What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

8 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

1/72 VF-1D battroid

I have a feeling it will be a while before hasegawa does this one since MaxFactory is already having theirs coming pretty soon.

2 minutes ago, Big s said:

I have a feeling it will be a while before hasegawa does this one since MaxFactory is already having theirs coming pretty soon.

Maybe. Probably? But I want a Hasegawa version that won't look out of place with my other Hasegawas.

Maybe the fact that Hasegawa went down the 'realistic' route and Max Factory went the other way with anime styling and detailing will keep the chance of a Hasegawa version alive.

4 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Maybe. Probably? But I want a Hasegawa version that won't look out of place with my other Hasegawas.

Maybe the fact that Hasegawa went down the 'realistic' route and Max Factory went the other way with anime styling and detailing will keep the chance of a Hasegawa version alive.

I sorta get the feeling that the two companies are trying to awkwardly co exist. Max Factory put out a movie version VF-1 fighter in 1/72 and easily could’ve done a movie battroid to go with it. Then not too long after Hasegawa did a slightly updated movie Battroid VF-1s and Max Factory went with a tv 1J. There’s also the announcement that Max Factory is doing a VF-19 from 7 battroid while hasegawa is doing the YF-19 from Plus. I’m not saying they won’t cross over and Max Factory do a movie Battroid VF-1 and a YF-19 while Hasegawa does something Max Factory had put out, but I think they may give eachother some time on the projects so they aren’t directly competing with eachother. Maybe a wait time of something like a year or two. But who knows for sure.

57 minutes ago, Big s said:

I sorta get the feeling that the two companies are trying to awkwardly co exist. Max Factory put out a movie version VF-1 fighter in 1/72 and easily could’ve done a movie battroid to go with it. Then not too long after Hasegawa did a slightly updated movie Battroid VF-1s and Max Factory went with a tv 1J. There’s also the announcement that Max Factory is doing a VF-19 from 7 battroid while hasegawa is doing the YF-19 from Plus. I’m not saying they won’t cross over and Max Factory do a movie Battroid VF-1 and a YF-19 while Hasegawa does something Max Factory had put out, but I think they may give eachother some time on the projects so they aren’t directly competing with eachother. Maybe a wait time of something like a year or two. But who knows for sure.

Ya, I doubt Hasegawa will do a battroid 1D around the same time as the Max Factory kit comes out. Going to have to wait a while. I don't get why they didn't do one already though. They did the 1D gerwalk pretty quickly after the first gerwalk releases. 

I know the battroid line probably didn't get a ton of love. There's only been a couple special re-issues like the Minmei Guard and the special scheme armored battroids, compared to the numerous special re-issues of the fighter kits. But then again, the gerwalks have NO special re-issues, but still got the 1D right away. 

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Ya, I doubt Hasegawa will do a battroid 1D around the same time as the Max Factory kit comes out. Going to have to wait a while. I don't get why they didn't do one already though. They did the 1D gerwalk pretty quickly after the first gerwalk releases. 

I know the battroid line probably didn't get a ton of love. There's only been a couple special re-issues like the Minmei Guard and the special scheme armored battroids, compared to the numerous special re-issues of the fighter kits. But then again, the gerwalks have NO special re-issues, but still got the 1D right away. 

I think the big thing for Hasegawa has always been aircraft. They have done more robotic type stuff here and there, and recently have become a bit more adventurous. That’s probably why they tend to focus on the fighters for Macross. The fact that they even attempted Zentraedi mecha at all was a real surprise to me. Up until that it was mainly the battroid kit of the VF-1 and Zero a few Virtual On kits and a bit of Ma K stuff.

22 minutes ago, Big s said:

I think the big thing for Hasegawa has always been aircraft. They have done more robotic type stuff here and there, and recently have become a bit more adventurous. That’s probably why they tend to focus on the fighters for Macross. The fact that they even attempted Zentraedi mecha at all was a real surprise to me. Up until that it was mainly the battroid kit of the VF-1 and Zero a few Virtual On kits and a bit of Ma K stuff.

And the SDF-1.

18 hours ago, electric indigo said:

After the TV Q-Rau plz.

I really want this too but when they did the TV sdf-1 they just gave us the DYRL version with the TV colors. 

25 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

I really want this too but when they did the TV sdf-1 they just gave us the DYRL version with the TV colors. 

That’s something I’m a bit worried about as well. It would definitely be a dealbreaker if they pulled that move again 

13 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

I probably am not familiar with the differences enough, but what did they mess up? From eyeballing it, it looks like the main guns, arms/shoulders, and command tower are different. Are there bits in the main body and legs that should have been different?

Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Macross Fortress Ship w / Prometheus and DaedalusHasegawa 65655 SDF-1 MACROSS MOVIE EDITION MC05 1/4000 model - AliExpress

On 4/9/2024 at 4:38 PM, Big s said:

I sorta get the feeling that the two companies are trying to awkwardly co exist.

Given the Macross Modelers initiative I'd say the coexistance isn't awkward at all but is actively coordinated. Hell, even Fujimi just joined so who knows what they will make from the franchise?

• 2 weeks later...