Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Vector Prime looks interesting except for the huge nose cone that hangs down his back.

:lol: But I guess its ok for a nosecone to be hanging between the crotch of a Battroid? Just pulling your leg.

Actually You hardly notice that nosecone in vector prime's back. It almost seems like its part of his cape thingy

The nosecone on a VF-1 is integrated into the robot. That is how I like it. I feel that a lot of the recent Transformers are a vehicle with the robot legs folded under (looks like Vector Prime is like this) or a robot with half a vehicle hanging off (the new bomber is an example of this).

Remy's pictures show that the nosecone down the back doesn't look too bad, unfortunately the vehicle mode is not as sleek as I first thought thanks to the legs folding under. The camera angles in the promo shots led me to believe that the vehicle mode was sleek much like the Star Wars E1 (gah, just saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth) Sith Infiltrator. What is Vector Prime's gimmick?

Are there any detailed photos of Starscream on the web yet? I want to see some candid shots to help me make a decision.

What is Vector Prime's gimmick?

Are there any detailed photos of Starscream on the web yet? I want to see some candid shots to help me make a decision.

Vector prime's gimmicks are mostly electronic sounds, which is fine with me just as long as it doesnt interfere with his posability.

Basically (without the chip) you raise his right arm and you hear star trek type photon torpedo sounds. With the chip on it makes some kind of whirring noises like a car having a hard time starting LoLz

As for pics of GF starscream..try here..

http://tformers.com/galaxy_force.php

I have this figure (starscream) and personally I like it. Some people have issues with the arms being to stubby, but I think its just an illusion because those pods he has attached to his arms are just (rather) large.

OR to check out someone else's review on starcream (with pictures) try here..

http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=509

Edited by holytoledo69

the fighter mode for starscream is quite shhhty ..ehh?

...bot mode looks cool at least.

...after 20 years i would have thought things would ..ya'know : IMPROVE?!??!????

shows ya what i know! ;):(;)

*how about some alternator/binaltech JETS*?????????????????????????????????????

Vector prime's gimmicks are mostly electronic sounds, which is fine with me just as long as it doesnt interfere with his posability.

Basically (without the chip) you raise his right arm and you hear star trek type photon torpedo sounds. With the chip on it makes some kind of whirring noises like a car having a hard time starting LoLz

Yikes. I didn't know he made sounds. Mine should be in my hands by Monday afternoon. By Monday evening I should have him gutted and the sound box neatly removed and in the trash. I hates me some noisy transformers.

Yikes. I didn't know he made sounds. Mine should be in my hands by Monday afternoon. By Monday evening I should have him gutted and the sound box neatly removed and in the trash. I hates me some noisy transformers.

I doubt you'd have to go that far. Just remove the batteries and you shouldn't have to worry about sound :-p

Damn! This is the first time I think Windcharger looks cool. There are still two things I don't care for, though: The fact that it is ANOTHER red car; and the fact that I don't care much for the S2000.

So, will the BT version feature the long-barreled gun or will it be gutted like the Alt?

I doubt you'd have to go that far. Just remove the batteries and you shouldn't have to worry about sound :-p

I like to take out the works. That's just how much I hate sound effects. Maybe I'll even smash it before throwing it away. :lol:

the fighter mode for starscream is quite shhhty ..ehh?

...bot mode looks cool at least.

...after 20 years i would have thought things would ..ya'know : IMPROVE?!??!????

shows ya what i know! ;)  :(  ;)

*how about some alternator/binaltech JETS*?????????????????????????????????????

It is an improvement in a way - his jet mode is a Cybertronian tetra fighter, also known as a Decepticon Pyrimid fighter.

I'll explain - GF Starscream is based heavily upon fan-favourite artist Don Figueroa's Starscream design for the pre-G1 comic book 'Transformers: The War Within'. Don based this design on the Decepticon pyrimid fighters seen in the first episode of the G1 mini-series More Than Meets The Eye.

The hallmark of Figueroa's character models is he designs them like a toy so that they can actually transform. In fact, he was the artist assigned to the early concepts for Masterpiece Convoy.

