Goodbye Bandai Entertainment USA

It has been awhile since I had gotten anything from Bandai Entertainment after I got Gundam OO Awakening of the Trailblazer, back in early 2012. And on my next jaunt to Best Buy to pick the next Bleach movie I see Gundam Unicorn vol 2. Somewhere back in my head I should have picked it up as well but missed out cause some doucebag grabbed the last copy. And to make matters worst than Best Buy trimmjing down their anime section, their online store nolonger has any copies of it nor FYE. So I went for the source Bandai-entertaiment.com and this is what I find out from using a serach engine on my PS3, several links saying taht Bandai Entertainment has folded. The website is gone with the exception of the Code Geasse website even when I get on my computer to type in the web address I get the same thing from Verizon saying the site is not there. Here is a quote from Anime News Network

"Bandai Entertainment, the subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) that handles anime and manga in North America, will stop offering new DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and manga releases next month. It will continue to distribute in its existing catalog lineup, but it will no longer produce and distribute new releases as of this February.

Instead, Bandai Entertainment will focus on licensing rights to other companies, particularly in digital distribution, broadcast, and merchandising. The company will be restructured as a result, and most of its contractors and three of its five fulltime staff members will be laid off. ANN will publish an interview with Bandai Entertainment President and CEO Ken Iyadomi on Tuesday.

The following releases have been cancelled:

Anime DVD/Blu-ray Disc

Gosick

Nichijō

Turn A Gundam

Manga

Code Geass: Renya (Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya)

Gurren Lagann volume 7

Kannagi volumes 4-6

Lucky Star Boo Boo KagaBoo (spinoff by Eretto)

Mobile Suit Gundam 00I

Tales of the Abyss: Jade's Secret Memories volumes 1 and 2

Releases in Bandai Entertainment's current catalog will still be available after February, and Bandai Entertainment plans to produce new stock on these existing releases, if needed, until their respective licenses expire.

Bandai Entertainment closed its own online store in December, but other retailers can still order and carry Bandai Entertainment's current releases as before."

Anime News Network

Which explains why Funimation got the license for Eureka Seven Astral Ocean, they were widing down since 2011 Gundam Unicorn Part 1 and 2 and Gundam OO Awakening of the Trailblazers were the last two they released. There was also news the Turn A Gundam and another anime, and some other mangas that were slated to be released after they announced they they got the licensing rights to distribute got canceled. As for Gundam Unicorn, I managed to find them on amazon.com but there isn't a part three that would contain two one hour episodes. So far there some more that were released by Bandai Visual but the are single episode japanese audio with english subs Blu-ray discs, but they cost more than what I want to spend but would have no choice if I want to see i end. First Bandai Entertainment goes down and now Yamato goes, is the economy that bad these two companies are going away. I hope Viz Media picks up the licence for Gundam Unicorn and other titles that Bandai Entertainment dropped.

Here is a link from ANN an interview with Robert Napton on his last days with Bandai Entertainment http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2013-02-27

You need to escape your Hobbit Hole more. The news of Bandai of America folding has been around for almost a year now.

Well excuse me, it's news to me since as I stated couldn't find Gundam Unicorn on Best Buy anymore, only to find out by chance last month that Bandai Ent closed down, when I tried to get it from the source. Give me a break I haven't got anything from Bandai since the OO movie since early 2012 and I had no idea that would be my last time getting something from them. As it is clear to me that it's old news I give the moderator permission to lock this thread down

Way old news. I believe we even had a thread for this. But in hindsight, if you got any Bandai DVD's or Blu-rays you've got gold in your collection. Prices on certain shows have gone up drastically since November when they officially killed all their stock.

Well excuse me, it's news to me since as I stated couldn't find Gundam Unicorn on Best Buy anymore, only to find out by chance last month that Bandai Ent closed down, when I tried to get it from the source. Give me a break I haven't got anything from Bandai since the OO movie since early 2012 and I had no idea that would be my last time getting something from them. As it is clear to me that it's old news I give the moderator permission to lock this thread down

Ignorantia juris non excusat.

I heard that this news may be past date. Is there any truth to this?

"Archaeology is the search for fact ... not truth. If it's truth you're interested in, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall."

;)

Edited by renegadeleader1

Instead of kicking poor Hornet, I'd like to change the subject:

I got down to 6% bodyfat in the past month... My abs have never looked better.

Instead of kicking poor Hornet, I'd like to change the subject:

I got down to 6% bodyfat in the past month... My abs have never looked better.

No, A1, YOU WILL LISTEN TO KEITH'S SONG!