has gundam interest died in the US?

NERV

What about Tohru's (?) decapitation? Nicol's boiling blood?

those'll be no big deal I mean I personally wasn't like :o when isaw those because they weren't grpahic enough the people exploding is by far the worst that show had. I mean if you were to include those then you would also need to edit out the last or was it second last ep when whats her face got shot a few times.

those'll be no big deal I mean I personally wasn't like :o when isaw those because they weren't grpahic enough the people exploding is by far the worst that show had. I mean if you were to include those then you would also need to edit out the last or was it second last ep when whats her face got shot a few times.

Those are already pretty graphic. I mean, to be frank, when was the last time you saw decapitation in a Gundam series? Boiling blood filling up the inside of a pilot's helmet?

If I recall, those scenes were featured prominently in several flashbacks as well. If the first scenes had to be cut, then the subsequent flashback scenes will need to be cut as well, which leads to severe butchery of the series.

And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

those'll be no big deal I mean I personally wasn't like  :o  when  isaw those because they weren't grpahic enough the people exploding is by far the worst that show had. I mean if you were to include those then you would also need to edit out the last or was it second last ep when whats her face got shot a few times.

Those are already pretty graphic. I mean, to be frank, when was the last time you saw decapitation in a Gundam series? Boiling blood filling up the inside of a pilot's helmet?

Decap's old news - see V Gundam.

As long as they don't show any exposed nipple, any violence goes on TV. :p

The main point is there are some things that may be edited, but nothing critical. I forgot about tohru's decapitation, and yeah, it was shown in a few flashbacks too, but it was always brief. It is simple for CN to just remove the severed head if that's a problem for them. There isn't that much to edit out of Seed by a wide comparison. Any body explosions can be easily excised if CN views it as a problem. On adult swim there should be no issue with Seed's level of violence. If CN plans to edit any Adult swim show, they should immediately look to the episode of Family Guy that airs right before hand, and put down the scissors. If Blue Gender can air on Adult Swim, Zeta and co. should have no problem.

Toonami having edits is a given, I wonder how saturday will fare, though I admit it may be adjusted a hair since they want to market this one big time to the younger folk. We won't miss any whole scenes or anything. I don't really care about toonami though because I never watch Toonami anyway. I get home too late. Let it serve as the kid's afternoon block.

Edited or uncut, either is better than it not airing at all. I'm still waiting to hear how the dub sounds.

EW did have a craptacular story but the designs from Wing series and EW was what got Tiny into Gundam. The first Gundam was the real turnoff... just too boring. Guess Tiny is just a fool for big killer robots!!! Haven't seen most of the other Gundam series but the mechs are cool enough to buy.

if gundam died in the states i would be neither happy nor sad. i simply don't care.

to me, gundam is a flat souless show with idioticly flashy robots. i just can't get into it. i think part of the problem with the figures is that most hero gundams have all three primary colors and big splashes of white. generaly that kind of color scheme 1) looks tacky and 2) is reserved for preschool toys.

maybe that sort of thing doesn't matter in japan, but in the states that will kill the young adult market like nothing else.

$0.02

I have to disagree.

Gundam is NOT "a flat souless show with idioticly flashy robots." as you said. Do you know how many touching moments are in Gundam?

Go watch Zeta Gundam! You'll will fill with tears.

Gundam is not all about the robot. It is about the characters and the sadness of the war.

PS: Gundam is not always three primary colors and big splashes of white.

if gundam died in the states i would be neither happy nor sad.  i simply don't care.

to me, gundam is a flat souless show with idioticly flashy robots.  i just can't get into it.  i think part of the problem with the figures is that most hero gundams have all three primary colors and big splashes of white.  generaly that kind of color scheme 1) looks tacky and 2) is reserved for preschool toys.

$0.02

Words from someone who haven't watched enough Gundam.

Go watch V Gundam and tell me it doesn't hit you when Uso hands Marbet his moms helmet...... with her head still inside it. <_< Thats one of the saddest anime moments to date, and very few popular shows can even begin to compare to it.

Or whenever a Shrike team member dies.... each of them is only around for a few episodes, and never get enough development, by its still pretty sad when it happens.

