Yammie Koenig Monster proto Rumor

warrhead

I just checked and my review of the Bandai 1/55 VF-1J Hikaru re-issue was published on Macrossworld on December 30th 2001.

Graham

Graham,

Thank you for verifying that your review was not posted (3) years ago. ;) It's really a moot point though as to when it was though, but that your review did cause quite a stir.

Blaine23,

Yes, that's right, it was George Sohn. The name doesn't really matter though, the story is the same. All I remembered was an Americanized name followed by an Asian one, which both of them share. That was indeed an interesting time, and just goes to show how long some of us have been around.

wwwmwww,

With regard to keeping the thread on track, I'm a little confused regarding the so called "rumor" we are discussing, which Graham is so sure of that he is willing to bet against someone offering their home. ;)

What do we know at this point? From what I've read, (3) different VB-6 1/144 were shown at a Anime Convention held in China/Japan/Singapore/etc. The makers of the kits according to you are: Studio Half Eye, someone named "Chris"(?), and (?). Apparently there was some type of contest, and even though (3) different versions were created, the contest was never concluded?

The pictures you posted are of the (3) completed kits from the January 2001 issue, but no winner was ever decided and the kits were not released, and the matter has been dead for over (3) years.

Now someone sighted a Konig Monster at the aforementioned convention, and it's presence has been subscribed to Yamato, because it was at their display stand?

We do not know if the kit shown was one of the (3) 1/144 kits shown above, the 1/100 IHP, another resin kit, or a prototype Yamato toy.

The 1/144 kits are actually a separate discussion as to "what" was shown at the Anime Convention, because no one has heard or seen of them since January 2001? And finally, nobody can locate pictures of the alleged VB-6, verify if it was something old or new, or provide any additional information at this time.

Graham who no longer gets much if any information from Yamato is so sure of the rumor that he cannot post any comments, and jokingly accepted a bet that a VB-6 toy is in the works?

I hope I summed up everything as I understand it, and look forward to any clarification of what I posted.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

The makers of the kits according to you are: Studio Half Eye, someone named "Chris"(?), and (?).  Apparently there was some type of contest, and even though (3) different versions were created, the contest was never concluded?

No. I was trying to correct the point stated that one one these was Studio HalfEye. It was NOT. The three makers are:

(1) L-Trans-R

(2) I.H.P

(3) Chris

Studio HalfEye and Yellow Sub sponsered the contest but they did NOT make the kits.

The pictures you posted are of the (3) completed kits from the January 2001 issue, but no winner was ever decided and the kits were not released, and the matter has been dead for over (3) years.

Correct.

Now someone sighted a Konig Monster at the aforementioned convention, and it's presence has been subscribed to Yamato, because it was at their display stand?

This has been stated. I don't know if ANY Konig Monster was on display at this convention. I'll believe it when I see pictures. If there was one there surely someone photographed it. If there are no pictures I have sersious reservations about what was or wasn't there.

We do not know if the kit shown was one of the (3) 1/144 kits shown above, the 1/100 IHP, another resin kit, or a prototype Yamato toy.

I think you are getting ahead of the game. I'll need proof there was ANY Konig Monster there before I worry too much about which one it was. I was just wanting to correct some misinformation that was posted in this thread about the number of Konig Monster kits in existence.

That said... IF (that's a big if) there was a Konig Monster at this convention my money would be on it being your 5th option. The rest was just to correct some misinformation. Understand?

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Carl,

Thank you, we are definitely on the same page, and I appreciate you taking the time to post information regarding the (3) 1/144 VB-6 Konig Monsters.

I just wanted to recap what had been discussed so far, and like you, I won't believe it until I see pictures or read a report from a reliable source.

So, in essence, IHP has created (2) separate VB-6 kits:

1.) 1/100 VB-6, which Valkyrie is currently recasting

2.) 1/144 VB-6

We know the 1/100 VB-6 was released in such a quantity as to wear out the molds, or at the very least materially deteriorate.

