A BRILLIANT IDEA!

NERV

i imagine it would be rather easy to take apart the shoulder, recast the smokestack and then sell them to ppl with the hasbro, not sure how you would get the chrome look but it sounds like a good idea to me

Actually, it would be even easier to just graft on some chrome tubing onto the shortened stacks. That shouldn't be too hard either.

Another good idea would be to saw off the stacks from someone's Takara Convoy and glue it to yer Prime. Pure Evil I tell ya - It can instantly elevate the perversion that is the Hasbro's version to the next level. Muahahahaha! :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

The easier thing is to go to any decent moddeling shop and buy the metal tubes (you can but a tank cannon barrel for example) cut it and you are done.

The paint job is same in both versions and the battle damage this is really easy to remove.

No point for me to spend more for the same, well I am not a TF fan also, just like Optimus.

I found the clean paint job and complete stacks worth the extra cost of getting the takara. No battle damage, or weathered(if you look at it that way) Prime for me.

Because not everybody wants to blow an extra $30-50 for long smokestacks and a slightly better paintjob.

True, but it would save time and aggravation. First you have to hunt down the suff and then you have to build it and so on... I bought mine for $87. Besides I am trying to forget the movie... Prime died which turned the restof the movie into crap.

Just a note---Hasbro shortened the mufflers, too, not just the stacks. (As in, the thicker, bottom part--that's the muffler). The bottom of the muffler doesn't go as low as the Takara version.

Neither has as large a muffler as a real Freightliner FL86, but the Takara one is closer, and the stacks are sufficiently tall for a good chunk of trailers. (Not tall enough for Prime though---based on what he hauls, Prime should have the tallest stacks you can buy, short of custom-order extra-extra-tall)

I really wish the muffler's grill/guard would have been a separate piece, would have looked nice. And maybe have exhaust pipes connect to them...