And I also feel obligated to point out 2 things:

1- Gundam robots are as flashy as Macross mechs. Now, if you mean the several gut wrenching MAs that populate most of the old shows, I'll have to agree with you. The first Gundam, the GP01, GP03, Alex, NU Gundam, MKII Gundam, Hyakushiki, V Gundam, V2 Gundam and the F91, were alll extremely simplistic designs with no "flash" what so ever.

2- The colors: the first Gundam had those colors because they were demonstration colors. The rollout color was supposed to be gray. Once the enemies started identifying the MS through the colors, they decided not to change them. The next few Gundams used the same colors because they were supposed to capture the feel that the first Gundam gave their enemies. The colors (mostly the blue and white) plus the face and the V-Fin, became Gundam trademarks, and were used as part of the plot in several shows.

maybe that sort of thing doesn't matter in japan, but in the states that will kill the young adult market like nothing else.

So? And that matters to anything why? IN the states all you need is good animation, no story and a alot of violence/shooting to attract the so called young adult market.

And this is a really dumb argument, IMO. Look at Gundam Wing, there are no flashier mech designs out there then Wing (maybe Seed), and both kids and adults in America swallowed it whole, and it had a truly awful plot and terrible characters. <_<

Theres no such thing as young adult market in the US. Ppl will watch just about anything, be it good or crap, no matter their age.. <_<

And do I really need to go into the super robot territory, their incredebly silly mech designs, and the sheer number of young and old adults who love them? :rolleyes:

Edited by Abombz!!

i think part of the problem with the figures is that most hero gundams have all three primary colors and big splashes of white.  generaly that kind of color scheme 1) looks tacky and 2) is reserved for preschool toys.

Actually given the tech background of the show what with those minorsky partical thingies messing around with radar signals...which would also mess up radio communications...which would more or less limit combat operations to within the visual range of opponets...it makes perfect logial and realistic sense to paint up the mobile suits in bright flashy colors...which in fact mirrors the real world WWI aircombat situation (WWI fighters had no radios, and the aircraft were brightly painted so as ground and support crews could eassily identify them...the famous Red Baron's Fokker tri-plane for example)

Course the Gundam shows don't seem to be acurite in this reguards (especialy to radio communications between mobile suits which should be affected) :rolleyes:

Just look through the history of warfare...it has always, and will always change...the brutal barbarians gave way for the chivelry of the knights in heavy armor and jousting contests, which gave way for seemingly more barbarick swords, clubs, and spears, which gave way for guns and cannons carried by elaboritely unifomed troops, which gave way for tanks and planes now covered with cammo, which is giveing away to even sleeker and smaller craft in black stealth coloring....the old chivelry is still alive and well today in the form of rules of engaugement and other dogma covering how wars are to be fought...how we fight wars today isn't the best indicator of how we will fight wars a hundred years from now, never has been, never will be...and definetely something lbig and expenseive like a mobile suit that supposedly changes the face of warfare will undoubtedly change the way wars are fought, likely more in line with the even more chivelry oriented armored knights of old ... when looking at it in that light maybe G Gundam is the most realistic of all the gundam shows UC or otherwise :blink:

well yeah..

i think i didn't phrase that well enough.

it strikes me as a souless show. honestly i havn't watched enough to label it as such, sorry for being ambiguous.

i've tried to watch gundam, i just can't get into it. it just all seems so flat to me. i wont' defend my opinions as fact, i'm just saying that everytime i try to pic it up it comes off as generic in every way and just doesn't grab my attention.

i've tried to watch gundam, i just can't get into it.  it just all seems so flat to me.

I'll bet you've been watching the wrong shows.

might be the case.

I seem to only like the shows that "real" Gundam fans hate (Wing, G-Gundam) even though I enjoyed Starlight memory and Gundam: The 08th MS Team. I find OG Gundam to be boring as Hell and I still want my money back for buying the Chars Yawn... I mean counter Attack DVD.

I seem to only like the shows that "real" Gundam fans hate (Wing, G-Gundam) even though I enjoyed Starlight memory and Gundam: The 08th MS Team. I find OG Gundam to be boring as Hell and I still want my money back for buying the Chars Yawn... I mean counter Attack DVD.

There's no need for the quotes around the real in "real Gundam fans." As far as I'm concerned, real Gundam fans only care about the UC shows and don't give a flying crap about the girls' Gundam shows.

StarDUST memories.

