Xenosaga II

Which type of character design you like?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of character design you like?

• Xenosaga I (Anime like)
    • Xenosaga II (More life like....like FFX)

Xenosaga 1, no question. I'm very partial to redheads. And now Shion's like a Japanese girl who dunked her hair in henna...

And I much preferred KOS-MOS' original design, too. Tatooed forehead not nearly as good as the visor. And being an adult doesn't work as well with the whole "naive android" thing.

I think the biggest issue however, is that they no longer fit. Look at all the other characters--they were changed *very* little, if at all. That just looks weird, when some characters all of a sudden look like they're from a different series. (That's a gripe of mine in anime, too---when some characters are "realistic" while others are as deformed-cartoony as it gets---keep it the same, one way or the other)

It'd be like having FF9, but then sticking Tidus in. A dozen SD people walking around, then a "real" person shows up on screen.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I don't really care for either design, not to worried about it though. I found Xenosaga extremely boring. I loved Xenogears though and still count it as one of my favorite games that I still play. In fact Xenosaga bored and upset me so much that I broke out Xenogears and played that instead. I don't really expect much from Xenosaga 2 other then even longer and better looking cut scenes.

I still trying to find someone to play the game but tape it at the same time. That way I can just watch without haviing to push buttons once in a while or be bother by the dumb battles so I can just sit back and enjoy the movie that is Xenosaga.

I liked both Gears and Saga. Lotsa cut scenes in Saga, but I enjoyed the story so I didn't mind at all. I like the new character designs in II, though I do agree with the idea that if you change the looks to older looking, it should be done with all of them.

While I really like the new designs, I think Shion was a lot cuter in the first one....

They probably should have stuck with the originals... that or redo the first. Consistency is good in video games....

While I really like the new designs, I think Shion was a lot cuter in the first one....

They probably should have stuck with the originals... that or redo the first. Consistency is good in video games....

I agree....i think the Shion in 1st episode is more sexier... :p:p:p

Don't like either.

I am a big anime fan and is always drawn towards Japanese character designs. While some of the environment in Xenosaga Ep1 is pretty cool, the proportion of the characters are quite odd when presented in 3D form. The face may look cute on the ladies, but their bodies looked too small for their age, yet they have very well-developed chest. The men on the other side have almost too realistic proportions, like the begining FMV with the archeologist, the workers, and many male characters you encounter in game. Character designs really looked out of place when all put together.

The pics of Ep2 seem a bit more appropriate, but really is a wrong move to change the design that drastically when it is a trilogy game. Very very bad. As if seeing Peter Jackson recast almost everybody in Lord of the Rings in Two Towers..... <_<

I love Xenogears, and love the 2D character designs the most out of these. Heck, I even got the Japanese artbook. :D With the style and 2D presentation, those designs totally work! And I thought the director of Xenogears were not happy with how Xenogears turned out, so that he can remake the true form of his game. Turned out Xenosaga is not even good enough to last 10 hours for me. It did bored me quite a bit until I stopped. On the other hand, I played through Xenogears and loved it a lot.

Hmmmm I dunno I sorta like ep II's better dunno why I really like Shion's and MOMO's better but KOS-MOS looks well... creepy all "realified" but whatever.

Should have kept the characters like Xenogears kick ass looking :D

Personally I hope that Ep. II os much longer then Ep. I and there is more exploration instead of walk to this screen tlak for an hour walk to next etc. But since they are on a planet it'll be all good now.

• 4 weeks later...