Evangelion Chogokin Toys

I was thinking about investing some money into one of these evangelion toys, perticularly the eva-00 blue(gx-??), with that bad-ass sniper rifle. The thing is, thats a lot of money, something like $70. What I'm asking is; does anyone own one of these Eva chogokins on MW. I've searched around and I can only find scanned box pictures, no reviews. If any owners could share a review, or some pictures would be very nice, of one of their EVA chogokins, especially that bad-ass blue one, it would be much appreciated.

Wrong Forum. <_<

You can check the Toybox DX rewiews, I remember they had a very good one for the EVA 01.

I have all exept the Yellow one and they are a beauty. Only problem is the paint, specially in the Red one. Nothing mayor in my toys.

Great poseability, lots of diecast and toons of accesories, If you like the Evas you should get one of this toys

I got one(unit 02)... and I closely examined the paint on it... no problems there. I LOVE IT!

It is literally a dream come true. I remember saying to some friends that if they would make a die-cast version of the Bandai LM-HG models that it would rule... now that's pretty much what I have.

I got one(unit 02)... and I closely examined the paint on it... no problems there. I LOVE IT!

It is literally a dream come true. I remember saying to some friends that if they would make a die-cast version of the Bandai LM-HG models that it would rule... now that's pretty much what I have.

What did the LM stand for in the LM-HG Eva kits?

Sounds good, maybe I will cough up some money. I don't think HLJ carrys them anymore, so where did you get yours from? I need to find an online site that won't rip ya, preferably a site that has the blue eva-00 in stock. Any Help is, again, appreciated.

Tam has them at Twin Moons.....with and without base.

What did the LM stand for in the LM-HG Eva kits?

Limited Model I think.... which is funny because they seem to be one of the most common.

A little off topic, but i'm curious; The blue eva-00 is known as the proto-type, yet the yellow one preceded it, can anyone fill me in.

Actually, the yellow one is the prototype, the blue one is the modified version of the yellow one, that is outfitted for combat duties...

Edited by fulcy

A little off topic, but i'm curious; The blue eva-00 is known as the proto-type, yet the yellow one preceded it, can anyone fill me in.

Actually, the yellow one is the prototype, the blue one is the modified version of the yellow one, that is outfitted for combat duties...

oh

I also just noticed from the pic above, both eva-00's are labeled 'proto-types' ;)

oh

I also just noticed from the pic above, both eva-00's are labeled 'proto-types' ;)

00 was yellow before Ramiel fried the armour. It was fitted with new armour and given a new blue paint job. Hence the difference between 00 (Zero) and 00' (Zero Prime)

• 4 months later...

well i couldnt find a more relevant thread so dug this one up. today i received both the EVA-03 and 04 AND the HK crystal bases (thanks twin moons). i havent seen a combo set of base+figure so i had to order these seperately. anyway since most people have seen 03 and 04 i thought i'ld show the bases

Crystal Bases

It may be hard to tell but the 03 comes with the dark base, and the 04 comes with the lighter one.

as for the figures, well i havent opened 03 yet but 04 is very pretty. the polished silver makes it seem like a limited edition figure (and judging by how fast some places sold out it wouldnt be far from the truth). be careful though..mine out of the box already had some wear on one of the legs. plus the joints seemed very loose and delicate. oh and one of the screws on the base was loose. ARrrrrggg. definately not a toy to be mis-treated.

Just putting in my .02.

I bought the GX-14 displayed it, and then sold it, because I think they are too small for the price. Good poseability, and looked fine, but too tiny.

Yep... that would quite honestly be the only thing I'd change about any of the SOC toys. Make 'em about 10-12" and they'd be completely badass.

I picked up a Unit 01 a few weeks back and really like. It is a solid toy that is packed with fun. It comes with 2 sets of the shoulder fins (1 that is meant for display and a second set that open to expose the progressive knife and needle gun), 2 sets of hands, tons of weapons and the cool stand.

I'll pick up Unit 00' if I decide to get a second one.

Big Bad Toy Store (www.bigbadtoystore.com) may be a good option if you live in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought GX-14 from a retail store, then GX-22 from a collector shop.

I noticed my 22 has a small Gainax sticker while my 14 didn't.

It's a small issue, just wanted to know some background on the differences.

I asked one of the owners of the other stores, and he told me. The one with the sticker is from Japan and is of better quality as it has passed quality control in Japan. And they are part of the the initial batch of toys. Whereas the one with no sticker is for international market and may be of inferior quality and lesser value. Is that true?

Any info would be helpful, just interested to know.

He also told me to be careful when buying the crystal bases, as there are many fake ones in the market.