Dragon Wings 1/72 F-16 problems

Prowlus

I know some of you guys must have picked up the dragon wings warbirds series of diecast fighter planes so heres my question . How the heck do you put the little pilot into his machine ? I've got the f-16 replica and the pilot that comes with the aircraft just keeps on popping out of his place and putting preassure on the canopy If only he was made out of abs plastic instead of rubber like the yamato valk pilots than i wouldn't have had this problem

I tried everything, and the pilots just won' fit in well. If you take tweezers and REALLY smush them in, if you ever try to take them out, they'll catch and pull the instruments panels and the stickers. Best to just leave them out. (Yes, it means pilot-less planes when "in flight" on a stand, but that's better than a damaged cockpit)

If they're made of plastic, then do what I did to make the Hasegawa pilots fit into my Low Viz.

heat em ever so slightly and bend their legs how they would need to be to keep them from popping up.

I also had to sand some of the fat American asses off of the Hase pilots so they more closely resembled Hikaru's nice skinny little tush. :rolleyes:

heat em ever so slightly and bend their legs how they would need to be to keep them from popping up.

Haven't gotten any of these yet but I remember finding them on the web and they looked pretty good.

Anyway, just wondering what you recommend for heating them? I imagine boiling water would be safest if it works.

Haven't gotten any of these yet but I remember finding them on the web and they looked pretty good.

Anyway, just wondering what you recommend for heating them? I imagine boiling water would be safest if it works.

You could do that I suppose, but if you have a micro torch, or just a candle, it works just as well.

Just make sure you hold them way up away from the flame, about 1-2 seconds about 3 inches up in the heat funnel should do the trick.

Or you could sand off some of their big fat American asses :lol: .

Hairdryers work pretty good. ;)

You sadists! Isn't this against the Geneva convention or something?

All this talk of putting military pilots in boiling water or using micro-torches on them, you better be prepared to face the war crimes tribunal. :lol:

Graham :p

and remember, saying you were following orders is no defense.... :lol::p

That picture sums up the main problem with my one totally :D

R.T.T do you know wheres the landing brake on you model ? I've decided to put a picture up of my f-16 showing off the various problems i'm suffering hope this will be a better visual aide for people who want to buy something similar

post-26-1080658391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prowlus

Prowlus:

The Dragon F-16 speed brakes are removable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retracting Head Ter Ter:

I have had a problem with the F-18 speed brake staying in the down position I fixed it by using a product I use for my Christmas village called tacky war. It is made buy department 56 and leaves no residue and will not discolor or remove paint. I also use the wax to secure the people figures I display along with my die-cast planes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found 1/72 model kit pilots work great for my Dragon F-16’s, & F/A-18’s

The plastic pilots work great you can sculpt them if they fit tight, and they are not that hard to paint.

post-26-1080730718_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham