Crazydudes Creation Lab.

CrazyDude

HLJ Delivery arrived, time to start unpacking. Getting another 3/4 kits in afternoon and will post pictures of contents in evening here and other thread.

Mixed bunch of stuff $320 worth.

post-28656-0-22269600-1396398431_thumb.jpg

Kotobukiya D-Style.

Those kits are the egg-planes of robot models in short SD or Super Deformed representations.

The are semi-prepainted and Snap together but I recommend glue for them, extra detail painting needs to be done to get a better presentation.

Just finished assembling the 4 D-Style Patlabor kits, pics tomorrow.

Started to make preparations to return to the workbench, still need to do some colour shopping tomorrow.

Today is to strip a plated 1/12 Mospeada Stick/Ley Ride Armor.

I hated plaster parts and strip and redo them with a local product where needed.

Forgot how tough IMAI plating is most manufacturers strip in 30sec-5 min, this takes 48-72hrs.

But will be done soon, DOT 3 Break/Clutch fluid works faster but needs to be watched as it will soften/deform the styrene.

Finishing assembling the 1/8000 SDF-1 today, I will build and paint the whole kit before chopping the legs off.

Got a few SD Plane kits in the works lost one part but will soon have thast scratch build.

Also assembling the 1/250 Diorama robots for a combined painting session.

Tomorrow I will hit Yodobashi for some colours and a few extras.

Pics will come soon.

Edited by CrazyDude

Totally forgot mention I am using 'Kitchen Bleach' to strop chrome some work faster than others.

Below 3 products I use often:

1.) Kosutte Gin San:

Best Chrome finish http://www.1999.co.jp/10011510

2.) Sabitennen:

Real Rust on any material?

http://www.smartyhands.com/id/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=13598#.U0DpeOKsIiE%5B

3.) Tamiya Panel wash in brown, black, grey, etc.

4.) Tamiya Limonene standard/thin Cement but no offensive smell.

Will soon post a PIC my Ride Armor stripped runner vs a plated one,

Found very few kits/toys that can't be recovered, Super Glue is the worst you can use.

Edited by CrazyDude

Feeling under the weather meaning an easy modeling day and staying.

Will finish gluing the SDF-1 and fixing the Pose, plus temper a bit with some other kits.

Will be taking the 1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor out if its Bleach bath and wash it using a toothbrush. Not all of the chrome undercoat lifts by itself.

Photo taking tomorrow.

Edited by CrazyDude

Not much happening right just tinkering with some kits. Will have pics soon to share.

Spring cleaning is in full swing though and will take another week to get everything ready for summer.

Next week I will know if a Hernia operation needs to be redone.

Thanks, I wish I would be allowed to work but got a Doctors stop.

Hernia is OK for now.

Currently working on the 1/72 VF-11B Nothung, Egg-Plane YF-19 Nothung and a 1/12 Stick Ride Armor.

Will take a break from injection kits after that and do some resin kits.

1/8 Bapona with Go-Ble

1/4 Nakaruru with Mamahaha

1/12 & 1/8 Silent Moebius figure kits

1/48 Scopedog B

Haven't feeled much like building, so as part of spring-cleaning I also redid my model supply storage.

Thought I share some stuff I use that most likely is not available overseas.

1st is my HoldnFold(US made), I don't use photoetch/PE parts often and thus can't justify the price for a big one. Found this one at HLJ a few years and like it.

post-28656-0-09095700-1398215205_thumb.jpg

2nd Chrome Finish, I HATE plated parts so I strip them and use the below Product "Kosutte GinSan". It goes over a Gloss Black coat and beats Alclad and SnJ Powder.

post-28656-0-59147700-1398215219_thumb.jpg

3rd the way to get a good Rust finish. "Sabi Tennen" is a 2 liquid/layer combination that will form real rust on nearly any material.

post-28656-0-14334500-1398215234_thumb.jpg

4th Panel Wash, Tamiya has released their own wash in range of colours.

post-28656-0-80868200-1398215247_thumb.jpg

5th Styrene Glue, we all know Bottle of Doom smell, my Wife was always complaining whenever I build models. Tamiya released a low smell lemon scented glue that works like their regular stuff, also available in pen form.

post-28656-0-66212200-1398215262_thumb.jpg

All the above products have been out for some time and have been used by overseas modelers.

Will post more stuff as I find it.

Edited by CrazyDude

Back at the workbench trying to catch up on a few started models, need to make room for Thursdays delivery.

The "SDF-1 in Lake" Dio is also making progress, noticed the SDF-1 kit is being reissued so ordered 2. This allows to use current kit to finalise layout without worrying about breakage.

Also working in the 4 Gundam Dio kits, hope to have all MS assembled today(not doing the supplied mascot kits), rest is seams cleanup and painting.

Will try to get pics uploaded today or tomorrow.

With rainy season starting here soon I need to get some stuff ready as the humidity during and into summer can affect paint jobs.

It is "In Stock" on the HLJ Japanese side,(1300Yen) IIRC they had problems shipping those overseas.Lots of stuff like that on all hobby sites.

Local PO interrogated me for 20 minutes and I had to explain what a metalizer is and what it is used for, last time I shipped for a friend.

One reason why Rainbow 10 shut their overseas ordering, plus they got hit for mislabeling inventory of shipped goods as well as under declaring the value of the order.

Edited by CrazyDude

If you are willing to wait 1 month I can get one with next months order and ship it.

Sorry, already placed this months order fixed shipping I pay $8 for one kit or 20.

IN the USA there are RubnBuff and SnJ powder if I remember correctly.

Also look into Bare metal Foil.

A few companies like Humbrol, Gunze, etc also make poloshable metalic paints.

HTH.

That would be awesome, Crazydude!

To be honest, my wallet's a little on the skinny side right now (just bought a compressor, ordered an airbrush, just paid a couple of model kits, and waiting for the Full-metal Ghost to arrive...not to mention saving up for a PS4) and I don't know how much the shipping's going to cost me, all the way from the US. Besides, a bottle of gray powder might not be something I'd like to import right now, so soon after MH370.

BTW, if and when I can afford to buy some, can I pay you back via PayPal? Not sure how else to go about it.

Waiting for my HLJ delivery to arrive in a few hours.

Will include some

1/100 Macross F kits with wallpaper decals.

1/72 Idol Master kits.

1/48 X-Wing

1/72 Dougram(2nd kit)

SD kits

1/72 Lazyner kit

Mecha Colle Yamato

Modeling Supplies.

Love the next day deliveries here when ordering online (any shop) and a fixed shipping rate regardless of No. Of Items and COD or convenience store payment.

Convenient store payment is AFTER delivery as payment slip is included in Delivery. No need for a CC here.

Edited by CrazyDude