My 1/48 group shot

Rabidweezil

Well I just about finished stickering all my 1/48's with Takatoys stickers. Although you really cannot tell with my crappy camera how LONG it has taken me to do all those stickers, but thought I'd share them all anyway. My custom Low Viz in the upper right still needs some stickers, and my Roy 1S is being converted into a TV style Hikaru 1S and didn't make it into the picture. Guess I need to get another one for DYRL Roy. *checks wallet* Hmmm....perhaps that one will have to wait a bit.

valkgroup.jpg

I really like takatoys' stickers...and I'm sure you do too now. they're just...really good looking for a good price.

nice collection, I like what you did with the low viz...looks different.

edit in: honestly, I say screw the TV Hikaru 1S. I mean, it's practically the same thing as the Roy's, plus you get to save up for the max/millia 1J's that're coming out. ;)

Edited by Eternal_D

Here's a couple of closeups..sorry about the large pics for those with dialup. If I shrunk them down anymore you couldn't see the detail.

kaki1.jpg

and the green is a testor paint pen. It was glossy though, had to dullcoat it. The color looks alot better in person...or with a different camera probably. Oh and I still haven't painted the green arrow in Kakizaki's helmet. It's pretty small.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Nice job. Nice collection.

Those stickers rules when you do all those panel line job and custom paint.

I think I'll paint my rockets with the red nose, the small rockets.

But where's Roy?

It seems that Roy has been sacrified to make the 1S Max and 1 A Kakizaki.

1A Max Body+ 1S Roy head => 1S Max

And with the part left

1 S Body + 1A Head => 1A kakizaki

Rip brave hero.

Edited by TheFrenchOne

Nice.  How about some more pics of that low-viz custom?

Sure. I had posted these in another thread, but took the pics offline so the links are broken. The painted gunmetal gray seems to be rubbing off in areas, I was going to repaint them and seal it, but they sort of add to the "weathered" effect. This scheme is all my own design. I was planning on getting another Low Viz someday and leaving it as is. I've seen the term "limited" thrown around so much I didn't realize that this time it actually meant "LIMITED" Oh well :)

lowviz1.jpg

oops...I forgot to put the intake covers back on for Battroid mode...just imagine them there :p

But where's Roy?

And with the part left

Rip brave hero.

Hehe...bingo! I do have another Roy though. But it is going to be a TV Hikaru 1S. I need to do something with those fast packs I got with the 1J.

Ok,

I see the Hikaru VF-1S has a black heatshield as well as Max's VF-1S.  Why did you do that?  Not criticizing, but I am doing my customs as well.  And how in the world did you make the Kakizaki shield?  Can you show me Kakizaki's VF-1A in Battloid mode?

Well I've always been a vocal supporter of the black heatshield in the great "what should the 1S heatshield be" debate. I know Yamato or whoever came up with the shadow reasoning..hence the red heatshield with the Yamato Hikaru 1S. But it is still a personal preference to have it black.

As far as the coloring of the heatshield..well some break fluid and lots and lots of rubbing away of paint. Be careful though if you do it this way, those little tabs are fragile.

And here are some pics of Kakizaki in Battroid mode

kaki2.jpg

My camera really makes the green look bad. Oh, and I have a confession..the green head arrow isn't painted on. It's cut from green electrical tape. Which is almost a dead match oddly enough.

Ok,

I see the Hikaru VF-1S has a black heatshield as well as Max's VF-1S.  Why did you do that?  Not criticizing, but I am doing my customs as well.  And how in the world did you make the Kakizaki shield?  Can you show me Kakizaki's VF-1A in Battloid mode?

Well I've always been a vocal supporter of the black heatshield in the great "what should the 1S heatshield be" debate. I know Yamato or whoever came up with the shadow reasoning..hence the red heatshield with the Yamato Hikaru 1S. But it is still a personal preference to have it black.

As far as the coloring of the heatshield..well some break fluid and lots and lots of rubbing away of paint. Be careful though if you do it this way, those little tabs are fragile.

And here are some pics of Kakizaki in Battroid mode

kaki2.jpg

My camera really makes the green look bad. Oh, and I have a confession..the green head arrow isn't painted on. It's cut from green electrical tape. Which is almost a dead match oddly enough.

Thanks. I don't know you what to do at this point... I need to think about this...

But where's Roy?

And with the part left

Rip brave hero.

That is exactly how I will I am doing this except I am using vf-1s Hikaru head