Damaged shoulder bracket Arcadia 1/60 scale Valkyrie

Codexlailoken

Hello all,

As indicated in the title I have a damaged piece for my Arcadia 1/60 scale Valkyrie. This is actually the second this has happened during the normal transformation process (which I do not do often). The other piece broke shortly after I got it a little over a year ago. Unfortunately because of how long it has been since I purchased it HLJ was not willing to act as the go between with Arcadia again. They did provide me some contact links, but they were to a Japanese website. I tried to navigate the page using google translate, but the address information specified that they were looking for an address in Japan.

Is there any sort of third party replacement option out there?

VF-1.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I use Urethane resin (Smooth-on) which is probably the best quality in the market with which you get the closest to the plastic parts and has been use in several Xigfrid designs also tested in the biceps spares of the yamato zero ( https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/32045-160-yamato-vf-0a/page/4/ ) and until now there have been no breakage reports so I can assure you much more resistant than 3d print (and cheaper)

Captura de Pantalla 2023-08-06 a la(s) 18.54.00.png

Edited by valhary

I avoid resins as it's a health danger if maximum safety isn't apply when working with it, especially sanding it.

But apparently Urethane resin is a very durable compound with an elastic element that absorbs tension within reason. So it works in this case.