Don Figueroa's Jetfire for Dreamwave comics

Chuey

Call me crazy, but I actually like Don Figueroa's interpretation of Jetfire for the Transformers: Generation One (ongoing series). When I first heard that Jetfire was returning to the comics, I thought it would just be a variation of Skyfire due to the design copyright issue with Macross. When I saw the preview cover for issue #3, I thought that I was correct.

tgc.jpg

However in the last page of issue # 2, you see an image of a Jetfire that resembles a valkyrie battleoid. While I do not have an image of that, here is the first two pages of issue # 3 to give you a better idea.

tg1.jpg

tg2.jpg

If you pick-up the book, the explanation for his appearance seems to go something along the lines of Dreamwave's Ultra Magnus. In his generic look, Jetfire looks like he does in the cartoon and Marvel comic book (ala Skyfire). When he puts on certain armor (ie FAST packs), he looks more like a valkyrie fighter.

The VF-1S head is a helmet he wears sometimes.

Pretty sweet looking actually with those red pseudo-fast packs added on as well.

anymore pics? i wouln't have the slightest idea how to look this up on google.

btw, i lilke this too, THIS is the way to do a tribute.

Edited by KingNor

I tried hunting earlier but couldn't find anymore pics. All that can be done it seems is someone scan the pages he's in.

I think he looks cool. Its like a homage to the toys that came out while trying to keep them looking like G1 at the same time. Althought his FASTpacks are all messed up sometimes.

Transfans tend to be a neurotic bunch. Have anyone told you about the "Nightbird is/isn't sentient" debate?

No, but if it's anything like the other Transfan Horror Storiesâ„¢ you've told me then I'm scared to hear about it. :blink:

I'm with you, BSU...

I'm far too scared to know exactly what keeps Transfans up at night...

But even an 11-year old me was somewhat put off by the complete difference between Skyfire the cartoon character and the snub nosed VF-1S sold to me as Jetfire. Maybe they were supposed to be retarded cousins?

It was kinda like turning on the Dukes of Hazzard one day and finding those assclowns Coy and Vance sitting in the General Lee. That's not Bo and Luke! WTF?

And yes, everything... everything relates to television I watched in the 80s. :p

I suppose so....but was this really an issue that kept Transfans awake at night?  :huh:

Transfans tend to be a neurotic bunch. Have anyone told you about the "Nightbird is/isn't sentient" debate?

Pfft. That's nothing compared to the debates we Macross/Robotech fans can get ourselves wrapped up in :D

anymore pics? i wouln't have the slightest idea how to look this up on google.

btw, i lilke this too, THIS is the way to do a tribute.

With the few pictures that I found, I typed "Don Figueroa" and "Jetfire". Also Transformers: Generation One (ongoing series) #3, just came out last week so a few comic and Transformer websites have a preview of it. The fuller picture of Jetfire should be on the last page of issue # 2.

Edited by Chuey

it was a pretty neat issue. they kind of addressed the whole armour issue and why you dont see it in the g1 tv series.

now i only wish i knew what the heck is going on story wise. i guess i'm just slow but i've been lost since the middle of the volume1. same with armada and war within. i just look at the pretty pictures.

I just hope for Dreamwave and Hasbros sake that HG doesnt try to make a stink of this.

I wouldnt put it past those jerks though.

;)

It's not like they directly copied the fast packs and the S-head helmet. Each were modified, so it wouldn't be worth HG's time to try to raise a stink. The irony would be amazing though.