help id yet more crap if you don't mind

kanata67

I've been involved in aquiring all sorts of stuff from a particular individual for some time now. Kinda like buying a complete collection but the guy has sooooooo much stuff I can't even imagine how spoiled his kids were. Yep... same guy I got the 100+ die-cast destroids from. After I nabbed everything robotech he had we moved on to battletech and warhammer. He knows I like customs so he sends me anything that might be of interest [ie look cool glued to something else :rolleyes: ]. Basically the type of guy who has way to much cool crap and can't bear to toss it... IE me in 50 years LOL. I was expecting 3 cubic feet of 80's space lego's but I guess I'm a payment behind or just lost track. Anyways... I scored a bunch more of the die-cast star wars vehicles, more warhammer, about a billion small soldiers and fortress america figs, a ton of small plastic fighters, die-cast fighters, misc parts, 40+ dental tools, etc in this shipment.

In one of the boxes in a box was tucked some macross figs I am unfamilier with. He described them as "plastic battletech things you had to assemble, slightly larger than the lead figs already sent"... which I took to mean the slightly larger plastic molds of the newer mecha. That is not what I got though. These are kits of some sort that actually have metal screws here and there and are articulate. I've never messed much with the smaller kits so I was wondering if these are the nimicho kits or something else entirely. I'd think they were nimicho based on the size comparison to the 1/144 destroid I have in the pics for reference, but I have never seen a nimicho soltyic/dourgam/zeus/whatever the hell the things in the pics are. So here we go with the pics.

here is a pic of some of the die-cast fighters that I got this shipment. The smaller ones are labeled but I have no idea what the black thing that looks like the proposed space shuttle is or the large fighter next to it. I have a number of each not in the picture and am curious.

a box of planes [smaller scale than the prior] of which I again have no clue. Anybody have an idea? I've also got a bunch of planes even smaller than these which look the right scale for my forthcoming custom sdf-1. sooo many planes... anybody into dioramas who need parts out there?

The Macross stuff IMHO are Nichimo 1/200 assembled kits.

The Disc shaped things are clearly Enterprises from the Original TV series.

BTWL: that guy is totally crazy!!! I've never seen so many Enterprises toghther not to mention the viggen die cast fighters or the rest of the stuff... too much for my poor mind to comprehend..

here is a pic of some of the die-cast fighters that I got this shipment. The smaller ones are labeled but I have no idea what the black thing that looks like the proposed space shuttle is or the large fighter next to it. I have a number of each not in the picture and am curious.

80 design demostration of stealth aircraft it designation was F-119 i beleave. (i had that diecast toy once and a foam plane that flew)

the other one is an f-4

Edited by buddhafabio

Yup. All I see in the last picture are Saucer section and nacelles from the Constitution Class USS Enterprise's (pre-refit).

Ahh, no, see how those saucer sections only have one nacelle attached?.

That would be a Hermes/Saladin class ship. These were documented in the original Franz Josef Technical Manual released in 1975.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/saladin.jpg

Off hand, if those Star Trek ships are abpit 1 - 1/5 inches long, they look like the old figures that they used to sell for game play with the old Star Fleet Battles strategy game from the early 80's.

EDIT - looking again, that's definitely what they are.

Edited by Mechamaniac

The last bin can't be just the enterprise-a.... you can see some saucers with the nacelles attached directly, and some with the sensor dish attached, some with the engineer deck attached directly... a la the Miranda maybe? Either way, I'm sure in that bin you'll find almost every other ship from the original Star Trek, and maybe even more...

here's another pic of some of the other mechs...

The 2 mechs to the RIGHT of the Defender are a T-10 BLOCKHEAD & F4X HASTY from Combat Armor DOUGRAM.

post-4-1077792627.jpg

LEFT to RIGHT in this pic (excluding Defender):

--PA-36HD POWERED AROMOR NOVE COMMANDER (Machine Soldier Dorvack)

--T-10 BLOCKHEAD (Dougram)

--F4X HASTY (Dougram)

--DOUGRAM (Dougram)

--HT128 BIGFOOT (Dougram)

--Appears to be a ISHKICK-type knock-off from SD ORGUSS ??

(front row)--F44A Crab Gunner (Dougram)

post-4-1077793644.jpg

assorted small fighters of unknown scale... anybody have a clue?

Dunno about most of them, but the blue one on the far left is probably a Skywings diecast F4-U Corsair...they're made by the mountain in China and something like five or six different toy distributors sell 'em here in the states with different painting variations (i.e. different schemes, a difference between sticker decals and painted-on markings, etc.) The Viggens in another picture are the same manufacturer.

anybody have even a slight idea what the heck this is a box of?????

Nah, they're different apochryphal Starfleet Ships from the Starfleet Tech Manual (brought out back int he '70s and can still be found in any bookstore). It's probably from a Starfleet game of some sort (maybe the licensed one done by FASA back in the early '80s.)

the fighters with the lighting bolts were something my brother bought a lot of. i for get the offical designation but they came with rings for your hands and you were supposed to run around having fake dog fights. or something like that

Ring Raiders

thought I saw some Micro Machines aircraft in there too, but i'm only 1% sure about that

I agree, the small mecha in posts 1-4 are probably from the kits that FASA imported and distributed in the early days of Battletech. The small Macross ones would be 1/200's from Nichimo. (TWDC has posted more detail as I write this.)

Pic #4 is from left to right (a) one of many toys/models of the stealth fighter which were made before there was any unclassified information on it, (b) an F-4 Phantom II, looking kind of late-modelish due to the pointy nose, © a bunch of Saab Viggens (d) some passenger jet--ask David

Pic #5 has several F-104's (really stubby wings), several X-29's (forward-swept wings), some SR-71ish looking things (wings all the way at the back with engine nacelles in the wings), and I believe some F-4U Corsairs (propeller planes with "gull wings"--the kind used in "Baa Baa Black Sheep").

Pic #6 has F-4 Phantom II's and I think Mig-25's (fuselage of the latter is almost rectangular from the bottom). The prop planes with radomes are E-2C Hawkeyes, I think.

Pic #7 I agree are designs from the Starfleet Technical Manual. I think I even see one of those freight containers that the tug was supposed to haul. BTW, I think the tug design or something very similar appeared in the second ST movie, but they didn't identify it as such. It has no secondary hull, just two underslung nacelles and a "tow pad" under the saucer. Not sure if there's one in the box. Most or all of those ships look like Destroyer/Scout class from the Manual.

Edited by ewilen

anybody familier with the dinobot sludge?

how about a sludge with wings???

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=26&t=6003

next question... any of you guys have any interest in the star trek things? Or for that matter any of this stuff besides the nimicho kits [which I'm keeping 'cause I like them]? Somebody's got to want a box of star trek stuff... right?

the nimicho stuff was apparently the fasa repacks as it was described as coming as "a set of mechs with a mini scenario on the back of the box". If I get one of the box backs I'll let you know.