And Char's Counter Attack IS boring. Worst DVD I ever bought. All the main characters are annoying as hell, save Amuro and Bright. I don't know why everyone's so hopped up on that thing...

But I digress.

I recommend Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. That and Gundam 08th MS Team are my favorites.

I love MS Gundam movies, but I always push for reanimating the show. '79 animation is really dirt old, and it shows. But it's the first Gundam, and it's the one that started it all.

Suffice it to say, I don't really like Gundam all that much when it gets past UC 0083.

Your view of what makes a real Gundam fan is actually part of the problem.

I can understand being a UC fan or a long time Gundam fan and being a little annoyed at all the newbies who got into the geek thing of choice due to a newer product you don't like.

Im an electronic RPG player. You have the Gundam Wing/G Gundam folks to be angry at, I have Final Fantasy players.

However I understand you don't insult newbies just because they like a derivative and clearly inferior product (at least in our own opinion anyhow) instead of the pioneering classics that founded or reforged a genre.

(Ok I mock Final Fantasy players endlessly, mostly because they took over the electronic RPG fandom. I supported em till around FF8-9 or so when they became unbearable. Now I insult, belittle, and mock them less to change them and more to amuse myself since they clearly have the self esteem of your average Dungeons & Dragons player. They all but own a niche hobby yet still can't take any form of joke without freaking out. Its funny.)

All the new Gundam fans who probably would have stayed in that weren't just on a bandwagon saw how rude and mean much of the UC Gundam fanbase is, and just gave up, maybe joining or rejoining the Transformers fandom since Transfans as a whole are a MUCH nicer and friendlier lot. (Least now that the Beast era is over with and 80s holdouts have learned to shut up or play nice...)

Gundam didn't have this. It seems like UC Gundam fans can't go a couple of minutes without badmouthing the alternate universe Gundams or anyone who likes them.

The hardcore dug their own grave. And before we could get an SD wargame or Ghiren's Greed no less.

GOOD JOB.

Hell, I like much of UC and I remember how much crap I have gotten over the years for hating Char's Counterattack. I even had a girl 5-10 years younger than me telling me I haven't lived or don't know anything because I didn't understand the deep philosophy of Char. (Funny, to me he was just a lunatic who tried blowing up the Earth and using women to further his own nutzo agenda he came up with from being hit in the head a few times too many...)

And Im supposed to want to support Gundam?

Riiight...

It seems like UC Gundam fans can't go a couple of minutes without badmouthing the alternate universe Gundams or anyone who likes them.

Can you really blame us for badmouthing the shows?

Problems with the shows themselves aside (for the record, I don't hate all AU shows. I enjoyed SEED and X quite a bit. The latter more so probably because it's so similar to UC), it's the way new found Wing fans act that really pisses me off.

No offense, but Wingers who come to the internet and can only say things like "Gundam Heavyarmz r0xx0rzzz!!! Your Gundam suck!" and "oh my god heero is so dreamy" really should be shot dead.

Or at least, they should get a clue and listen to the UC fans. More often than not, the new fans don't even give a flying crap what the UC fans have to say because they're so wrapped up in their little AU niche and if a Gundam series doesn't have pretty boys or flashy (but ugly) Okawara designed Gundams with a lame-ass plot, they deem it not worth watching, and in the end, we UC fans get jaded really quickly.

Not to mention, most of the time, the Winger is an illiterate, immature moron, so it becomes useless to even try to talk to him/her.

Believe me, given the chance to convert a Winger, I would, but I hate talking to idiots. I've recommended UC Gundam to plenty of people, and they end up moving away from the AU niche and get into the good stuff.

It's kinda like the hardcore Macross fans and the newbie Robotech fans. You tell me the Macross fans don't tell the Robotech fans off when said fans can only say things along the lines of the aforementioned Winger, and I tell you that you're lying.

Hell, I like much of UC and I remember how much crap I have gotten over the years for hating Char's Counterattack.  I even had a girl 5-10 years younger than me telling me I haven't lived or don't know anything because I didn't understand the deep philosophy of Char.  (Funny, to me he was just a lunatic who tried blowing up the Earth and using women to further his own nutzo agenda he came up with from being hit in the head a few times too many...)

