Custom 1/100 VF-19S Blazer

Jarrod

I originally got this kit back in '97 for the 15th Ann, back when my modeling skills consisting of snapping together, spraying on the dull-coat, and drawing all over it with a Gundam marker. Recently however, I've decided to re-do a few of my old kits properly(ie, glue, putty, paint, wash, etc) and for the VF-19 I decided to do a few simple modifications to it. The pic below shows them. The only mod I did for the Battroid mode was the waist piece; I removed the original midsection and added a taller, slimmer piece(I never really understood why flared out like it was). The rest of the changes were to improve the appearence of the fighter. The main wing sections were extended to meet the legs and fuselage, removing the very unsightly(and completely unneccasary) gap the existed originally. The shield and shoulder flaps were also modified to fit together better. After painting, proper UN Spacy decals were added as well. Well, on to the pics:

post-3-1075591712_thumb.jpg

very nice work except the wings, ive never seen the anime so i dont know if it is more acurate extended but i tihnk it just looks wird, like a blending of f-22 and x-29 wing

Perhaps I should have phrased that better...the wings themselves were not extended, that is indeed how they look in the anime; the wing spines were added to in order to fill a gap. If you look in the very first pic, the white peices are my modifications, all the blue is the orignal kit.

Jarrod

Awsome :D

Looks wicked :D:D

I always liked the Blazer. I wish Yamato or Hasegawa could produce the valks.

I sure they would do a better job then Bandai. :lol::lol:

Here's my 2 cents on the Fire valk I did ages ago :):)

AWESOME !!!

man that VF-19 Kai looks amazing , wonderful weathering and bullet effects , it seems Basara is getting his ass handed to him pretty badly. You make the Kai look like a real war machine :ph34r:

HAve you got anymore pics ?

Sorry I forgot , I also love the Blazer valkyrie , I think it´s even cooler than the YF-19 to be honest.