Petite Cola Machine  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Petite Cola Machine

• File Data for printing
    • Actual model - Shapeways
    • Actual model - Some other method?

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, pengbuzz said:

Actually, I'd love to see this on shapeways! Please don't let the low responses here get you; most of my stuff goes uncommented on much of the time. :(

Im currently painting it , its been slow, i realized i really need to buckle down and learn japanese ( which despite trying every  advice and  method imagineable  has been  slow) or risk putting my future here at jeapordy. So it may take awhile  for future builds.

1 hour ago, SpacePirateNeko said:

Im currently painting it , its been slow, i realized i really need to buckle down and learn japanese ( which despite trying every  advice and  method imagineable  has been  slow) or risk putting my future here at jeapordy. So it may take awhile  for future builds.

No worries; I'd just hate to see you give up because of no one replying. :(

Note to the rest of MWF: Space Pirate Guy put a LOT of work into this!! Could folks out there at least acknowledge this fact?

Not to mention that it'd make a nice addition to a hangar diorama or city scene!

6 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

No worries; I'd just hate to see you give up because of no one replying. :(

Note to the rest of MWF: Space Pirate Guy put a LOT of work into this!! Could folks out there at least acknowledge this fact?

Not to mention that it'd make a nice addition to a hangar diorama or city scene!

It’s definitely cool. I just sometimes lose track of individual threads here. I try to keep up, but sometimes I see something cool much later than expected. 
Can’t wait to see how this turns out

Ill get a copy up at shapeways soon...for the print file version  im gonna just drop it on my artstation(i can make it really cheap since artstation takes only a small cut). For the print file  version i made a few extra options  that are thrown in...such as a single solid version...and option clear  glass pieces. Once im done painting and get some screenshots ill throw them up.

Ill get a copy up at shapeways soon...for the print file version  im gonna just drop it on my artstation(i can make it really cheap since artstation takes only a small cut). For the print file  version i made a few extra options  that are thrown in...such as a single solid version...and option clear  glass pieces. Once im done painting and get some screenshots ill throw them up.

I might be able to help with decals for it, too, if you weren't already thinking about making them yourself. The yellow and white banner wouldn't take too long to design, and based on how you made the top piece, all you really need is the white text since the rest can be painted yellow. The red and blue artwork with the black lines on it, that spans the six cans, would be a little more challenging due to the curved surfaces and how everything has to line up, but is feasible. I'd need the print files for the machine to do everything correctly. You could include the decal artwork file with your print files. I wouldn't want any compensation, just offering to help another fan. I could probably print a few decal sets for folks who are interested.

Petite_Col.png

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I might be able to help with decals for it, too, if you weren't already thinking about making them yourself. The yellow and white banner wouldn't take too long to design, and based on how you made the top piece, all you really need is the white text since the rest can be painted yellow. The red and blue artwork with the black lines on it, that spans the six cans, would be a little more challenging due to the curved surfaces and how everything has to line up, but is feasible. I'd need the print files for the machine to do everything correctly. You could include the decal artwork file with your print files. I wouldn't want any compensation, just offering to help another fan. I could probably print a few decal sets for folks who are interested.

Petite_Col.png

If you   would like to  make decals that would be cool, id rather you get compensated for it though.  I tried making actual mesh for the font....which looked nice but when i tried to print it out it was way too thin...so yea i think decals would be best.  The cans are all one mesh.

9 hours ago, SpacePirateNeko said:

If you   would like to  make decals that would be cool, id rather you get compensated for it though.  I tried making actual mesh for the font....which looked nice but when i tried to print it out it was way too thin...so yea i think decals would be best.  The cans are all one mesh.

If you are willing to send me files to work with (STL is fine), I'll see what I can do. Not difficult to convert the can mesh back to a set of parametric objects so I can do more with them.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:37 PM, Big s said:

It’s definitely cool. I just sometimes lose track of individual threads here. I try to keep up, but sometimes I see something cool much later than expected. 
Can’t wait to see how this turns out

Much appreciated, Big s!! And to everyone else showing interest in this; I felt bad for SpacePirateKeo and wanted to help him out. :)

6 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Much appreciated, Big s!! And to everyone else showing interest in this; I felt bad for SpacePirateKeo and wanted to help him out. :)

Ah no worries, thanks for the bump...i just  need more time in life. Im a bit worried im not getting  my feet planted firmly enough in this new life. I was hoping of branching out  into  a new side business...or two. Im honestly worried a little bit  what happens with AI in the next two years....right now its fine. If i dont have my current job i cant live where i live. That and i love building kits  so its natural.  I have a ton of macross stuff lined up.   Im also working on other things. Heres  a model of the eborsisk from Willow i made , printed and painted...thinking of dropping this on artstation as well.  file.jpg?1695130725

Ah no worries, thanks for the bump...i just  need more time in life. Im a bit worried im not getting  my feet planted firmly enough in this new life. I was hoping of branching out  into  a new side business...or two. Im honestly worried a little bit  what happens with AI in the next two years....right now its fine. If i dont have my current job i cant live where i live. That and i love building kits  so its natural.  I have a ton of macross stuff lined up.   Im also working on other things. Heres  a model of the eborsisk from Willow i made , printed and painted...thinking of dropping this on artstation as well.  file.jpg?1695130725

Nice work on the colors 

• 1 month later...