I completely agree with you about Char here, and I've had my fair share of discrimination from the Gundam community for disliking CCA (to be honest, what the frakk is there to like?), but that's a mob mentality more so than a UC only mentality. Hell, if UC fans fight amongst themselves, what chance do impatient AU fans have?

And Im supposed to want to support Gundam?

You don't have to support anything. Gundam fans have their community, as much as Macross fans have theirs. No one is forcing me to buy Macross, but I love the models anyways because they're beautiful and I love them. No one is forcing anyone to buy Gundam, but if the design draws him/her, all the better.

I just warn the new fan to be wary of how he/she expresses her opinions.

Edited by Stamen0083

Dirt old animation or not, 0079 still has one of the best stories of the franchise. Rent or buy the movies, and see just how much "soul" the story had. The focus that the AU shows lost is the fact that the story has always been about Newtypes, not Mobile Suits.

And for the record, I liked CCA....

CCA is not really a standalone movie. Without having seen MSG and Zeta beforehand, the movie just won't resonate at all (much less make sense).

Although I grew up watching Gundam, I have to admit, even the third Gundam movie is not as good as I remembered as far as animation quality goes... they really need to reanimate the whole shebang.

CCA is not really a standalone movie. Without having seen MSG and Zeta beforehand, the movie just won't resonate at all (much less make sense).

Although I grew up watching Gundam, I have to admit, even the third Gundam movie is not as good as I remembered as far as animation quality goes... they really need to reanimate the whole shebang.

Every time they re-animate we wind up with a new AU series. I say leave well enough alone, we don't need to Ted Turner everything.

No offense, but Wingers who come to the internet and can only say things like "Gundam Heavyarmz r0xx0rzzz!!! Your Gundam suck!" and "oh my god heero is so dreamy" really should be shot dead.

Not to mention, most of the time, the Winger is an illiterate, immature moron, so it becomes useless to even try to talk to him/her.

Who here said any of that? I just said that I Don't care for most of the UC Gundam that I've seen. I like Wing so that makes me a Moron? Whatever man, I was introduced to Wing first, I can give a damn about the pretty boy main characters, I personally like the Gundam designs In Wing, and though silly I enjoy the story. Your rant is why most AU fans (which I'm not, I like what I like) don't give a frakk about what you damn overbearing UC fans think. I don't have the defend what I like and I'm not a illiterate, immature moron for enjoying Wing and not enjoying the shows you like it just makes me a individual.

Edited by NSJ23

Who here said any of that? I just said that I Don't care for most of the UC Gundam that I've seen. I like Wing so that makes me a Moron? Whatever man, I was introduced to Wing first, I can give a damn about the pretty boy main characters, I personally like the Gundam designs In Wing, and though silly I enjoy the story. Your rant is why most AU fans (which I'm not, I like what I like) don't give a frakk about what you damn overbearing UC fans think. I don't have the defend what I like and I'm not a illiterate, immature moron for enjoying Wing and not enjoying the shows you like it just makes me a individual.

Which again begs the question:

How much UC have you seen?

Majority of people I know who have seen UC, see Wing for what it is:

A shallow, unoriginal, and pathetic imitation of the better UC stories (namely 0079, Zeta, Double Zeta, CCA, and F91).

I've always said this about Wing:

It's decent anime, just bad Gundam.

I've seen just about all of UC gundam but ZZ and the last half of V Gundam. Honestly my favorite series are still Gundam X, Turn A Gundam and Gundam Wing. Wing is the first series that got me into the universe, well Endless Waltz was when I got both fansubed before I knew they were going to air Cartoon Network. I just happen to enjoy the AU a lot more, save G Gundam. I like the UC Gundam but I don't feel a need to bash the AU or bash the UC just because I enjoy the AU over the UC. I find most of the AU pretty depressing and when I watch a show I like to be entertained for the most part and not feel any more depressed then I already am due to the pressures of real life. This is why I happen to like G-saviour while others hate it. I relaxed and wanted to be entertained and I was and I wasn't expecting some huge work of art or some highly moral, complex driven story that one might come to expect from UC Gundam shows.

Its just like Macross. I really enjoy Macross 7. Its just went in a different direction then SDF and Macross Plus did. The same goes for the AU series. I don't see that as a bad thing either. People complain about the way Wing fans act, hell look at the way UC fans act. This is one of the reason Gundam.com became so bad. The problem comes from both sides, not just from the AU fans.

