1/72 Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

RTHK

Absolutely gorgeous... I burned one of my paintbrushes in honor of this guy....

Seeing stuff like that makes me feel such heights of emotion... dumbfounded awe and respect for the modeler who is capable of this, and abysmal dismay at my own skills....

two interesting notes. 1, the missile "pod" (front of the FP) ...Ive never seen one open that way...is that the way the line are shows, or inspiration? Either way, I like it

2 - the vernier on the upper part of the Fast pack hatch should have been removed and mounted internally...no?

Still not trying to nitpick..this muct have taken a lot of time. Great work.

Hello,

Definitely a great job on the 1/72 Strike.

Reminds me a lot of the Club M kit. The builder was definitely inspired by it.

Quite a few similarities, but also some differences. Mainly, the manner in which the missile pod opens.

Of course the 1/48 Club M is made to be ultra-detailed, but to modify a 1/72 Hasegawa to the same level took a lot of work.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

what is that from and how much of it is custom built?

Looks like large portions are from S.F.3D. (Maschinen Krieger) kits.

The front is from an HAFS Gladiator:

http://home.att.net/~bklk/models/bk14_2.html

Part of the top looks like it's from a Hornisse:

http://home.att.net/~mak3000/models/pk41.html

The light bar on the front of it looks like it comes from the Gundam 08th MS Ball kit.

The gun is probably something off a Zoids toy line.

Not sure where the rest comes from. Migth be scratchbuilt.

(yeah, I spend way too much time looking at models) :rolleyes:

Felix

Very nice Strike Valk indeed! I wish my moodelling skills are just as great!

I've always wanted to get a Hase Strike Valk and a Super Valk but a have a question:

Does the 1/72 Hasegawa Strike & Super Valks have an optional modeling choice to be modeled without the Strike and Super Armours like the 1/72 Hasegawa Super Ostrich kit? The Hase Super O kit has this option wherein you can model it with or without armour. Do the Strike and Super Hase kits also have this option or are you just stuck with the Valk in Strike and Super model?

Thanks!

gian7675 :)

Yeap, just like the super O you can also build it without the fast packs on regular fighter mode. Besides, a little piece of styrene might fix that.

I am not sure about the angled Knee though; you might be stuck with that...

I would get the regular VF-1S or VF-1J or VF-1As if you want to build strike or super without the FPs. It would be a tad cheaper on the wallet.

Now I wondery why won't hasegawa release a Strike or Super Battroid with all 3 heads instead of forcing us to buy 2 kits to build a Super or Strike VF-1J!

Grr...

I would get the regular VF-1S or VF-1J or VF-1As if you want to build strike or super without the FPs. It would be a tad cheaper on the wallet.

Now I wondery why won't hasegawa release a Strike or Super Battroid with all 3 heads instead of forcing us to buy 2 kits to build a Super or Strike VF-1J!

Grr...

That is Marketing B))

By the way, Super Battroid Valkyrie does come with both heads of VF-1A & VF-1J

Amazing strike valk and I really dig the low vis!

Did anyone notice this:

1394592l5RF.jpg

1/144th VF-17's anyone?

OOOOOOHH!!!

I like that a lot !!!

Very nice! Are these the Bandai 1/144 re-issues? The ones that come only in Battroid and Fighter mode? Nice!!!

gian7675 :)

Yes, these are Bandai 1/144 re-issues.

more photos

139460aE46a.jpg

1394552r015.jpg

1394575x1LS.jpg

>> click here for more info <<

I find that lots of good models could be found from the following HK forum. (macross & other sci-fi)

>> NCForum <<

enjoy B))

Edited by RTHK