Alternator Hound

Wow, that is a damn simple transformation. Painted up like the first prototype shot from the last Hound thread, it looks pretty good.

Legs may be a little thin, but I still like Hound way better than Sideswipe.

Hound always was one of my favorites. Maybe they will make a new Trailbreaker too!

I just want a G1 Hummer TF.

I dont know why, but I think Magnus would make a good Hummer. It just seems to fit his whole "soldier" image...

Personally, I really like this Alternator. I might even considering spending the extra cash on the Binaltech version.

I've been looking forward to this one. Already pre-ordered the alternator. Just one thing bothers me after seeing these pics: the head sculpt. As it is now, it just doesn’t look like G1 Hound. The face is too narrow and triangular.

Looks great. Just doesn't look like Hound to me. I just wish the face was a bit broader.

post-26-1073147031_thumb.jpg

Is that a flip-over autobot emblem I see before me?

Good eye. Do you happen to see where his engine disappears off to?

the engines are his arms. look at his "tricep"

vinnie

EDIT IN: You know what I find stupid are the car makers who refuse to have the likeness of their cars used as Transformers... I think it's great PR that doesn't hurt them. Plus they get money from the licensing. The only excuse they could have is that their cars were going to be the bad guys....

Edited by justvinnie

Hound always was one of my favorites. Maybe they will make a new Trailbreaker too!

I just want a G1 Hummer TF.

That's who I was thinking should be a Hummer for the Alternator line, Trailbreaker.

I'm still wondering what decepticons they are going to do.

man that looks beautiful. I just wish these alternators came with shoulder cannons like their g1 counterparts have. Is that too much to ask for? :p:D:lol:

man that looks beautiful. I just wish these alternators came with shoulder cannons like their g1 counterparts have. Is that too much to ask for? :p:D:lol:

You know, I knew something was missing. Aw well... one can always do what that one guy did with his custom sideswipe and use a minicon in its place...

Ok, I must be blind because I don't see it?!? Can someone tell me where his weapon does store away? :unsure:

Thanks in advance! I really love this line so far. Got Sideswipe today and I like him better than I thought I would...maybe even more so than Smokescreen. You really have to hold the figure in your hand to appreciate it...not a bit of robot kibble showing in car mode...most impressive! Can't wait to see the rest of this series!

Melissa (who can't help hoping for a Ford Mustang Binaltech/Alternator figure) :p

Trueblue: Where did you find Sideswipe? Or was it the Binaltech one? I've got Smokescreen and I'm defintely going to get the rest of them. I love the fact that they brought these out to give traditionalists that like G1 a toy worth getting! I had SS sitting on my desk in car mode and everyone thought it was just a WRC car, I had to tell them it was a transformer.

Tracks as a Chevy Corvette should be the fifth inthe Binaltech / Alternator line but no pics of proto yet :lol:

Tracks as a Chevy Corvette should be the fifth inthe Binaltech / Alternator line but no pics of proto yet :lol:

fifth or sixth generaton, or are you just completely guessing? As much as many of my chevy friends would accuse me of heresy, I rather like the 6th gen Corvette...

I think he meant fifth in the alternators line. Although I thought I read a 5th generation corvette as well.

Yea, I know he meant fifth in the producting line. I'm just curious if any news has been dropped on its design.

Trueblue: Where did you find Sideswipe? Or was it the Binaltech one? I've got Smokescreen and I'm defintely going to get the rest of them. I love the fact that they brought these out to give traditionalists that like G1 a toy worth getting! I had SS sitting on my desk in car mode and everyone thought it was just a WRC car, I had to tell them it was a transformer.

Valkyrie Exchange has the Binaltech version in stock. Kevin's a great seller with good prices who ships *very* quickly..highly recommended! ..and BTW, Sideswipe really is much better in hand, so it is a purchase you will not regret! (I'm pretty sure the Hasbro Alternators version is not out yet)

My favorite thing about this line..truly robots in disguise. It took the best thing about the Car Robots/RID line (realistic alt modes) and improved on it. Mainly, the car parts aren't just kibble and instead become vital parts in the robot mode. (although Sideswipe has more car kibble showing in robot mode than the others shown...but nowhere nearly as bad as the Car bros from RID...those looked too much like humans in suits with car parts hanging off in odd places.... ;) )