I don't seem to be getting any following email notifications to my address...

Hi all,

I usually get a lot of email notifications in my mailbox on threads/topics that I've been following or PMs but lately I noticed its radio silence from MacrossWorld.  Did something change or a setting that I didn't know about?  I checked my email server to make sure it wasn't going into SPAM/Junk mail, but I didn't see anything.  I've checked here to make sure I am still following the threads and its still checked off.  Has anyone else encountered this?  What could be my problem?

Thanks.

We've found some of the older posts had email subscriptions for emails that stopped working, so they got stuck in the queue on retry
I can bring it back, just figured it would quiet down all our email noise

On 5/26/2023 at 11:24 PM, wm cheng said:

Hi all,

I usually get a lot of email notifications in my mailbox on threads/topics that I've been following or PMs but lately I noticed its radio silence from MacrossWorld.  Did something change or a setting that I didn't know about?  I checked my email server to make sure it wasn't going into SPAM/Junk mail, but I didn't see anything.  I've checked here to make sure I am still following the threads and its still checked off.  Has anyone else encountered this?  What could be my problem?

Thanks.

Hi @Shawn.  Our friend @wm cheng is asking if you could contact him on his registered email to help him recover his above account.  He is not able to log in due to this email notification and validation issue.

Thank you.  He would greatly appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Hopefully wm cheng can get in now

I see the default is off on the followed content, but it isn't disabled
of course I don't remember where you go to ENABLE this on a post you want to follow LOL

thx. I'll let him know.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

OK Mail should be flowing again
Please holler if you don't get emails...if you can log in LOL

Hi Shawn,

@wm cheng writes, "I still can't sign in.  I've tried both accounts (the second one too) and it just says I'm locked out.  This is no longer just about followed content, it's about not sending any emails out including email validation emails to sign into accounts."

Thank you.

Hi @Shawn

Yay! I got back on!!!  Thanks @arbit for your help.  I started getting emails to the new address last night around 1am.  I started getting all the email verification requests as well.  I guess when the thread email notifications got turned off, it also turned off any email verification requests too so I couldn't log in after I switched email addresses thinking there was something wrong with my email.  Everything is back now.  Thanks!

Edited by wm cheng

I had to rebuild the firewall a bit ago, and one of the default settings (which I missed!) was the block all outbound emails...yay team

Anyways I removed that default rule and resent all the hundreds of emails backed up

Everything should be working again as normal, and if not please holler!

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

I had to rebuild the firewall a bit ago, and one of the default settings (which I missed!) was the block all outbound emails...yay team

Anyways I removed that default rule and resent all the hundreds of emails backed up

Everything should be working again as normal, and if not please holler!

Thanks Shawn, its nice to be back :)

• 1 month later...

Hi @Shawn my mailbox has gone silent again, did you turn off the email notifications again?  Just wondering if you were aware that the threads I'm following are not receiving email notifications once again.  I guess its only old timers like me that use the email notifications to followed threads nowadays LOL 😛  Hope all is well with you.

Thanks Shawn!!!  You're the best.  I can't believe I've e-known you since the early 2000s - I gotta buy you a drink someday if you're in Toronto!

• 7 months later...

Hey @Shawn - sorry to bug you again, but the emails from MW have gone strangely quiet, could you check if you're still sending out updates?  Am I the only one that uses email updates? 🤣

ok-getting familiar with the process, be patient

OK...so at the BOTTOM is a 'FOLLOW TOPIC' which
Make sure that is enabled
image.png.10e58083e7e67990778bcd8953867fce.png

Then in your account profile, choose  "Manage Followed Content"
image.png.01905e0f8a7865f94fbfbea27a7ebf1d.png

Then choose your email preference, and the more detailed 'change how the notification is sent' (optional)

image.png.2d75845270c98a27aa6c2bd0d8a66758.png

Ok...so that seems normal
Now I can post this, and see what happens
Will I get a notification on my own post?
Anyone else want to post a 'test' real quick here too?