Energon Prime

Etrigan

Well, they could have made a decent story about slavery out of Armada if Simon Furman had been allowed to write it. Instead of beeping Pokecons, they talk and have personality in the comics. I wonder if Micron Legend has the Microns talking or beeping?

According to the Transformers fans who owned the R2 Micron Legend DVDs (because they wanted the exclusive Minicons inside), the Minicons in the Japanese dub are still beeping, mindless drones.

However, the mini-comics that comes with the DVDs show that the Minicons can talk (just like those in the Dreamwave comics).

ok, well the optimus primal toy actually had no mouth. That weird. I thought it did. Well, what I meant is that all the optimus primes that came out that had the G1 head, or something similar never came with a mouth. The optimal optimus cam with a mouth I believe, but this energon prime has the G1 head and colors but it has a mouth, and it looks hideous. Prime is not meant to have a mouth!! :p:D:lol:

Odd.... I have the Machine Wars Prime... but it has a different color scheme. :(

You must be talking about Thunderclash (who never had a faceplate to begin with), where the MW Optimus Prime was derived from:

http://www.tfu.info/1992/Autobot/Thundercl...hunderclash.htm

ok, well the optimus primal toy actually had no mouth. That weird. I thought it did.

The writers and animators at Mainframe felt that Optimus Primal should be a different character, hence the addition of the mouth. Ever since, it conviced Hasbro to do the same when it comes to future designs of Optimus Primal.

Well, what I meant is that all the optimus primes that came out that had the G1 head, or something similar never came with a mouth.

Hasbro/Takara make certain that Optimus Prime should have a faceplate and that also reflects on the toys. The exceptions are the Gobot Optimus Prime and the Machine Wars Optimus Prime toys, who are repaints of other Autobot toys who never have faceplates and thus, they don't resemble Optimus.

Optimal Optimus cam with a mouth I believe,

Yes he does, since he's a powered-up version of Optimus Primal and the toy reflects his. A repaint of the Optimal Optimus toy, named Primal Prime, has a mouth.

but this energon prime has the G1 head and colors but it has a mouth, and it looks hideous. Prime is not meant to have a mouth!!  :p  :D  :lol:

Definately. Optimus Prime should always have a faceplate and also, he must be a truck (whether he's a big rig, fire truck and so on).

Otherwise, we'll be seeing Optimus Prime looking like this (taken from a G1 picture book):

http://www.appstate.edu/~th42428/files/the_end.jpg

EDIT: posted image altered to URL due to the image being too disturbing.

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

Are there any more pics available (without the chest windows open)? D'oh! I guess I'll check bigbot.com and tf2005.com........it seems kinda interesting. I like the sculpt a little more than Armada Prime.  :lol:

yes both of

cartman prime you would not believe the amount of obesity jokes there are floating around the tfboards

Scorpunok

get them before hasbro closes in on tin tin happy

Edited by Prowlus

I think Optimus forgot to take out his curlers! :p

Imagine that, "Afro-Prime"! B)

-1s.

If you are about the flip-up "extra" helmet, then yeah it does.

My guess for the flip-up "extra" helmet is that Energon Prime would most likely combine with his trailer (yet again). <_<

Hasbro has really outdone themselves with this piece of ugly crap. <_<

Don't forget that Studio Aeon (who did Armada) has been called upon again to animate the Energon TV show. :angry:

The Universe sub-line is just as worse. Hasbro repaints older figures in KO quality colors as the emphasis of the line: 100% repaints as an another side-effect of the ending of Armada when various older TFs return to fight again.

Not worth the regular sticker tag for toys that look like KOs. :angry:

My guess for the flip-up "extra" helmet is that Energon Prime would most likely combine with his trailer (yet again). <_<

If memory serves, this Prime is supposed to go sentai on us, and use 4 sub-units as arms and legs as his Super mode, which is where his new hat fits in. The Autobot gimmick is combining this go around.

If memory serves, this Prime is supposed to go sentai on us, and use 4 sub-units as arms and legs as his Super mode, which is where his new hat fits in. The Autobot gimmick is combining this go around.

So they dropped Pokemon and decided to go with power Rangers? Thats a great idea. <_<

Are there any more pics available (without the chest windows open)? D'oh! I guess I'll check bigbot.com and tf2005.com........it seems kinda interesting. I like the sculpt a little more than Armada Prime.  :lol:

yes both of

cartman prime you would not believe the amount of obesity jokes there are floating around the tfboards

Scorpunok

get them before hasbro closes in on tin tin happy

OK, I revoke my reserved reaction from yesterday. That Prime is just goddamn horrible. And I like fat robots. I'm really not looking forward to seeing Energon toys in the store. I hope they don't get stacked too close to the Alternators, they'll probably emanate some sort of taint. :huh:

OK, I revoke my reserved reaction from yesterday. That Prime is just goddamn horrible. And I like fat robots. I'm really not looking forward to seeing Energon toys in the store. I hope they don't get stacked too close to the Alternators, they'll probably emanate some sort of taint. :huh:

Are you admitting to being a chubby chaser, Eriku? :p

Seriously... that is a pathetic-assed Optimus. He looks like he's been chilling on the couch knockin' back Stroh's for the last 20 years or so and getting larger everyday. He's Middle-aged Prime!