Edited by Effect

CCA is not really a standalone movie.  Without having seen MSG and Zeta beforehand, the movie just won't resonate at all (much less make sense). 

Every time they re-animate we wind up with a new AU series. I say leave well enough alone, we don't need to Ted Turner everything.

What he said....

I think I am the biggest proponent of not liking the original series because of it's animation quality. However, I really like the STORY, and that story sets the stage for every other UC Gundam show, therefore, 0079 is a great series.

I am just partial to better animation, I enjoy watching better animation more, because in my own twisted little way, the better animation makes it seem more real to me. That is why I like 0083, 08th Team, and CCA. However, I also really like 0080, and the animation in that is just a little above crap level too, but the STORY rocks.

There is no need to re-animate 0079. Hell, just watch SEED, the first few episodes have enough elements of 0079 to qualify as a partial redux anyway.

SEED in my opinion is the best AU series to date, because it literally takes elements of just about every UC Gundam show, and rolls them all into elements of it's storyline. Unfortunately, aside from the Strike, the Gundam designs just suck.

ALSO - Just a silly observation here...

Have you ever noticed that in the UC Series, the Gundam is always the ultimate mobile suit, shrouded in mystery, and noone understands how they came to be blah blah?. That always strikes me as funny considering that the crux of 0079, 0080, and CCA revolved around the ultimate MS that the Feddies had, but at least 0079, and 0080 start off with the Feddies barely knowing what a MS is, while the Zeon have them by the truckloads. So, basically the Feddies decided to try out this whole MS thing, and just happened to build the INVINCIBLE one :lol: . They explained that away in CCA with Char leaking the psycommu frame material to AE at least, and I thought that was a great twist.

Also funny here is that if you notice, all the invincible Gundams are always piloted by bumbling, unskilled pilots too (at least at first) while every Zeon pilot is an ace. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in AU series, everyone and their brother gets a Gundam! Hell, they even swap pink slips once in a while when they get tired of the Gundam they have. :lol:

Edited by Mechamaniac

Also funny here is that if you notice, all the invincible Gundams are always piloted by bumbling, unskilled pilots too (at least at first) while every Zeon pilot is an ace.  :rolleyes:

Probably on most.

But at least on the MS-08th Team, the Gundam-pilots were all skilled, iirc. The only bumbling unskilled one in the team was Michel, but he wasn't assigned a Gundam or GM unit.

Meanwhile, in AU series, everyone and their brother gets a Gundam!  Hell, they even swap pink slips once in a while when they get tired of the Gundam they have.  :lol:

hmm. Just wondering. When did they start referring it as AU instead of AC? ^_^

but yeah, on prolly all of the non-UC series, every pilot's well-trained by the time they're 15yo or something, to skillfully operate a high-tech Gundam and they never ran out of sponsors. Quite funny process.

Edited by treatment

Gundam is... meeting new peoples, sharing with them a strong empathy up to love, and killing them :p

Anyway, a quick guide to recognize when a character dies:

A minor character dies when he sudden gains a larger role, is developed or talks more than the usual (especially to the main character). He will be remembered only in the following episode, and then never more.

This is the basic anime law. I think it was invented because it is simple to insert in the plot wherever you wish, since it doesn't affect that much the story. A variant is that the character is introduced and dies in the same episode.

Gunbuster maybe chose it the most right way to do it. Gundam 0079 did it 4 times, Macross 7 twice, Nadia once, just to quote a few example.

Gundam robots are as flashy as Macross mechs. Now, if you mean the several gut wrenching MAs that populate most of the old shows, I'll have to agree with you. The first Gundam, the GP01, GP03, Alex, NU Gundam, MKII Gundam, Hyakushiki, V Gundam, V2 Gundam and the F91, were alll extremely simplistic designs with no "flash" what so ever.

You didn't specify however how many Gundams exist and what are the proportions between all Gundams and the ones you quote (hint: a drop in the ocean) :D

I am not an expert of Gundam, but it seems that in many shows of Gundam there is a huge energy cannon which I think I could call "flashy" other than "freudian", and maybe even "lame" (since the beam is misproportioned to the MS).

Anyway, if you need "flashy", there are still model variations, which took the MSs you quote and added them a few shoulder cannons and some bazookas.

