Energon Prime

Etrigan

I can just imagine him waddling around, "Hey guys! Wait up!"

He's like the giant robot version of 'The Fat Kid From Goonies'.

Strangely enough, he'd look hilarious next to the old Galvatron toy. Galvatron, the original overweight Transformers leader character.

Wow!

There sure are a lot more TF fans on this board then I thought.......

Cry all you want but remember this line is targeted for children.

You guys can blame Orson all you want but remember Transformers is a Takara/Hasbro partnership. I really feel his role in this is exaggerated by him and blown out of proportion by the "FANBOYS". Takara is as much to blame as Hasbro.

The great thing about spending money is you can "CHOOSE" what to spend it on. If you are really a TF fan that is not happy with the Energon Line, show Hasbro/Takara by not buying the Energon toys. Just buy the Alternators. If you are not happy with the Alternators, maybe you should retire from collecting TF's.

;)

Ugh. That thing's hideous. Scorponok wasn't too bad at first but it's getting worse as I look at it more. And Orson is saying that they're going to steer AWAY from realistic vehicles. What are they smoking at Hasbro? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of :angry:

Looks like I'll skip these guys. I may just not bother with Energon at all and stick to the Alternators. My wallet would certainly appreciate it ;)

the new prime does look like ass, and for some reason it looks like thy borrowed scorponok's parts from a couple power shovels. but to cut orson some slack, its not all his fault, he's doing what he can with what hasbro mandates. that said, i do think he's doing a crappy job. hasbro clearly isn't interested in fans over the age of 9, despite the notion that energon is still supposed to appeal to the now older fans of armada. energon looks like its even more dumbed down than armada. at least the transformer's franchise is co-owned by takara so we can count on a few gems like the alternators line.

hopefully the new prime will look better with his power-up/gestalt parts, though i'm not holding my breath.

the new prime does look like ass, and for some reason it looks like thy borrowed scorponok's parts from a couple power shovels.  but to cut orson some slack, its not all his fault, he's doing what he can with what hasbro mandates.

According to Archer himself, he has plenty of artistic freedom. He continually takes credit for the designs that are well-liked by the fanbase. Hasbro may lay down some basic ground rules, but the designs originate from, are approved and tweaked by Archer. He's gone as far as to claim the gun-Megatron included with Masterpiece Prime was entirely his idea.

Whether or not that's true is debatable; but he has verified it on many occasions.

Edited by Etrigan

right, i was refering to what i see as systematic of the entire line. hasbro obviously wants specific things, and probably picks the general gimmicks (ie minicons firing missiles and the sound heavy ultracons of armada), for energon, its lots of transparent plastic. plus hasbro is the one saying "no realistic alt modes", we can't blame orson for that, but we can blame him for the designs just sucking in general.

I think that Masterpiece Prime is all Takara. The people who are running the show for the Alternators are the guys doing the comic books. Its not that hard to get a pic of real car and say lets trn this into something that looks like G1 bluestreak, and then you do the art. The concept is so simple it could have been done years ago. Update Prime, and oh lets throw in the Megatron gun that came with that Prime action figure from 2 yrs ago. Yeah right, I bet archer had them do that, the fat bastard.

Archer is to blame for so many repaints flying around, he's making a big mistake, he's saturating the market and deluting demand with all these turn-offs. Its all going to come back and bite him in the ass. And I'm sure th truth will be told from Takara one day about the way things really went down.

As for now, Archer needs to be replaced, just let comicbook artists do all the new concepts, they did a pretty good job with War Within already.

right, i was refering to what i see as systematic of the entire line. hasbro obviously wants specific things, and probably picks the general gimmicks (ie minicons firing missiles and the sound heavy ultracons of armada), for energon, its lots of transparent plastic. plus hasbro is the one saying "no realistic alt modes", we can't blame orson for that, but we can blame him for the designs just sucking in general.

I tried to argue this exact point on a Transformers related message board and was promptly refuted. I however, agree with you completely.

Its all going to come back and bite him in the ass.