Nobody, really, in their wildest dreams thought Hasbro/Takara would actually make a toy on an obscure design that mostly hard core fans would only recognise.

Damn!  This is the first time I think Windcharger looks cool.  There are still two things I don't care for, though:  The fact that it is ANOTHER red car; and the fact that I don't care much for the S2000.

So, will the BT version feature the long-barreled gun or will it be gutted like the Alt?

That's abit unfair - part of the licensing deal means they can either only make a car in the colours that are OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE on the real car, or the colour the manufacturer requests. The exception to this is Meister, as I understand, the RX-8 doesn't come in white, but it appears Mazda was happy so long as they also made a red version as well.

Besides, Windcharger (and Overdrive) were both red cars.

As for the rifle barrel on the BT - nobody knows. Japan-side, Jaguar (Ravage) will be released before Overdrive (Windcharger).

Note: In regards to retools of the vehicles - HasTak can only change the mold as far as the real car versions are different. Hence Alts/BTs like Swindle where the vehicle is hardly any different to Hound - because the real cars are like that.

Of course, this doesn't explain why they can make changes to the robot panels on Streak and Dead End, but only change the heads for the rest of the retools.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I like to take out the works. That's just how much I hate sound effects. Maybe I'll even smash it before throwing it away. :lol:

:blink: ummm...really.. the sounds arent that bad..Leave the stuff in. I f anything it gives the figure some good weight.

Im getting the same feeling I get when I see people remove the batter from kentucky fried chicken..please dont :unsure:

Of course, this doesn't explain why they can make changes to the robot panels on Streak and Dead End, but only change the heads for the rest of the retools.

Im not sure what it is you are talking about. when you say "robot panels" however if you mean the car then Dodge is all about performance. The PVO didge viper is what Dead end is all about. However if you look closely at Silverstreak vs Smokescreen there are ver sublt changes. like the groin and legs as well as teh torso. I dont know it these sublte changes are the same for Swindle and Hound (not talking about the obvious stuff)

well im not much of a review person. Area7 is the best at it. :D

but I will say a few things on it.

Windcharger is what Tracks should have been. Plain and simple. the transformation is really simple. Similar to how Meister is the revised transformation of the Smoke/Streak transformation sequence. there are a few things I am displeased about in terms of aesthetics which is the head and torso. the chest panel is too busy. I prefer something simpler. and the head is bugging me. Perhaps it is because I dont recognize it as windcharger. I think this should have been a cliff jumper instead. Small red car!!! perfect for a windcharger. Also Im sick of red. I wanna see a dark gunmetal.

q_s200004.jpg

I hope they make a Spoon S2000 that would be nice but doubt it. More than likely they will reuse this mold and make the Mugen S2000 kit.

q_mugen_s2000.jpg

realcar-02.jpg

sema2003pic26.jpg

s2000king03_03.jpg

spoon09.jpg

anyway enough of the pics you get the idea. I really like the fact that there is a convertible option on this car. You can have teh top down with a removable panel that looks like the top is down. or you take it out and put the top on. I think i will recast it and mod it so that it is a hard top convertible. it is molded to look like a soft top.

Oh I think this woul make a great prowl cause the shield reminds me of swat riot shields. hehe.

It does suffer from flacid rubbery steeringwheel syndrome. Also the legs are reminiscent of crappy ankles like Sideswipe. I hate those type of ankles. the knee joints are very stiff to the point I think Im gonna break something jsut to have him bend a knee. Oh and neteuring him is retarded. Without that drive shaft cannon section the engine jsut kinda sits in there. the cannon is prepindicular to the radiator looking part (although cant be cause radiators are in front of and engine and this is in the rear) and the radiator is 90 degrees to teh engine. so it make sort of a Z shape at a profile when in the car. the cannon locks to teh chassis from underneath, thereby securing the whole engine. I hate the rims. I rather have the older style S2000 rims.

honda_s2000.png

Oh the antenna is rubber and Im worried how long that will last. I think a flexible plastic would have worked just fine

Edited by Solscud007

you know after thinking about it, Windcharger is like Tracks and Sideswipe got together and had a car together. and it was windcharger. the front half of the car is similar to Sideswipe transformation for legs. and the back half is tracks.

