Newbie Intro

danth

What's up folks?

I'm a looooong time Macross/Robotech fan. I used to come to this site a while back but I got out of Macross for a while. Ever since I bought Smoke Screen from the Transformers Alternators line a few weeks ago, I've been back on the Japanese robot kick.

Just wanted to intoduce myself before I start posting.

And if anybody wants to unload some HiCompact or HiComical Bandai valks, I'm your man!

Robot?

Did I studder? :mellow:

Ha ha ha. No, really, I know valks aren't actual "robots" (they're not automated), but valks are generally considered "robot toys" by people who collect more than just Macross.

Wicked Ace:

Yeah, I know all about that. Actually it was the anti-Robotech bigots who soured this place for me the first time around. But I'm not here to appease jerks. If certain people can't understand that I (and about half of Macross fans in the US I'd wager) grew up on Robotech, then that's just too bad for them. It wouldn't be fair to deny me my nostalgia now would it? :D

I'm pretty sure you guys are half joking about the Robotech thing anyway. Half joking...

Thanks for the warm welcome! Time to go to the Models forum and beg for some Bandai SD kits.

I'm pretty sure you guys are half joking about the Robotech thing anyway. Half joking...

Actually everybody here is quite serious about it. In fact, I remember the last RT talking newbie; we all threatened him, over the internet, to have our dads beat up his dad.