New Shoji Kawamori Anime Announced

jgrose

With your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN GLOBAL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heheh! That's so funny, I felt obliged to actually post something here.

So, yeah, anyway, this new show... Sounds like a piece of sheet. Up to you to prove me wrong, Shoji! That's all I have to say.

A this rate the next Macross series will be about one of the environmental restoration teams.

Sucks it isn't Macross. Anyway, despite it sounding like every single Powers Rangers like show made I have question. Doesn't the fact that it contains big robots piloted by people pretty much go against saving the environment? All of those battles are going to do some serious destruction to the very environment they are trying to save. How are they going to actually use these things to save things.  Its using force vs force. Things will get destroyed no matter what. Not to mention natural resources.

Maybe this thing is actually questioned in the show.

And maybe the show is aware of current problem but not preachy like Arjuna. Kawamori wrote "Earth Defense Family", which should be a parody of sentai shows, and AFAIK it didn't have ecological themes.

Question does SK have to even direct or be apart of a new Macross series for it to be good or for fans to accept it?

To me the answer is yes. What made Valkyries attractive to me is the real world planes design elements. Macross II's Valkyries look just like generic space planes, and the increasing number of guns on the other mechas is just too freudian for me.

What I have to say:

You got Macross Plus and then there was Macross 7.

You got Macross Zero and then there is Aquarian.

I like Macross 7, but I think many will be disappointed by Aquarian. Since it's not Macross thankfully I won't hear too much complains here.

In Japan TV series are almost always meant for little boys, Aquarian seems to follow the trend. OVAs don't sell that much anymore. TV has obvious limits, though, even if I still think the real deal for a writer comes when he can't kill characters. Anyway, you got the serious mecha fan anime OVAs and now you will have a cheesy mecha series for character fans, just more mature than the others (and maybe with subliminal messages for growing children. Kawamori don't make animes just for fun).

The real painer for me it is the format. 52 episodes typically mean crappy animation due to budget restraint, but I hope Kawamori can get motivated animators. As long as it is original, I will be happy about Aquarian. Just wish Kawamori one day will make a cross-over of all his mechas (but obviously there are copyrights interpherences) :D

FV

Meh it sounds like the other 90% of robot shows but this time it will have a cheesy moral. Whatever if the characters aren't annoying and the robot is cool ill watch it.

On another note I'm surprised most of you people are able to watch Ghibli movies because Quite a few of them are quite preachy and about saving nature.(Nausicaa, pom Poko, Mononoke, Grave etc.)

Edited by bob joe mac

Geez guys, I'm as upset as the next guy that it's not going to be a Macross series, but I think I'll wait to actually see an episode (or at least some screen shots) before I decide if I like it or not.

Wouldn't that be nice if this series rocks, has great mecha, and cool toys. It'd be especially satisfying to know that HG couldn't touch it. That means cheap (or at least cheaper) toys. ;)

Say it ain't so Sho-joe

Please don't let it be a Captain Planet "Save the inviroment" Show

where machines -which use up enormous amounts of the earth's recources being produced and maintained- go out, burn fuel, leave toxic waste and save the planet from bad guys that only want to be able to sell furniture cheaper :D

OMG Captian Mullet? I hated that show.

Vostok 7

Geeky! Bummer! So this isn't so?

Geez guys, I'm as upset as the next guy that it's not going to be a Macross series, but I think I'll wait to actually see an episode (or at least some screen shots) before I decide if I like it or not.

Wouldn't that be nice if this series rocks, has great mecha, and cool toys. It'd be especially satisfying to know that HG couldn't touch it. That means cheap (or at least cheaper) toys. ;)

Agreed. So what if it ain't Macross. It might be good. It might be bad. But until we see it, I don't quite see how you can form an opinion if all we have is a description.

The new series may be good, or it may not...................The point is I DONT CARE!

I'm just so disappointed that SK and BW have let us down so badly by not making a new Macross TV series. It's ten years already since we had Macross 7 and it's about time for a new TV series.

Could Macross Zero be the last hurrah for Macross?

I'm now in the second day of my sulk after hearing this news, and I honestly feel like I'm close to losing faith in the Hoary Froating Head.

Graham