Yamato 1/48 M&M

pfunk

I hope this isnt a trend, but will Yamato release the M&M without armor, my pocketbook moral hounds wont allow me to pay $165+ for a VF-1 to complete the collection, I can stand the $100-$120 hit for each valk, but to add another $50 or soo, damn it, I have 2 fastpack sets allready. :(

I hope this isnt a trend, but will Yamato release the M&M without armor, my pocketbook moral hounds wont allow me to pay $165+ for a VF-1 to complete the collection, I can stand the $100-$120 hit for each valk, but to add another $50 or soo, damn it, I have 2 fastpack sets allready. :(

You know what you should do to rabbid dogs right ;) (J/K)

No chance Yamato would release them without FP's

.....just 2 FP-sets???? :blink::lol:

Yeah, I've got a feeling they'll probably released be only w/FPs too.

But who knows, they released the VF-1J w/o FPs so anything can happen.

:ph34r:

I am with you on that one. I rather have the ones with FP anyway. That way I can display either way. I think the J was seperate because they might be releasing a 1/48 GBP armor later to go with it. Still wishfull thinking at this point. *got fingers cross*

Pocketbook moral hounds, I've never thought of describing one's wife in such a way :lol: .

Hey, if they only come with FP as Graham says, you can always sell the FP off to someone here on the forums. Alot of people will probably want the TV style packs, and you can make back some of your cash that way if nothing else.

AFAIK, the 1/48 M&M are only being released with FPs. Of course I could be wrong.

Graham

Oh that is gonna hurt. I was going to buy 5 Max and 3 Millia. I was hoping to offset the cost by buying a couple without the FPs. Oh well... I need to start saving and sell some of my stuff like GI JOE and my classic Transformers.

Will M&M come separately or do you have to buy them as a double pack?

Well, all the pre-orders I've seen so far seem to indicate that they will be sold separately. I don't think Yamato is so brazen as to force their customers to buy both at the same time if they want the product at all. People are already reluctant since they may be sold with FP only. I two-pack of such a pricey item wouldn't be a very good marketing strategy.

Edited by Draykov

I was going to buy 5 Max and 3 Millia.

i can't even comprehend what its like to collect that way. never does it ever occur to me to buy more than one. some people have it made :)

some people must not be married ;)

Funny EXO, just rub some salt in my wounds :( well, looks like I am going to have to rob that bank after all

i can't even comprehend what its like to collect that way. never does it ever occur to me to buy more than one. some people have it made :)

Funny EXO, just rub some salt in my wounds :( well, looks like I am going to have to rob that bank after all

Oh yeah I am not married. Sure I like to but I need to find a GF, first. My relatives and parents are asking why I am not married nor do I have a GF. One, I work like a dog. Two, when I come home I clean up the house and fix things here and there. Three, I have 14 computers and in the process of decomissioning 3 of them and building 2 more. :o So where the hell do I find the time? I digress... maybe I should give up collecting these things. :ph34r:

I just like to get multiples of my fav Valk. What can I say? :-D Funny thing is that I orginally was gonna skip the 1/48s because of the price. Every since I bought my low vis, I was hooked. I am also debating if I should buy a VF-1J Hikaru without the FP for an impending 1/48 GBP-01 Armor but I dunno if that will happen and if it does, will it be sold separately and/or be packed with the VF-1J?

I still don't get why they're so expensive when Takara can make Masterpiece Convoy for about half the price.

Any way, I wouldn't want them without the fastpacks. They used the fastpacks on the original last ep for the TV show (before they added more episodes). And since they have customized fast packs to go with their Valkyries, you can't just slap any fast packs on them and be TV accurate.

I don't think their fast packs would sell well by themselves like the regular versions. Since their specifically for Max and Miria. So I'm glad we got the version that comes with them rather than without. Though if they were to make ones with out them as well, I'm sure more people would be happy.

I want these so bad, so I gotta start saving up!

Randy

Edited by Powered Convoy

Oh yeah I am not married. Sure I like to but I need to find a GF, first. My relatives and parents are asking why I am not married nor do I have a GF. One, I work like a dog. Two, when I come home I clean up the house and fix things here and there. Three, I have 14 computers and in the process of decomissioning 3 of them and building 2 more. :o So where the hell do I find the time? I digress... maybe I should give up collecting these things. :ph34r:

I just like to get multiples of my fav Valk. What can I say? :-D Funny thing is that I orginally was gonna skip the 1/48s because of the price. Every since I bought my low vis, I was hooked. I am also debating if I should buy a VF-1J Hikaru without the FP for an impending 1/48 GBP-01 Armor but I dunno if that will happen and if it does, will it be sold separately and/or be packed with the VF-1J?

I was just teasing about the GF/marrage thing, stay single for as long as ya can, I cant speak for everyone, but i think I would be a millionaire (or have a hell of a lot more accomplished) by know if women didnt exhist,,,,,,thier just sooooooo yummie :blink:

but on note, I want to collect at least one of everything they have to offer, but with the price of the FP + Valk, I may not, I mean $180 for a VF-1J, I want the monster and its coming down to decision time. I have to many other hobbies to put that much cash twards one item

I hope you wouldn't throw your 1/60's and if you have the 1/60 FP M&M they are still pretty good. Heck before I bought my M&M 1/60th's I saw the pics from Macrossworlds toy sections and the detail (at least for me) is good enough that I don't feel I need to get a 1/48th M&M. 1/48th's are great but I love 1/60's too. They are cheaper, smaller, and at least to me A LOT more durable due to the increase in die cast they use. I love my 1/48th VF-1S that I have out but transforming that thing isn't something I like doing too often and in fact I have my 1/48th in battroid mode permenantly. For me personally i get 1/48th's of planes I truly loved and there's a poll around these threads and sure enough the vf-1s, vf-1j, and yf-19 seem to be taking top honors. So for me anyways getting my favorite ones in 1/48th for nostalgia is great for me otherwise its 1/60 for me :p oh and the 1/72 Yf-19 fp if it EVER comes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm just dismayed because I want them all and at almost 200 dollars a pop well..... I'm still playing catch up with the 1/48 DYRL valks.

I am glad Yamato is putting out the Max and Millia in 1/48 scale. For me though, My 1/60's just don't hold as much stock for me has they once did. Especially when you have your 1/60 FPd Hikaru sitting next to the 1/48 1J. The 1/60 just takes a back seat. I hope the GPB armor breaths new life into it.

I guess it's about time to start paying the stockpiled CC bills from the 1/60's :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm just dismayed because I want them all and at almost 200 dollars a pop well..... I'm still playing catch up with the 1/48 DYRL valks.

I am glad Yamato is putting out the Max and Millia in 1/48 scale.  For me though, My 1/60's just don't hold as much stock for me has they once did. Especially when you have your 1/60 FPd Hikaru sitting next to the 1/48 1J. The 1/60 just takes a back seat. I hope the GPB armor breaths new life into it.

I guess it's about time to start paying the stockpiled CC bills from the 1/60's  :p

Or you could PM me with any multiples you don't mind parting with to help towards your 1/48 love. :rolleyes: