Original Macross Series at Blockbuster

Prime

I was at Blockbuster the other day and low and behold I stumbled across the first three disks of the original Macross series. I guess they have about the first 12 episodes or so. Needless to say I rented them and have just started on the first disk.

This is my first time seeing the original series, so I'm pretty excited :)

I was just surprised to see it there is all. I was under the impression it was still fairly rare in North America...

I was at Blockbuster the other day and low and behold I stumbled across the first three disks of the original Macross series. I guess they have about the first 12 episodes or so. Needless to say I rented them and have just started on the first disk.

This is my first time seeing the original series, so I'm pretty excited :)

I was just surprised to see it there is all. I was under the impression it was still fairly rare in North America...

I'm very surprised.

I figure they saw the picture/description in the cataloge and thought "It's just Robotech", and skip over it altogether.

Or it's possible there's a Macross fan who works there.

Back home when I was in high school our Blockbuster had a pretty good anime section before it was popular, simply because the store manager was an anime fan.

Actually, I have a friend that runs a Blockbuster and he tells me that they have no say in what they stock. It's all decided at corperate HQ. It's more likely that your Blockbuster had a good anime section because of the rental records.

I first saw them at my local Blockbuster 2 months ago. My GF and the other couple with us couldn't understand why my jaw was almost touching the floor. I didn't rent them, cause I was already in the process of buying them. But, good news for Macross fans in my region.

Actually, I have a friend that runs a Blockbuster and he tells me that they have no say in what they stock. It's all decided at corperate HQ. It's more likely that your Blockbuster had a good anime section because of the rental records.

Your friend is half full of crap. They can stock just about anything that's in their system, they just have to special order it first. Trick is, if they won't order it for rent, have them order it for you for sale, then don't pick it up. Walk in a month later & ask if they have it for rent, then swindle them into making it a rental :) You can't do it too often, but I have a friend who's pulled it off at a videostore or two...

Edited by Keith

Well, that's kind of surprising since he was able to take mine, and other's, suggestions and usually get them in stock.

The corporate HQ doesn't sit around and figure out the stats foe each and every store, and then pick the movies. The Store Manager (at least back then) had a lot of say in what movies should be available in their store, because the store managaer is the HQ's "link" to what customers have requested.

Just after this Christmas, I've also seen the SDF Macross three disk sets available for about $60 a piece at A&B Sound (think it's just Canada). I've also been to another city and seen the same, so it looks like all their stores are carrying it. Very cool.

man all my blockbuster has is the original robotech vhs in japaneese

??

Double ??

The funny thing is my local comic shop has the Macross series set for about $200 cdn, which is pretty rich my blood, especially since I hadn't seen it up until now. It was strange being able to watch the first three disks for about $10.

After what I watched so far, I really don't think I'll pick up that full set for that price. I love the show and it has been great to watch, but the animation is really bad in some parts by today's standards.

It has still been great to watch though...