Gaijin

KOF in 3D? Good or Bad?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. KOF in 3D? Good or Bad?

• Bravo! It's about time.
    • Blech! KOF should stay 2D
    • If the gameplay is good, I'll consider it
    • I don't care

I'm not impressed, will need to see a pic of Mai before I make my final decision. <_<

Based on the trailer I just saw, it looks like this version is going to have completely different characters. :(

I need to see actual gameplay vids before I even decide to pick this up.

Let's hope Arc System Works keeps Guilty Gear in 2D.

The next Guilty Gear game is supposed to be 3D (not talking about the X series).

And from a few pics I saw from this game.... Maximum Impact seems a bit too similar to DoA (artistically), and DoA is a mediocre fighting game.

Maximum Impact was only created because SCEA refuses to allow 2D games to be released in US (while in Japan, Sony has nothing against them). No wonder its exclusive, SOny is probably trying to save them the head ache of SNK fans completly abandoning the PS2 now that every single SNK release is getting an Xbox port.

i dont get why people think that everytihng has to be 3d these days, fighting games are no different in 3d except that now the players can shift left and right, and is it just me or are 3d fighters alot harder to actually land a hit than 2d fighters? seems if ur not perfectly centered on the perosn its an automatic miss

Actually Samurai Showdown 64 2 was pretty good. Only on the Neo Hyper 64 though. Not that wanna be PS port of it.

This though scares me.

It doesnt look that good and we all know the PS2 is a biotch to program for.

Is it me or the bios really weird? And what's with the weights! For big bad fighters, they should weigh very little, especially for how muscle cladded they are and the girl with her breast augmentation... or maybe that's a puch up bra? Nah.

vinnie

Excellent! No one is happy about the 3D KOF.

I spoke too soon...now we have one. Speak up 3D lover!!! :D

I don't mind 3d fighting games...if they're Virtua Fighter 4.

Edited by Gaijin

Maximum Impact was only created because SCEA refuses to allow 2D games to be released in US (while in Japan, Sony has nothing against them). No wonder its exclusive, SOny is probably trying to save them the head ache of SNK fans completly abandoning the PS2 now that every single SNK release is getting an Xbox port.

But Capcom doesn`t think as SCEA because Capcom is BRINGING STREET FIGHTER III to the states :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?pa...p(que)id=102906

If the link doesn`t work then here what it says :

Tuesday 30th March 2004

EXCLUSIVE: AMAZING STREET FIGHTER BUNDLE SET FOR US!

Hyper Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III: Third Strike set for twin release! Sonic boom!

14:58 Stunning news for US Street Fighter fans today, as sources reveal Capcom US is finalising the details of an amazing bundle for the US market. Ha-do-ken!

Hyper Street Fighter II is already confirmed for release in Europe this May, set for release at an irresistible budget price of £19.99 with the full 1994 anime movie: Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie thrown in for free. Spinning bird kick!

US sources have revealed to us that Capcom has different plans for the North American market, however, with Hyper Street Fighter II set to be bundled with Street Fighter III: Third Strike, the last title in the Street Fighter III series. Tiger uppercut!

This does not affect the plans for Europe, with a spokesperson for Capcom Europe confirming: "Hyper Street Fighter II will release in this territory with the anime movie as planned." With regard to the US release, the spokesperson said: "That's a US matter and I can't comment on it." Tatsu-maki-sen-pu-kyaku!

Hyper Street Fighter II is the anniversary compilation of the genre-defining, still-as-good-as-ever, fighting franchise that started the combo-obsessed beat-'em-up craze as we know it today. The bundle features five classic Street Fighter games including the brilliant original SFII and Super Street Fighter II. Yoga flame!

Already out in Japan and set for Europe on May 28, US gamers needn't feel left out now the game is heading to their territory. Our source could not confirm when Capcom US plans to make an official announcement but we'll keep you posted. Sho-ryu-ken!

I hope this is an April Fools joke, but sadly it is probably real. My gut instinct was to hit the "If the Gameplay is good" choice in the poll, but it only took one look at the website to know that this game has already lost a lot of what made KoF what it is.

Interesting, well drawn character designs, replaced with crappy, generic looking CG models? I'll pass.

But Capcom doesn`t think as SCEA because Capcom is BRINGING STREET FIGHTER III to the states :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?pa...p(que)id=102906

Its funny because... it doesn't really matter. No game is released without SCEAs approval. If the bundle is being released... is because Sony approved it. Capcom can't simply will a game to be released.... its SCEA that decides everything. Thats how things work now, and thats how things worked back in the SNES and NES days. Thats why Nintendo got such a bad rep back then.

And remember.... simply because SCEA is stopping all matters of 2D games, doesn't mean every 2D game will not be released in the US. Remember... SCEA disaproved every single SNK PS2 game in the US... and yet they let that KOF bundle be released in the US.

I think the key word there is bundle. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!