I suppose we do not know if more than one of the 1/144 IHP version was ever produced, because there is no evidence to indicate otherwise. The same holds true for the L-Trans-R, and Chris version apparently.

LSB,

I suppose that it is perhaps presumptive to assume that if Yamato was planning to make a VB-6 toy, whether they would start from scratch, or as you mentioned "take the best from each model." Yamato would have to have access to all (3) 1/144 versions to evaluate them, and that is assuming that 1/144 is the scale that they would even choose to go with. Due to some of the intrinsic differences between a toy, and a resin display model, I'm sure quite a few changes would be required. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Unfortunately this Yammie Koenig doesn't seem to be more than a rumor. Another case of the "I know a guy who has seen this" and we know well where this ends…

We are trying to hang on hope here, but by this time we would have a picture, or at least another witness who was at the show. There's no gun here, just the smoke.

Thank you, we are definitely on the same page, and I appreciate you taking the time to post information regarding the (3) 1/144 VB-6 Konig Monsters.

Thanks. They are all great kits in my opinion. I wish I had all three. I also wish I knew who Chris was. A variable VB-6 doesn't strike me as something you make as a first kit. Could Chris = D'Stance? I just don't know.

So, in essence, IHP has created (2) separate VB-6 kits:

1.) 1/100 VB-6, which Valkyrie is currently recasting

2.) 1/144 VB-6

Correct... I.H.P made the 1/100 kit because he wasn't happy with or wasn't able to make the 1/144 kit quite the kit he wanted to make, so he decided to move everything to 1/100 before making his kit available on his own. I.H.P did have access to all three 1/144 kits so you might assume he pulled features he liked from the others and added them to his 1/100 kit. How much if that was done I don't know.

We know the 1/100 VB-6 was released in such a quantity as to wear out the molds, or at the very least materially deteriorate.

Well based on the I.H.P kits I've seen first hand I say I.H.P is a much better kit maker then he is a mold maker. I was told he brought 8 kits to sell at the WF these were offered at and to my knowledge those are the only ones he's made.

I suppose we do not know if more than one of the 1/144 IHP version was ever produced, because there is no evidence to indicate otherwise.  The same holds true for the L-Trans-R, and Chris version apparently.

Correct... I have no reason to believe molds were ever even made of any of these kits. I have no idea where they are now. L-Trans-R hasn't been heard from since and I have no real clue who Chris is other then I know D'Stance was wanting to work on a VB-6 kit and they certainly have the skill to.

Yamato would have to have access to all (3) 1/144 versions to evaluate them, and that is assuming that 1/144 is the scale that they would even choose to go with.  Due to some of the intrinsic differences between a toy, and a resin display model, I'm sure quite a few changes would be required. ;)

Yamato might not need access to the three 1/144 kits. Their designer already has had that access. And I doubt they'd assume they'd be stuck with the 1/144 scale if they did want to pull elements from these kits. But as you say since we are talking about a toy I'm sure there will be MANY needed differences between it and any of the models.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Unfortunately this Yammie Koenig doesn't seem to be more than a rumor. Another case of the "I know a guy who has seen this" and we know well where this ends…

We are trying to hang on hope here, but by this time we would have a picture, or at least another witness who was at the show. There's no gun here, just the smoke.

Unfortunately this Yammie Koenig doesn't seem to be more than a rumor.

I'd say work on those reading between the lines skills a bit more.

Another case of the "I know a guy who has seen this" and we know well where this ends…

That's true of rather a Yamato VB-6 was shown at this con or not. I still have my own doubts as well. As to rather a Yamato VB-6 is in the works or not I think its another case altogether...

Something certainly is making all this smoke,

Carl

Well based on the I.H.P kits I've seen first hand I say I.H.P is a much better kit maker then he is a mold maker. I was told he brought 8 kits to sell at the WF these were offered at and to my knowledge those are the only ones he's made.

It was more a matter of mold quality that lead to the molds' quich demise. Not excessive casting.

First, the quality of the mold material seems to be rather low. I found a decent sized chunk of the stuff in one of the parts. It was a rather hard silicone (I'd venture to guess a 50A durometer rating), and it seemed to be rather prone to tearing.

