39 minutes ago, azrael said:

‘The Sandman’ Renewed For Season 2 At Netflix

Feels like we're going on season-by-season renewal instead of set-number-of-seasons-commitment.

Nice. I don't mind this kind of commitment as long that they're going to finish it and not keep us hanging for the ending or the next storyline/chapter. ;) 

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

DEAD BOY DETECTIVES

From Hollywood Reporter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-april-2024-new-releases-movies-tv-1235863853/

Neil Gaiman and Matt Wagner’s DC comic book characters the Dead Boy Detectives, a pair of supernatural investigators who appeared in The Sandman series, get their own spinoff live-action series, which debuts on Netflix on April 25. The show is led by George Rexstrew, who plays Edwin Payne, and Jayden Revri as Charles Rowland. The cast includes Kassius Nelson, Briana Cuoco and Ruth Connell. Dead Boy Detectives was originally set to launch on Max but moved to Netflix in February 2023. Gaiman’s The Sandman already lives on Netflix, and the celebrated author confirmed that both that show and Dead Boy Detectives will share the same universe.

Edited by no3Ljm

• no3Ljm changed the title to DC/Vertigo's THE SANDMAN / DEAD BOY DETECTIVES Series from Netflix
6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

DEAD BOY DETECTIVES

From Hollywood Reporter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-april-2024-new-releases-movies-tv-1235863853/

Neil Gaiman and Matt Wagner’s DC comic book characters the Dead Boy Detectives, a pair of supernatural investigators who appeared in The Sandman series, get their own spinoff live-action series, which debuts on Netflix on April 25. The show is led by George Rexstrew, who plays Edwin Payne, and Jayden Revri as Charles Rowland. The cast includes Kassius Nelson, Briana Cuoco and Ruth Connell. Dead Boy Detectives was originally set to launch on Max but moved to Netflix in February 2023. Gaiman’s The Sandman already lives on Netflix, and the celebrated author confirmed that both that show and Dead Boy Detectives will share the same universe.

Looks like it's worth a look. Kind of reminds me of Lockwood and Co.

Huh. I guess this means Sandman season 2 has been confirmed? Maybe I just don't remember...

Still, a bit odd that the spinoff would premiere before those characters are introduced in the main show. Or maybe not, I can see how they'd make it work.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Huh. I guess this means Sandman season 2 has been confirmed? Maybe I just don't remember...

Still, a bit odd that the spinoff would premiere before those characters are introduced in the main show. Or maybe not, I can see how they'd make it work.

It’s Netflix. Who knows if it’s cancelled or not. The best thing to do if it’s a show you liked is to assume it’s over and then be happily surprised if it’s even getting half a new season 

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Season 2 is currently filming (was paused due to the strikes). We do have some episode titles so this should tell you which comics are being adapted

Spoiler
  • The Song of Orpheus
  • More Devils Than Vast Hell Can Hold
  • Brief Lives
  • Family Blood
  • The Ruler of Hell
  • Season of Mists