By contrast, there were flashy Macross variations like SDP-1, armored gerwalk and Macross II's mechas, but in animation the only real flashy Valkyries were the Sound Force, and that was part of a joke.

The colors: the first Gundam had those colors because they were demonstration colors. The rollout color was supposed to be gray.

These are things which are thought afterward. The original color was supposed to be largely white, but the toy maker didn't like it.

No matter how you try to justify them, they are still kids' colors.

So? And that matters to anything why? IN the states all you need is good animation, no story and a alot of violence/shooting to attract the so called young adult market.

Then I don't see why accultured grown up American otakus can't like Macross 7, which has crap animation, a story and very little violence/shooting :D :D :D

Violence always leads to over-hype. There's a reason why best stories seem to be the ones were more peoples have died.

A quote from Bart Simpson comes to my mind: "Trying to depress teens is like shooting fishes in a barrel" (or something like that)

And this is a really dumb argument, IMO. Look at Gundam Wing, there are no flashier mech designs out there then Wing (maybe Seed), and both kids and adults in America swallowed it whole, and it had a truly awful plot and terrible characters.

You are saying that like Wing wasn't succesful in Japan. I think Wing was supposed from the beginning to be sold to US market (G Gundam started AC series, but I don't think it was supposed to be sold outside Japan), and you could say it reached its purpose. I think it still sucks, nevertheless, but it's not like "dumbness" (if that really is liking a series which another found awful) is an American feature.

And do I really need to go into the super robot territory, their incredebly silly mech designs, and the sheer number of young and old adults who love them?

Mostly only people who watched them as children do like them when they are grown up. That's why in Italy they are remembered so fondly. In America they aired Robotech so they have Macross. Do not understimate imprinting. Now, if Bandai can grab children with SD Gundams, maybe there's a chance they will remember Gundam when they grow up so they could try UC series.

Anyway, peoples usually like everything that can kill many livings beings in an atrocious way, no matter how silly they look. Peoples complain about Sound Force's Valkyries, but they didn't have seen the worst.

FV

Any idea when Z Gundam figures will be out especailly the Arch Enemy versions ?

Well, last year Bandai showed off a bunch of Zeta toys at the US toy show. This year none of them were present and were replaced by Seed stuff. Looks like they've ditched the entire line becauase they couldn't get Zeta on Cartoon Network.

They should have tried putting it on TechTV's Anime Unleashed or another network, but I guess they didn't want to risk pissing off CN and its owner, AOL/Time Warner by going to someone else with a show they took a pass on.

Case in point.

Case in point.

:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

...(since the beam is misproportioned to the MS)...

I need to ask for examples, since the only time that happens is in Wing.

You havethose in UC too, but they only come from really powerful Mobile Armors that range in the 40 meters height scale.

FYI, AU stands for Alternate Universe, which is the collective term for the, well, alternate universes, which includes G's Future Colony (?), X's After War, and W's After Colony.

I think Wing was supposed from the beginning to be sold to US market.

Nope. You're thinking of SEED.

Bandai saw an opportunity to bring Gundam over, and at the time, the only markettable series was Wing, so they brought it over.

G sucked, X was incomplete, the newest UC series needed massive amounts of backstory. Wing was the only candidate.

SEED was created to be a marketting blitz, and it's been very successful at that. Undoubtedly, SEED's creators saw an international market and included sex and violence in it to sell.

Edited by Stamen0083

Stamen, comments like yours ARE EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Instead of insults and constantly belittling AC, why don't you try something like "Hey, ya wanna see where all this Gundam stuff started out from? Its pretty cool if you don't mind the older animation!"

Most UC fans don't.

I LIKE a lot of UC Gundam and I won't even call myself a UC fan because I don't want to be branded an elitist jerk. (I already get that from D&D and Final Fantasy fans. But its intentional. I troll them because its not only fun, its easy to do. Even when I tell them I troll them.)

I got started with Wing, from fansubs since Animerica had talked up the show a bit when it first aired in Japan and it sounded mighty cool. I had been interested in Gundam since 90-91 when Mecha Press came out and had a number of articles and reviews on various things Gundam.

I had no problem enjoying Wing or the other OVAs I could get a hold of. Except F91 which was lame.

Im just as happy watching G Gundam as I am War in the Pocket.