Rainbow Brite...

Stargazer

Just a question, to everyone reading this...

Has anyone here ever seen the series called "Rainbow Brite"? With the little girl that has the colorbelt that makes all the colors in the world? Please... if anyone here remembers that show... or even has some of it on their computers somewhere... tell me..

I really want to get a hold of that series... espessially the beginning... it's called "The beginning of Rainbowland".. it's almost impossible to get a hold of anything at all on the Internet of this series.

So... if anyone here remembers Rainbow Brite, with the colorkids, and Starlite (quote: "the most magnificent horse in the universe"...) and Mury & Lurky... please answer in this thread... or PM me...?

-Valkyrie

P.S. In case it might kick-start anyones memory, heres the whole Rainbow gang... :)

post-26-1073861443_thumb.gif

My sister used to watch that show when she was a kid, I remember my parents buying her a Rainbow Bright plush doll. :p

Would you like to talk about Jem or She-Ra? :lol:

EDIT: Does anyone see Precious Moments figurines in that picture?

Edited by UN Spacy

Meh... me not want any stupid doll... :p

I just want to get some of the series for nostalgic reasons... :) I used to love it... :)

Edit:

So don't make fun of me... we've had stranger questions here on MW...

Edited by Stargazer

I remember the show, had the movie on VHS before it was ruined when my basement flooded. It was a nice to watch. I've actually been trying to get a copies of the series and movie. My mother enjoyed watching when it came but I haven't had any luck in finding it. Most places I find anime well have anime, Rainbow Brite isn't anime so its hard to find. I forgot who made the show. I miss 80s shows. B))

hehe, Murky and Lurky are awesome!

Their ineptness was only riviled by Boris & Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

My sister would watch that show every Saturday, right after Punky Brewster or somthing.

She had the plushie dolls of Rainbow, the green girl, and Red Butler.

I had the little ugly grey guy. Don't remember if that is Murky or Lurky.

I always thought Rainbow Brite was a weird amalgamum of Strawberry Shortcake and the Care Bears... I mean, it has a bunch of color/theme co-ordinated little girls ala Strawberry Shortcake that also have their weird cloud/sky motif ala the Care Bears.

Seeing as Rainbow Brite was around to do battle with the Care Bears (said bears having mopped the floor with her ass in both TV ratings and toy sales) well after Strawberry Shortcake was molding in her grave I'd say she bears (pun intended) more resemblance to her arch nemesis the bears.

... and for anyone who may ask the only "girly" cartoon I ever watched that was on TV in the '80s was Beverly Hills Teens... and I felt totally gay watching it... yet I could not look away... and I was a senior in freaking high school when that show was on! I watched it in the mornings eating breakfast in the kitchen on our small sanyo "kitchen TV"...

... just remembering this has made me shudder... what the hell was I thinking!?! That show was the Sailor Moon of the '80s! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

(runs to lock gun safe in case the urge to shoot that part out of my brain arises again)

... oh and here is a little something to scare the rest of you away from that damn show:

beverlyteens.jpg

I saw a ton of '80s girl-lines at Target and Wal-Mart the other day including Strawberry Short-Cake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, and...you're gonna love this...Rainbow Brite! All these lines have been recently re-released and have many figures, dolls and playsets, etc. There was an assortment of four large 18" Rainbow Brite dolls that included videos of the original episodes. There were also some smaller dolls. Do a check on eBay and you will see what I'm talking about.

And in case you're wondering what I was doing in the girl-section...I was checking for some Alternator Smokescreens that could have potentially been hidden in that area. B))

Edit: Here's a pic and auction link for reference:

c3_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=1204

Edited by Sephiroth

And in case you're wondering what I was doing in the girl-section...I was checking for some Alternator Smokescreens that could have potentially been hidden in that area. B))

Suuuure you were...

I vaguely remember that show.

Got PART of the first episode on an old VHS tape. It's in really bad shape.

Why it hasn't been written over is anyone's guess. I think it's for the kick-ass Toys R Us ad.

Ummm, yeah, that's it. It's the Toys R Us ad I saved it for.

Okay I know we call this section 'other anime and science fiction' and we sometimes are flexible if it's slightly off topic it can considered 'cool'

Rainbow brite while slighty more cooler than Robotech is not cool enough for Macross World :p