Im not sure what it is you are talking about. when you say "robot panels" however if you mean the car then Dodge is all about performance. The PVO didge viper is what Dead end is all about. However if you look closely at Silverstreak vs Smokescreen there are ver sublt changes. like the groin and legs as well as teh torso. I dont know it these sublte changes are the same for Swindle and Hound (not talking about the obvious stuff)

Robot panels - robot parts, like Streak's stomach plates and shoulders, or Dead End's chest. The retools should have more of that.

As for Windcharger's head, its neither really Windcharger or Overdrive. G1 Windcharger's toy head was a visor with a faceplate, but his cartoon head was a rectangle with a generic face. In my mind his Alt face is kind of a compromise. And like I said above - both Windcharger and Overdrive were both red cars. You guys were unhappy that Tracks was yellow at first.

APPARENTLY at a recent showcase for corporate buyers, there was a blue S2000 - does the Mugen version come in blue?

As for why only half of the combiner limbs are out - something to do with Energon being an 18 month line as opposed to Superlink being a 12 month line - there isn't much new roduct left to fill 5-6 months left. Plus, stores would be kind of annoyed if cases have the repaints of the same toys in the same assortment.

What we have left to look forward two is Roadblock (Inferno retool), Starscream repaint, Overcast (Jetfire repaint), Quickstrike (Bulkhead's excellent repaint), Sixshot (ugly Shockblast repaint), Alpha Q and the Seacons combiner team

What we have left to look forward two is Roadblock (Inferno retool), Starscream repaint, Overcast (Jetfire repaint), Quickstrike (Bulkhead's excellent repaint), Sixshot (ugly Shockblast repaint), Alpha Q and the Seacons combiner team

So really there's nothing left for me to look forward to from Energon. Although I will be tempted by the G1-homage Starscream.

Edited by eriku

Solscud, how'd you manage to get your paws on a windcharger so fast?

gotta read Eugimon's post. he said there was a Windcharger at Target. I just happen to be in town. He grabbed Grimlock first but passed on Windcharger. after reading his post I ran to my car and drove over and snatched it up. You think I would pass up a S2000? haha

are you serious? I jsut started watching Superlink. So the seacons are in it? will the seacons come state side? are they slated for Japan release? I saw online some weird colored prototype

The Seacons (with all of their G1 parts, including the weapon stands) are not in the show - Hasbro dug out their molds to use as filler in the Energon line. Those colours you saw (purple, black orange) are more or less the final colours that were shown at OTFCC 2004. Hasbro lost the name for the combined mode, so now its called Pirahnaking.

It possible Takara will release it as a TF USA exclusive, like they did with other Armada/Energon-only items such as Energon Megatron, E-Sharkticon, Towline ect. Generally, there are no differences between the standard US release and the TF USA exclusives release.

Anyway - the Autobots are really outnumbers in combiners in this series three against one isn't good odds.

is it just a reissue of the G-1 seacons set or is it much different? do you have any pics of them combined or as robots.

is it just a reissue of the G-1 seacons set or is it much different? do you have any pics of them combined or as robots.

Just a reissue in different colors. I'd say the colors are bad, but I didn't like the G1 colors either. I'm undecided if the new colors are an improvement or not. It just kind of bugs me how the entire Universe line has this aweful purple/yellow/orange theme going on. Here's the bot forms. I couldn't find a combined pic of the new ones, but you can find pics of the G1 versions here:

http://www.tfu.info/1988/Decepticon/Piranacon/piranacon.htm

post-26-1104693068_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

hmmm.....weird choice for a reissue. The Seacons weren;t even in the American TF G1...they were in the Japanese Super God Masterforce series, which comes after the Headmasters series which ALSO didnt come out in US.

when you say they were not in the american TF G-1 do you mean the cartoon or the toys? the seacons were released in the USA (toywise) around the same time i think as the headmasters were. i vagely remember seeing the headmasters in the cartoon as well, or was their another seperate head masters cartoon released in japan that did not make it to the US. sorry guys i am more into macross and gundam, i used to love the TFs in the 1980's but have not payed to much attention to them in the 1990, up to about a year ago when i discovered the binaltech.