My 1/72 Hase Super Ostrich finished!

Grayson72

Well I finally finished the Super Ostrich. I used some of the parts of the Photo Etch set on it. I left the photo etch parts on the intake covers unpainted, I scuffed them up with an eraser, I think they look like polished aircraft aluminum.

post-3-1076268465_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

View from below, you may notice something missing in this pic. I lost a couple of the head pieces for it (I suspect the child). A friend is recasting them for me.

post-3-1076269192_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

Wow!! Really great work Grayson!!

You can really see the improvement in the very few that you have built already. This is your best work thus far. Flawless paint scheme - I like the fact the trainer is not so weathered.

You've really inspired me to think about my VT-1, I've been holding back till I come up with a good way to model Mimay in the back with her helmut off yelling at Hikaru :p

Anyways, fantastic work Grayson - keep it up!!

Hey!! aren't we becoming pros fast???

that's very well done dude...

...that canopy is superb...

My kits are almost done...a bunch of them at once. I should get a canon fodder fighter done one of these days...

Wow!! Really great work Grayson!!

You can really see the improvement in the very few that you have built already. This is your best work thus far. Flawless paint scheme.....

Indeed! A little bit more and you'll be as good as a pro or better! Excellent work Grayson!!

Geez I have a bunch of em, here's a list:

Lancer II

Fan Liner

Fan Racer

1/72 Legios & Tread

Cat's Eye Recon

VF-4G Lightning III Fighter

VF-11

VF-2SS

Destroid Phalanx

Queadluun-Rau

This would be my first resin kit so I thought I would start with something simple like the Lancer II.

May be you wanna start with a rare one that hasn't been finish to this day...I am working on the hikaru's fan racer and cat's eye. The VF-4 , lancer, legios/tread and Queadlunn have already been done in the past in their main schemes.

I don't recall seeing a 1/72 fan liner, YF 19, 21 or VF-11 in resin finished by a member from this forums. Let alone the only 20 or so in the world of the Phalanx kit.

Once you get past the painfull process of trimming the excess, puttying, sanding, glueing, pinning and priming the resin; the rest works virtually just like a regular plastic kit....

Once you get past the painfull process of trimming the excess, puttying, sanding, glueing, pinning and priming the resin; the rest works virtually just like a regular plastic kit....

Heh, yeah sounds just like a regular model, :blink:

Is there really only 20 of those Phalanx's?

Edited by Grayson72

• 4 weeks later...

Question. I think this might have been anwsered before, but I could not find it. What colors did you use for the tan, and the orange? I want to build one soon, but don't know what colors to use. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.