vf25s 1/60 prone to breaking?

FireBat01

hey all. i just recently got a dx ozma lee (my first dx) that had a couple of cracked /broke hinges. I am wondering if this is a common problem? this was the 2 hinges that allow the nose and legs to fold down to form the torso. i repaired them but am wondering if this is something i should worry about if i decide to buy another dx (new).

hey all. i just recently got a dx ozma lee (my first dx) that had a couple of cracked /broke hinges. I am wondering if this is a common problem? this was the 2 hinges that allow the nose and legs to fold down to form the torso. i repaired them but am wondering if this is something i should worry about if i decide to buy another dx (new).

Is it the original or Renewal? If its the original then thats the problem right there. Original release was faulty as hell. Especially the 25S

I'm in the same boat, my VF-25 Ozma (v1) had the swing bars basically crumble over time. I patched them back together, but would really like to replace them with sturdier parts.

My VF-25 Michael did not have the same issue with the swing bars, but the "hip thrust" joint cracked on it. It's less of an issue since I don't need to use that joint for Battroid mode, but still kind of disappointing.

My v1 Ozma disintegrated without doing anything with it. My v1 RVF and 25G are still intact with no cracks or breaks, however they are as floppy as a rag doll. It definitely seems to be a common problem with the version 1 VF-25S. The gray plastic they used seems to be very poor quality.

The V1 and V2 are worlds apart in quality and line art accuracy. Skipping the V1 VF-25's was one of the smartest choices I've ever made in this hobby.

The only thing better than the V2 would be a VF-25 made by Arcadia, IMO. It's a moot point though, it won't happen anytime soon, if ever.

The V1 and V2 are worlds apart in quality and line art accuracy. Skipping the V1 VF-25's was one of the smartest choices I've ever made in this hobby.

The only thing better than the V2 would be a VF-25 made by Arcadia, IMO. It's a moot point though, it won't happen anytime soon, if ever.

Smart thing that you did, I had a lot of the v1 VF-25's and those that didn't break I sold. My 25S Armor Bundle never had any issues while I had it, but reading this I wonder how it's held up over the years with it's new owner.

And if Arcadia was able to do a VF-25 I'd literally flip with joy.

-b.

thanks for all of the replys. this is all good to know. i am assuming this is a v1. when i purchased it i knew it was damaged, i just couldn't pass it up for less than 60$. the legs feel nice and stiff on it, just the arm joints feel a little floppy. it doesnt like to hold the gun straight out. ive mended the cracks at the hinges and added some extra plastic to replace what was taken away. so hopefully i dont have any other issues with it. i dont exactly play with them so i guess thats a good thing haha.

sheesh. yea. so far thats the only one ive found remotely close to that price for any version that wasnt a model. was an ebay bid. from now on ill know to look for some v2's. i was just really wanting a dx since i didnt have one yet.

Edited by FireBat01

sheesh. yea. so far thats the only one ive found remotely close to that price for any version that wasnt a model. was an ebay bid. from now on ill know to look for some v2's. i was just really wanting a dx since i didnt have one yet.

If you're looking for a VF-25S V2 then have fun. Those run for at least $300