Crazydudes Creation Lab.

CrazyDude

Finished the Mecha Colle 2199 YamatoYamato, pics after weathering tomorrow.

Back to the WWII Chibi Mark Yamato and the Egg-Plane Hughes 300.

There are 2 things I love Diorama and Super Deformed.

It is May and time to dress some birds, 1st batch for this month.

post-28656-0-06555800-1399018730_thumb.jpg

2 25F's and a 29, 2nd 29 is still enroute. Ignore the Egg-Plane Hughes 300.

Also working on 3 IdolMaster kits A-10, F4-EJ & AV-8B.

Next month I get an Egg-Plane Hughes 500, IdolMaster Saab Draken, Yf-29(egg-plane too.

Tinkering with a free other kits on the side.

Very cool! I just finished the Ranka and Alto (plain) 25F recently, and I have the Sheryl version underway. I'm curious to hear how you like them. I found lining up the stickers across the contours of the Ranka version to be an exciting challenge.

I reckon I will need to buy extra bottles of Mark Setter & Mark Softer.

Not new to wallpaper decals, take it slow position the decals well before hitting with the setter solution.

Give about 2-3 days for trying bcefore going on, thin coats of clear also help protect the earlier layer.

Take it easy and slow and you should be ok?.

Oh, unless you've got something significantly different than I did, those aren't waterslides on the 1/100 Ranka & Sheryl valks. They're these very thick, possibly vinyl stickers. I think Bandai made them so thick (nothing like Gundam stickers or what you get on the newer "regular" valk kits) so that they can stretch over contours without ripping. I don't think they would respond to decal solutions at all.

I found that they worked a lot better than I expected them to. Each sticker was fit exactly to the space over the rear 2/3 of the valk, using clear sections as needed, so lining them up was easy and only minimal trimming was required. I stickered the wings and stabilizers before assembly, but you basically have to do the body afterwards, because the stickers cross multiple parts. The approach on the top of the jet is very different from the bottom: on the top it's mostly one huge sticker that has to go over a lot of bumps and details (wish they hadn't done it that way), while the underside is this crazy patchwork of multiple stickers that have to fit together to cover the much deeper contours of the leg area. The latter took more time to line up, but I think it worked better.

A few things I noted:

- Although the thick stickers obscure a lot of the fine panel lines, you can pick out the major lines by using a toothpick or burnishing tool to push the sticker down into them before fully pressing down the flat areas. It's unfortunately hard to do this with the finer lines, simply because you can't detect them through the graphics (at least, I couldn't).

- There are tough spots on the upper body of the jet (the biggest sticker) where the sticker has to contour over the two nubs behind the head, and the rear of the central fuselage. It may help to poke small holes to let air escape, and really work the sticker over these spots repeatedly before tamping down the rest of it.

- There are a pair of louver details on each side of the back of the jet that are just begging to have their detail picked out by pressing the sticker down. I wish I had resisted this urge, because their placement on Ranka ends up looking a bit like whiskers (these aren't mine, but you can sort of see them in the great photos here). Whiskers on Ranka isn't a terrible idea, but... I think to the degree that the sticker could obscure these depressions by being pulled taut over them, it would look better.

- The sheet comes with extra stickers that aren't called out in the instructions, so you can have fun sprinkling these around the emptier front 1/3 of the jet, or the gunpod.

- a couple of good coats of Future over the finished stickers gives a nice look, and seals any edges.

- I'd suggest not clear-coating the gunpod, because the stand adapter that fits onto it will scrape the coating something fierce (oops). Or maybe round down the edges of the adapter.

I'll see about getting some pictures of mine up. Again, only Ranka is done so far.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you were offering advice on the wallpaper decals, rather than soliciting it. I hope I'm not coming off as a complete dick with all of these un-asked-for suggestions. Your work is fantastic, and I have no doubt you know what you are doing!

Edited by Nekko Basara

Need to give some explanation.

Add 17 I was certified/trained in IT, after that was national service(no choice).

My 10yrs living in South Africa were great and bad. Great job, great Salary and met a great Japanese wife.

Bad constant danger of muggings, breaking, forced to take lives, etc and seeing stuff that shall we say are upsetting to any ex-soldier.

Japan has treated me well but my body couldn't keep up with J-business practice's add in wife diagnosed with near terminal breast-cancer ..?

I am now a single dad(13yr old son) and due to circumstances both health and finances we are living apart but meet often.

My sickness gives me good and bad times, hence spurts in modelling.

Right now I get social welfare as I got a Doctors Stop for working, so finances are low?

Nekko Basara

No problem and no worries mate.

Edited by CrazyDude

Phew had just a great shock.

Was listening to the Gregorian concert at Burg Kreuzenstein(love both).

Drifted off and woke up to Takarazuka(Muted telly) and Gregorian music.

Be still my beating heart.

I am heavy into 'New Age' music which includes Vangelis, Mike Oldfield, Enigma, Vanessa Mae and more.

Enigma's 1st AlbuAlbum(Michael Cretu/French and Wife Sandra/German Arabesque & Sandra) first featured Gregorian chants by real monks.

