gundam G-Saviour

IMHO, it's strictly for the completist. The Gundam design is bad and the cast is even worse. A live action Gundam could be good, but this wasn't.

I still see it at Best Buy and Suncoast quite often.

The desing wasn't all that bad. Some of the variations that came from it were nice. Its just too.... simplistic I guess.

Like said you can pick up the dvd at suncoast or even best buy. I've seen it in there. As for it being good or bad. I heard nothing but horrible things about it and then decided to pick it up and see for myself. Reason being is what while I've seen tons of anime I still happen to enjoy DBZ so I figure my taste differ and I will see it to make up my own mind. Its not a great movie but no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Its a C/C+/B- movie(different parts get rated differently). As is the cast. Its a made for TV movie as well. The basic story is okay but nothing original or groundbreaking, well a lot of Gundam wasn't when you look it as a whole. Some of the acting is decent while other parts are bad. The design of the G-saviour was okay in my opinion. I liked it as well as the design of the Rai mobile suits. There are no 360 degree cockpits just the standard ones that we see in the OYW but this is mostly due to how much it would have cost to actually do that type of thing, special effects wise. The Gaia suits had a horrible design. There isn't much character development, what little there is is little. Honestly the space battle at the end was worth buying in my opinion.

I've noticed a lot of people had problems with the colonies being called Settlements. Honestly not much of different between. No big deal. They are still grouped in sides and each things has its own name and is well a settlement. A lot of other things were made bigger deals then they were needed to be in my opinion. For example the armor some of the troops wear are the same as the ones used in the Starship Troopers movie. Personally I don't see that as a reason to bash a movie, not a valid reason anyway but that's just me.

If you must have everything gundam then pick it up. The space battles and seeing the G-Saviour in CG action is worth it. If you are looking for a masterpiece then think twice. Just remember that while it isn't good it is no where near as bad as some fans make it out to be when they bash it. I remember when Gundam.com was up it was hated on by several people to no end. The topic would be about fish and this one guy would turn it into a Gsavior bashing thread. Try to stay away from comments like that. Honestly you should check it out for youself and then judge if you like it or not. Take how much others like or hate with a grain of salt when you see it so you don't go into it looking for things wrong with it.

B))

Edited by Effect

Hey guys,

By the way, I just noticed the number of posts you have... How on earth did you manage to post all these and still have a life, eat and work ? LOL !!!

In the old forums I had over 800 posts and it took me almost 1.5 years to do so.

Thanks for the comments, I'll definitly stay away from it, I'll just go put some ointment on my genital oozing sores.

Edited by Montarvillois

Hey guys,

By the way, I just noticed the number of posts you have... How on earth did you manage to post all these and still have a life, eat and work ? LOL !!!

In the old forums I had over 800 posts and it took me almost 1.5 years to do so.

Thanks for the comments, I'll definitly stay away from it, I'll just go put some ointment on my genital oozing sores.

Your best option is to find a video store that rents anime. Chances are they'll have it. That way, if you rent it, you might not feel so bad about it. :D

As to the mech designs- To each is own. IMHO, designs from Gundam have run the gamut from good to bad. Contributing to the mecha genre some of the best designs ever to some of the worst designs ever.

It was horrible. The G-savior's modular design was interesting (space and ground packages), and I liked the CG for the colonies. But, they couldn't pick a scale for the mobile suits, the plot was kinda inane, and his gov't official girlfriend was a complete bitch. The GM's the independant colony had were useless. The mobile dolls didn't look too bad though. Definately a C movie. It is obviously a made-for-tv movie.

One thing I didn't get was they said in the intro the calendar switched to UC in 22something. I don't think so Tim. Unless it's documented somewhere else?

I would agree with the above: rent it.

Can I just say, you don't wanna get it and should JUST forget it, even if your a gundam fan, the graphics were bad, the acting was horrible, the outfits are rehashed Starship trooper outfits...

Actually, those WERE the starship troopers uniforms. Right out of storage.

<_< Well so they were....I remember seeing one at a DishTV office few years back, very creepy. Oh another mean comment about the series. Those two hours you waste watching this movie makes you want to travel back in time and smack yourself before buying the DVD. : / I'd try to get rid of mine if I wasn't such a pack rat on anime.

Honestly the space battle at the end was worth buying in my opinion.

I wish you were being sarcastic.

The "space battle" between the mobile suits look like they were moving under water. They were moving soooo slooooooow (and no, this wasn't a slo-mo/bullet-time moment) you wonder what'd be the point to fight with beam sabers when any flying craft could have dusted them with conventional ammo or beam shots before their beam sabers even made contact.

Can I just say, you don't wanna get it and should JUST forget it, even if your a gundam fan, the graphics were bad, the acting was horrible, the outfits are rehashed Starship trooper outfits...

Actually, those WERE the starship troopers uniforms. Right out of storage.

:lol: Thought they looked familiar :lol:

Put it another way: putting this "movie" on the Sci-Fi channel will make any of their original programs look like theatrical blockbuster quality movies.

Ouch!!!

That's one of the harshest comments yet! :lol:

But Taken wasn't bad...

I actually liked Taken and the Dune mini-series. Though it is true that, as a general rule, sci-fi channel productions stink to high heaven.

G-Saviour spawned the G-Saviour Gaiden PS2 game, which is still my favorite Gundam PS2 game to date (and I've played all of them up to Titans vs AEUG, which isn't that great.)

Ouch!!!

That's one of the harshest comments yet!  :lol:

But Taken wasn't bad...

Well, I'm not gonna comment over Taken, since I haven't seen it yet. But I'll say that G-Saviour makes the new Battlestar Galactica look like The Empire Strikes Back.

:lol: It's funny because it's so true.