As much as I'd hate to see the franchise fail, I do hope there's some retribution for the haphazard repaints flooding the market. Almost the entire Armada line is being repainted, and some are even being included in Energon. The genius of the repaint is only realized when the mold hasn't been available for quite some time, or was limited during the first run. To produce repainted toys of molds still on the shelf is ridiculous. However, many Transfans are eating them up, so I could be wrong. It is certainly an easy buck for Hasbro to make if it works.

Edited by Etrigan

I still have a hard time accepting transformer fans are defending this crap. I mean look at that alt mode on prime....... <_<

:blink: Yeah, Thinking about that gives me a headache! <_<

I still have a hard time accepting transformer fans are defending this crap. I mean look at that alt mode on prime.......  <_<

:blink: Yeah, Thinking about that gives me a headache! <_<

truth is..... is hasbro at fault or is it the general populous of the fans. Hasbro sticks out this crap, the fans cheer....... Sheesh..... If the fans openly hated it hasbro would change..... if the fans said no we want them to look more like alternators hasbro would change.... instead I fear alternators will languish for being to expensive and to complex next to these POS's. Stupidity rules. What else can I say.

As much as I'd hate to see the franchise fail, I do hope there's some retribution for the haphazard repaints flooding the market. Almost the entire Armada line is being repainted, and some are even being included in Energon. The genius of the repaint is only realized when the mold hasn't been available for quite some time, or was limited during the first run. To produce repainted toys of molds still on the shelf is ridiculous. However, many Transfans are eating them up, so I could be wrong. It is certainly an easy buck for Hasbro to make if it works.

Like a slew of repaints didn't happen in G1? *looks at Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, etc.*

I do think it would have gone down better had the repaints actually been different characters instead of 'Hot Shot! With a new color scheme!'

Hasbro already tried that before and that replacement was Rodimus Prime, an angst-ridden wimp who whines his doubts of leadership that is worse than Shinji Ikari. :lol:

touche. let me rephrase then...redesign their leader into a no-nonsense, ass-kicking, *Leader* who given the opportunity will roll over a Decepticon's head and not give it a second thought. what kid wouldn't want to see that??

Hey, Rodimus Prime actually kicked much arse in the movie, and as I recall he didn't become the 'angsty whiney' leader until late in the tv series just before they brought Optimus Prime back (probably to make him look that much worse and Optimus that much better, it worked).

Shade, if you think youngsters would just follow what Armada and Energon stands for. Think again.

Gee, I guess those quarterly reports from Hasbro must all be lies then, since all of them say that Armada is selling better than RiD did.

Just because your nephew appreciates quality toys when he sees them doesn't mean every other kid does. And the fact that Armada DOES sell so well means that most kids probably don't.

Armada is a big moneymaker for Hasbro, and Energon might be too. Just because you and I think that the designs released for Energon are beyond hideous does not mean that kids automatically will. Your nephew probably won't like it, because you've corrupted him into wanting quality toys. :p

I think what the Captain means is that the kids that are all over Energon and Armada won't be so blind to quality forever. Things like this happen in cycles, and eventually the market will bottom out on Hasbro's crappy designs.

The kids that are gushing over them now will eventually want quality. If the toys keep coming at lower and lower quality, they'll start passing them over. They'll see how wretched these newer toys are compared to even the Armada line, and most definitely compared to the RiD Autobot toys.

The youngsters below them? They won't even be interested, they'll want the new flavour of the week. There goes the current Transformers market just like it happened with the G1 Transformers.

Hasbro made something of a smart move with the Alternators line. The collectors market is much smaller, but infinintly more stable. There will always be a group of people wanting quality toys, and who will pay top dollar if you supply them. Alternators will probably carry Hasbro through the slump they'll most likely face with the demise of the Energon market. (Who knows, actually, the market might not bottom out until next year, perhaps the year after. G1 lasted several years before it died. Even after the toys got really crappy.)

By the Matrix! Prime's belly gives new meaning to the words 'Autobots, Roll out!' He won't even need to transform to do so!