Bring on the 20th Anniversary Prime and let's pretend this one doesn't exist.

The thing I fear is stupid people giving lousy reviews toy alternators calling them to complex or fragile. This happened to the only decent set of minicons the street team. They had good Transforamtions and looked okay but people blasted them for being to fragile. I don't mind bricks as long as they look good, like good old G1 series 1 - 3. Hell actually I liked the armada prime (yeah I'm a freak sue me). But this new energon stuff just blows. Yes its made for kids but thats no excuse for it to suck. You can make stuff with simple transformations and still make it look good. Look back at the old G1 prime (come on folks admit it his transformation is pretty simple) but it was still nice and it worked well his bot and trailer mode looking great.

What is the over all reaction to alternators? If people are more excited about Energon my faith in humanity is utterly crushed.

I never really know what to think of the whole "made for kids" excuse. Yes, it's true that they are made for kids. BUT...it wasn't so long ago that I was a kid. I can remember those times vividly and I have a distinct recollection of what I liked and didn't like. I can say with absolute certainty that I would have hated this Energon (and most of the Armada) stuff. Maybe it's appealing to a 5-year old, but anything beyond that is questionable.

As would have I. In fact, I stopped collecting Transformers around age 5 when I found the uber-poseable/realistic GI Joes.

Realism, poseability.

Two things I require in toys. Two things that are lacking in Armada/Energon.

Edited by Etrigan

As would have I. In fact, I stopped collecting Transformers around age 5 when I found the uber-poseable/realistic GI Joes.

Realism, poseability.

Two things I require in toys. Two things that are lacking in Armada/Energon.

Bah! Don't get me started on those damn GI Joes.... always wanted to collect them but they never sold anything but cheap knock offs here in Brazil. :angry:

WTF, I was over at TFW2005 and people were refering to Diecast as fragil, were gonna get hasbro versions of alternators cause they wanted sturdy plastic not fragil diecast, what are the people over there smoking? How can you call diecast toys, things you could bludgon people to death with fragile?!?

WTF, I was over at TFW2005 and people were refering to Diecast as fragil, were gonna get hasbro versions of alternators cause they wanted sturdy plastic not fragil diecast, what are the people over there smoking? How can you call diecast toys, things you could bludgon people to death with fragile?!?

Yeah, I thought we were crazy fanboy's. Just Kidding!! But it's nutz over on those boards right now. :(

Edited by NSJ23

Paint chips/flakes off of diecast parts with very little effort.

It's why the 2nd version of the YF-19 and VF-19 have more plastic parts than the original. The original had horrific paint chipping problems, and anywhere where metal-to-plastic joints occurs usually leads to problems. (plastic-to-plastic parts--they'll each "give" a little---with metal, the plastic will just break if there's a slightly imperfect clearance). The only paint flaws/chips on my valks occur on the diecast parts, 'nuff said. Sure, diecast may be heavier/stronger, but that just leads to paint chipping, and problems where plastic parts attach.

(If you want to see some SERIOUS flame-wars about plastic vs diecast, go check out some model airplane forums) :)

bandai and aioshima do a great job on the enameling of their Chogokin lines, it would take some serious efforts to chip these. Bandai must use the same kinda paint technique they use on cars with the quality finish they get :) Still I checked the polls people seem pretty excited universally bout alternators and the MP prime. the poll for do you love the MP prime was a staggering 67 positive to a 6 negative.

Edited by GobotFool

wow. the world really IS going down the shitter if kids can actually LIKE this toy.

I collected very few TF's as a child cause I thought many of them were ugly including the 1/55 Jetfire and Valkyries. Ugly deformed pieces of plastic and metal that were supposed to represent my favorite characters. What would I have thought of this POS if I had seen it then??? THis makes the (dare I say?) MPC look like a masterpiece.

vinnie

Hmmm, I wouldn't go quite there yet. I haven't snagged any of these new TF's since the originals hold a dear place in my heart, along with the GI Joes of the mid-80's... you know, before they got all colorful.

Of the old TF's, the 3 F-15s were my favorites. Sideswipe & Sunstreak were faves too back in the day B)