List the most ugliest Transformer toys out there?

As a person who collected Transformers in his youth, I must agree with the naysayers of G1 toys. They chewed crotch. Comparing them to any of the newer TF toys that I've seen (and I'll admit I'm no expert), it's really no comparison at all...the newer toys are far superior. Of G1, Jetfire and Optimus Prime were the only Transformers I ever liked because they were the few that actually had a decent level of articulation. Jetfire and Optimus transformed into robots...not statues :)

Edited by Mr March

Most of the newer TF lines have totaly missed what I always liked about the originals. I liked most of the early G1 transformers becasue their vehicle modes looked good. (just don't look at the bottom of the Decepticon jets) Later on in G1 they started getting those ugly visible hinges, and the plastic wheels they put on them weren't too pretty either. There haven't been too many TF lines since that had good looking vehicles. Unless you were familiar with the toy line, the early TFs were easily mistaken as being just toy cars. Thats what I like about the Alternators. You can have it sitting on your desk in car form, and unless they look really close, people will think it's a regular display piece, like a model, or die cast car.

There's been one newer series of TFs that I've seen that had decent vehicle modes. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the line. (I've seen a Viper and a Diablo from it, and I belive that Prime was a fire truck) All the others I've seen have the same problem that the late G1s had. They don't go to too much trouble to conceal the fact that it's really a toy robot, or the vehicle is some flight of fancy, instead of trying to emulate something in real life, and they look pretty clunky in both forms. I'm not any more fond of the later G1s (G1 1/2?) than I am of the newer iterations that have come out.

The Beast Wars and Beat Machines lines never held any interest for me, so I have no idea how well made they are. I just don't care about Transformers that turn into animals. (with the exception of a few I've seen that turn into stylized robotic animals)

As a person who collected Transformers in his youth, I must agree with the naysayers of G1 toys.  They chewed crotch.  Comparing them to any of the newer TF toys that I've seen (and I'll admit I'm no expert), it's really no comparison at all...the newer toys are far superior.  Of G1, Jetfire and Optimus Prime were the only Transformers I ever liked because they were the few that actually had a decent level of articulation.  Jetfire and Optimus transformed into robots...not statues :)

Nanda tho????....I outta unleash this on ya...

OptimusPrime.jpg

Edited by SupremeKaioshin

Prime was a firetruck in the "Robots in Disguise" lineup, if that's the one you're referring to.

I really started hating transformers around G2 when they started going with the philosophy of "most transformation with the fewest parts moved"... 2 things moved and you've switched the transformer from one mode to the other (Wheelie is a prime example of this...and the list goes on)

Your somewhat correct, but the quality? God, I was at Target tonight and I was REALLY disgusted with the quality of those new Energon/Universe/Alternator TF's. Sure, they might have better transformation, but they're sooo cheap! Nothing's better than the old G1 toys. Hell, I'd take Broadside over alot of those newer TF toys.

Then again, what do you expect from toys priced at $9.99 to $20.00. The G1 TF's priced at $30+ and above MISB.

http://www.scrambledcity.com/TFad/Rkive.html

Those are ads from back in the day. The original Transformers were cheap too, it's just the reissues that are priced high. And let's not forget how some of the original Autobot cars had an undocumented third mode if you made one mistake: the convertable, as you snap off the roof. And of course, Mirage occasionally broke in half. And Ironhide and Ratchet, well, sucked.

As for "Paint a brick with a bus on one side and a 2D robot painting on the other and voila! Instant TF," they did something like that in G1. His name was Broadside. :p

I always wonder why can't the toy for Ironhide to look like in the cartoon series?

It look so different and ugly...

They made Ironhide look like he does as a toy in the comics..

In this issue only - the very next time you see him, he was cartoonified.

this is kind of related:

10 Worst transformers ever!

"I don't recall seeing much of Wheelie after the movie. That gave me the opportunity to pretend he met a death so gruesome and vicious that they couldn't even show it on television. So yeah, the plus side is that Wheelie, conceivably, could be dead."

:D

this is kind of related:

"I don't recall seeing much of Wheelie after the movie. That gave me the opportunity to pretend he met a death so gruesome and vicious that they couldn't even show it on television. So yeah, the plus side is that Wheelie, conceivably, could be dead."

Who ever made that list is an idiot.

Back to the topic...feast your optics on this:

override1.jpg

this is kind of related:

Bah! Hot Rod will always be number one on that list. He got in Primes fight and indirectly kills him, and he sucked as a leader.

Nope, that was Bumblejumper.

Bumblebee can be red or yellow, and Cliffjumper can be red or yellow. On TV they were consistent, but toys---all mixed up. Red Bumblebee is just that, red Bumblebee. Same for a yellow Cliffjumper.

However, there is a toy which is neither Cliffjumper nor Bumblebee's mold--Bumblejumper. I think it may only come in yellow, not both.

::edit:: Nope, comes in red too. And apparently even blue!

http://www.toyarchive.com/Diaclone/Microma...perRedMIB1.html

Edited by David Hingtgen

this is kind of related:

Bah! Hot Rod will always be number one on that list. He got in Primes fight and indirectly kills him, and he sucked as a leader.

What about Megatron?

Nope, that was Bumblejumper.

Bumblebee can be red or yellow, and Cliffjumper can be red or yellow. On TV they were consistent, but toys---all mixed up. Red Bumblebee is just that, red Bumblebee. Same for a yellow Cliffjumper.

However, there is a toy which is neither Cliffjumper nor Bumblebee's mold--Bumblejumper. I think it may only come in yellow, not both.

::edit:: Nope, comes in red too. And apparently even blue!

http://www.toyarchive.com/Diaclone/Microma...perRedMIB1.html

It says that he is a Familia 1500 XG. Familia is a Mazda car. Like the Protoge5 car is really a Mazda Famila Wagon.

Jsut in case people were wondering what kind of car he is.

front.JPG