Also, I'm guessing that because of the molds' rather poor design, there were a lot of botched casts (which go a long way in shortening a mold's life). So I'm thinking it's very possible that there really are only 8 of these kits in existance. Which kinda amazes me, considering I have one of them in my basement right now :)

BTW, has anyone dare mention the "pt" words, yet? 

You know........PERFECT TRANSFORMATION!!!!

Gotta figure a PERFECT TRANSORMATION vs. PLUG & PLAY will get this thread as least another 1/2 dozen pages of debating!!!

Funny thing is, I mentioned it in my second or third posting in this thread, and no one took the bait!!!

i guess pefect transformation is cool but to me its of MUCH more importance on a valk than a destroid. if you really want to see the heat build up, mention perfect transformation and 1/55 vs 1/60 thread from 3 years back LOL. People think we are tense now, they aint seen NOTHIN! Hell people started flaming graham for his chunky monkey review as well! we were WAY more tense back then!

Guilty as charged... I was one of the biggest whiners about the 1/60 when imperfect TF was first announced. It's still just as important to me now, I just keep it to myself more, and vote with my wallet. But, yeah, I DO want this thing to perfect TF.

I wonder if the master is still in existence somewhere....

Of the 1:100 kit? I'm sure it is... getting your hands on it though I'd guess at being next to impossible. Masters in this business tend to hang around for a very long time and are very very rarely sold. The example of the Monocraft Legioss and Tread kit springs to mind. NewType bought the master to that kit and that is what was used to make their own Legioss and Tread kit. The master isn't in great shape and some parts were rebuilt which is why the two kits aren't identical but they are both made from the same master. I tried to buy that master a couple of years ago but NewType wasn't interested in selling it. Back to the master for the 1:100 kit. I'm sure I.H.P still has it but I'm also rather sure he'd never sell it and if he even wanted to I suspect Yamato might not be too happy about it.

Carl

Yamato seem to drop and start projects like a particualry unhinged modeller. :p

FM

It would be nice to finish certain existing projects.

FM

Like the upcoming YF-19FP..........?

FM

Like the upcoming YF-19FP..........?

Yep.

And also the regular Monster, which too was slated for last year with no word since, even though I had no solid plans to buy it.

Primary concern is still the damn -19.

Edited by Anubis

You know... considering that Yamato has put our 3 different 19's... and we've never seen the sculpt... why get hung up on it?

To me, a variable Monster (at a reasonable size) is much more interesting news.

Seriously, with all this anticipation, I'd say the first pics of the YF-19 FP is going to be one major bitchfest on this board. There's no way it can live up to all this hype.

Seriously, with all this anticipation, I'd say the first pics of the YF-19 FP is going to be one major bitchfest on this board. There's no way it can live up to all this hype.

I bet ya it'll cause a ruckus in this boards.

Seriously, with all this anticipation, I'd say the first pics of the YF-19 FP is going to be one major bitchfest on this board.  There's no way it can live up to all this hype.

As long as it's better than Yamato's and Bandai's previous 19's, I'm game.

Seriously, with all this anticipation, I'd say the first pics of the YF-19 FP is going to be one major bitchfest on this board.  There's no way it can live up to all this hype.

As long as it's better than Yamato's and Bandai's previous 19's, I'm game.

I'm bettin' on it.

I think it is a plausible explanation that (after seeing the prototype pics from whatever convention it was shown at), Yamato may very well have decided to either halt production or, as some have stated, work on other projects. Let's face it. That thing will not be cheap when it comes out. Furthermore, think of the import cost on that item. It's not going to be small. Yamato probably isn't prepared to take a hit on selling it.

I think it is a plausible explanation that (after seeing the prototype pics from whatever convention it was shown at), Yamato may very well have decided to either halt production or, as some have stated, work on other projects. Let's face it. That thing will not be cheap when it comes out. Furthermore, think of the import cost on that item. It's not going to be small. Yamato probably isn't prepared to take a hit on selling it.

That a good take on it Impreszive!