I haven't really been following the newer Transformer lines much (have a soft spot for the old guys and most of the new I've seen don't appeal to me), but shouldn't Transformers by default look good in at least ONE of their modes? I could possibly live with an ugly robot if the car mode looked awesome or vice versa, but poor Optimus here can't buy a mode that he doesn't look like Junkions assembled him from scrapyard reject parts.

Excuse me while I go look at the pictures of the MP Optimus Prime again to regain some sanity.

truth is..... is hasbro at fault or is it the general populous of the fans. Hasbro sticks out this crap, the fans cheer....... Sheesh..... If the fans openly hated it hasbro would change..... if the fans said no we want them to look more like alternators hasbro would change.... instead I fear alternators will languish for being to expensive and to complex next to these POS's. Stupidity rules. What else can I say.

The fans openly hate it. 80% of TF's are sold to kids not FANBOYS. If the kids like them, then TF's will continue this way. If kids don't buy them, the line will get axed after it runs for a bit. TAKARA and Hasbro work on these lines far in advance. Takara is as much to blame as Hasbro. Hasbro does not make any smart moves. They make moves together with Takara when it comes to TF's. Transformers will burn out again just like it did before. That is the way of boys action figures. I just hope they keep guitars out of the hands of TF's. Don't want to see Optimus singing and fighting Megs at the same time. I wonder where I got that bad idea from.......

Might I remind everyone that I once posted pictures comparing Yamato's YF-19 and the Beast Machines Jetstorm and the fanboys there overwhelmingly declared that Jetstorm looked better and looked more realistic. That should tell you something about a good number of Transfans these days. This is when I was arguing that the Robots in Disguise vehicle modes for the Car Brothers looked more realistic than Hotshot and most people there disagreed with me.

Like a slew of repaints didn't happen in G1? *looks at Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, etc.*

True, but the G2 Gobots/RID Spychangers were the worst-case scenario of repaints for different characters. The basic six molds (Hot Shot, REV, WARS, Crosswise, Mirage and Ironhide) had three color variants to represent different characters and some fans got upset on Hasbro on not being innovative. Hasbro flooded them and got oversaturated on the shelves, which is happing the same thing with the RID Spychangers.

I do think it would have gone down better had the repaints actually been different characters instead of 'Hot Shot!  With a new color scheme!'

The idea came from the RID Autobot Brothers, who got new color schemes as their "power-up" versions of themselves. This now ended up as a brainbug now, which ended up onto Armada, Universe and Energon lines. <_<

Oh, I almost forgot. The Machine Robo Rescue toys just got "power-up" versions of the Machine Robos now released, as shown on HLJ. Kinda making an in-nod to Transformers there, huh.

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

Here's the first pic I've seen of Sentaimus Prime with his extra limbs attached. And yep, he looks ready to take on the Power Rangers.

At first glance, it looks like Optimus Prime abducted the Machine Robos from Machine Robo Rescue, spraypainted them in KO colors and force them to gattai with him. :lol:

Might I remind everyone that I once posted pictures comparing Yamato's YF-19 and the Beast Machines Jetstorm and the fanboys there overwhelmingly declared that Jetstorm looked better and looked more realistic. That should tell you something about a good number of Transfans these days. This is when I was arguing that the Robots in Disguise vehicle modes for the Car Brothers looked more realistic than Hotshot and most people there disagreed with me.

What!?!?!?! Gads transfans are dumb. I break all ties with them!!!! I collect transformers but am nolonger a transfan. How can they say that bout the car robo bros? A viper, a a lambo, and a whatever forgot what brand x brawn was but all were real cars. Hotshot..... vaguly resembles a real car....... <_< I shall now be a gobofan who occassionaly buys a transformer, not a transformer fan who buys a ton of gobots as well B)

Edited by GobotFool

*Sigh* I think after Hot Rod became Prime I just stopped being a transfan. I just can't believe what's been happening to the transformers toys, but I guess that's what kids what nowadays. I just wished they would stop using Optimus's name, its like dragging it thru the mud with the poor toys.