Later Gregorian/Masters of chant hired the same monks.

From the 2nd album it is a troupe of international singer and the songs been rearranged for the choir by ameylia bright man,both her and her younger sister Sarah(Phantom of the Opera with Antonio Banderas)provide vocals.

Edited by CrazyDude

Thank you for sharing that. It helps me to understand how important this hobby is, and how everyone comes to it from different places.

Your output is amazing, and I look forward to seeing more. Especially curious about those Idolmaster kits and their huge "wallpaper" decals. I love heavily decorated machines like the real-world Tigermeet planes, and imaginary ones like the itasha-themed mecha in AKB0048.

Thxc, checked the Macross kits, yes they are thicker stickers. I reckon burnish down the edges and hit therm with the hairdryer on medium setting, this will soften and snuggle up to the SD surface.

Idolmaster kits are waterslide transfers, so no problems there.

As many know I like SD or Super Deformed kits/designs.

Picked this item up as Fujimi came out with a new range, ordered another kit which features the below and an SD P-38(1943 game).

I just assembled it OOB no paint, decals.

post-28656-0-87169200-1399187651_thumb.jpg

Eyeing the aircraft carrier next.

Posting from Hospital, was allowed to bring 4 kits with to build in rehab classes.

Love this Hospital, all private rooms(44) nice communal area with private garden situated in the mountains west of Tokyo.

In for observation as my depression meds is being changed.

Got permission to bring my Nexus 7 but limited use for specific hours.

Edited by CrazyDude

Saturday & Sunday are no rehab classed so no access to my kits = boring. :(

But some friendly ladies/patients to help pass the time, instead of rehab I can go for walks on the hospital grounds. And read MW.

gwfalcon.

Thx, bit disappointed with current output to be honest. More in variety next month.

Worn out, spend most of today outside the hospital, as I had a workgroup to attend at my local city-hall.

Been selected as one of 100 local people to work on how to improve my city, so lots of brainstorming and taking in various viewpoints. Of course all in Japanese, next week Sunday is the 2nd session. Only westerner there.

We get paid 4000yen(bout 40$ per session) which will continue in autumn and for 5 yrs.

Fun but tiring, will also be out on the 25th as I go it 2 Buddhist meetings to attend.

Luckily hospital lets us out for those and similar appointments.

Tomorrow back to working on my 2nd 1/72 Dougram kit and another 1/72 Mecha.

Hey all.

So far no side-effects from new meds but it looks I got a spot of the Flu? Grrr.

Meaning 3 pills at lunch, 1 at supper and 5 before sleeping, might sound like a lot still few when compared with people I know. One lady I know takes 29/day with 15 before sleeping. 8D.

On Sunday I am out of the hospital again with possible early discharge next weekend but most likely end of month.

Sunday trip is 1.5hrs to my City-Hall, 4hrs meeting and another 1.5hrs to return.

Once I am out I will finalise the pending deal aynd ship requested parts to the other parties.

Again apologies for the delay. Now back to the models, was asked to leave 2 behind as samples for future rehab classes. Can't take pics as no Camera allowed.

Edited by CrazyDude

After consultation with my doctor we decided to extend my Hospital stay till at least end of June.

This means all the pending deals are off and I offer my sincere apologies to all parties concerned.

Will still be building the odd model while I am here.

Currently at home to get some new clothes, kits and other stuff, will be out next weekend again as I need to pay utilities, etc but not close to my apartment.

Luckily I can wear my own clothes in the hospital, we do our own clothes washing.

Here are some odd pics I took.

1/48 X-Wing & 1/72 Dougram (2nd build).

post-28656-0-52880800-1400976488_thumb.jpg

1/72 Layzner Buldy & 1/35 Rapidly Dog Standard

post-28656-0-73069000-1400976565_thumb.jpg

2010 1/500 Yamato & Mecha College Yamato 2199

post-28656-0-92755800-1400976586_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrazyDude

Here is how I make Jewel Eyes, Sensors, Lights and the like.

Materials used:

Wave H-Eyes green, Decoration Tape(at any stationary shop).

post-28656-0-28027800-1401324393_thumb.jpg

The decoration tape is reflective silver on the sticky side.

post-28656-0-47203500-1401324409_thumb.jpg

Attach to back of the sensor.

I use H-Eyes as they come in green, pink and clear and many shapes(Round, Gundam Eyes, Wingtip lights). Right is trimmed.

Usually I use clear ones and colour them myself using clear colours.

post-28656-0-10796300-1401324429_thumb.jpg

And closer shot.

post-28656-0-43025900-1401324450_thumb.jpg

I use white/wood glue attach all clear parts and here too.

Pretty easy and it is done quickly. Of course you can use kit supplied clear parts too.

Edited by CrazyDude

Looking good. Im looking for clear parts to be made into a 1J head visor..do you have any suggestions? or may I know where did you purchase those clear visors set? Im just too lazy to think/search/lift my fingers to google.... :p

Edited by aaajin