem. It's Wing KA., not Wing KAI.

it'd be nice if all the fingers moved much like they do on the MG Sazabi or this Rick-Dias pictured.

It won't. The Wing Gundam Early Type (a.k.a. Wing ver Ka.)'s hands are too small to have individually posable fingers.

Besides, those huge hands are way overrated anyways. Too big to look nice, too small to work well.

it doesn't look like the fingers are very poseable though...

Standard MG fare. Nothing we haven't seen before.

...is there any painting involved in it? (asking because of the different colors on the wings and the "antennas" on the sides of the head)

Nope, no painting involved. Each of those colors on the sides of the heads are individually molded in color.

You know what that means, though. The head itself will consist of at least 11 pieces, 6 of which will be really, really small.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE TALLGEESE III IN MG GLORY :D

yea you got that right about back heavy the EX-S is the worst , as you all probally know by now it needs the display stand , there is no way in hell that one is going to stand up on its own, the Wing Zero looks pretty back heavy but stands no problem really probally because the sheild and gun even it out in the front.

Ex-S is back heavy because those are capital ship-grade boosters attached to it's back. The design is meant to get in, disrupt enemy lines, and get out. That's why it has fuel pods attached to its shoulders in Ex-S mode.

Also, Gundam Sentinel takes place entirely in space. Therefore, weight has no bearing on the design of the space use-only Ex-S Gundam. Calling it back heavy has no meaning, unless you have something against logical design.

I'd say that's less of a new thing than a Katoki thing. Think about the other designs he's done, for example, the stuff from sentinel, or Master Gundam from G, or any number of others. They often have big backpacks or wings.

Well, let's think about that. Master Gundam, Ex-S Gundam, S-Booster Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero Custom, Wing Gundam ver. Ka... versus Nobel Gundam, Temjin, GP03S, GM Type C, Zaku II F2, Tallgeese, Deathscythe ver. Ka, Sandrock ver. Ka, Devil Gundam, Taurus, Virgo, Mercurius, V Gundam, V2 Gundam... the list goes on.

Most of Katoki's designs aren't back heavy. It's the back heavy ones that people happen to find most notable--which says something in and of itself.

Edited by Terpfen

i know this is getting a little off topic but does anyone think there will be any other GW ver. KA MG releases? bandai should at least release Tallgeese III. I really want a Gundam Heavyarms ver. KA (as pictured below) to go with the Wing Gundam ver. KA

also, has anyone been to NetModelers lately? looks like the guys there have done some Gundam SEED kits...they look really nice too! i wish my Freedom looked remotely close to what they did with it

here's the link if you've never been to NetModelers....

http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/public_html/index.html

post-26-1081046674.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Well, let's think about that. Master Gundam, Ex-S Gundam, S-Booster Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero Custom, Wing Gundam ver. Ka... versus Nobel Gundam, Temjin, GP03S, GM Type C, Zaku II F2, Tallgeese, Deathscythe ver. Ka, Sandrock ver. Ka, Devil Gundam, Taurus, Virgo, Mercurius, V Gundam, V2 Gundam... the list goes on.

Most of Katoki's designs aren't back heavy. It's the back heavy ones that people happen to find most notable--which says something in and of itself.

Hang on a minute:

Nobel - Has large hair in the back

GP03S - Has boosters / wings on the back

GM Type C and Zaku F2 - Don't have a back heavy designs, because they are simply revisions of other designer's works

Tallgeese - Large back boosters

Deathscythe - large back-moun ted wings / active cloak

Sandrock - carries a pair of large swords on its back

Taurus, Virgo, etc - all have very large shoulders

V - true, lacks a back heavy design

V2 - wings

wow... a PG Wing Zero Ver.ka very nice, this was a scratch build on his part right? I do not recall seeing any B-club or 3rd party Converison kits. Wings look kinda small compared to the MG version, but very nice none the less.

Chris